xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

Sleep An important factor for many things.

Very often i get confused when it comes to the subject of sleep. People say sleep it something which is very important for every one. I just look back at my sleeping habits. If some one asks me a question like , how many hours do you sleep per day ? Then i cannot answer that because my sleep timings totally depends on various factors.So now i would like to put a question to every one asking, how many hours must an adult sleep per day ? Some say 6 hours, some say 8 hours, and of course the lazy ones ( at times its me ) say 10 hours per day. I wanted to know is 6 hours of sleep enough for a normal man ?? I am confused in this regard. And moreover i wanted to know whether Sleeping must be done only during night ?? Isnt it enough if i sleep the required amount of time ( say 6 hours ) every 24 hours during any part of the day, say i sleep from 6 AM to 12 PM and i am awake all through the night. Is there any problem in that ?? If some one has some suggestion with this regard please let me know.On the other hand i read so many articles on the internet which says sleep should be only during night. Because only at that time brain cells regenerate or something. But is that really true ? And moreover i wanted to know is there any way one can work and continue with his life style with the minimum hours of sleep. If that is possible please tell me what is the minimum hours of sleep required for an ordinary man, Say some one who is of weight 60.5 Kg and height 171 CM and age 22, male . What will be his minimal sleep requirement.I just wanted to set right things with my sleep so that i wont mess up with my body condition on a later stage.But personally i prefer to sleep the minimum number of hours. Is there any technique to accomplish that ? Just imagine a life where the person dosent feel sleep at all. Oh my God then he has 24 hours per day to do all his works . That will be tremendous. One can easily do so many works per day . Now let me ask you all some thing, Is it is written somewhere in the Scripture ( Bibile ) that sleep must be at night for so many hours ?? If so please let me know with the reference, then i can simply go and follow that :D other than reading suggestions after suggestion :)

You MUST sleep or you are gonna die sooner or later! A normal person has about 6-8 hours of sleep everyday for adults. You can sleep at day and work at night, thats not gonna affect anything but the 'time clock' in your head, many people do this for their night shifts and sleep during the day as we sleep during the night. There are people who don't sleep at all or very few hours, called insomniacs. And why do you wanna work all day and sleep minimum amount of time? Sleeping is fun and healthy. Don't even try to sleep minimum amounts as you might encounter health problems later on in your life. And the bible doesn't say anything about YOU HAVE TO sleep any amount of hours.

Let me give you some facts : We need minimum 6-8 hours of sleep, be it male or female. female and male sleep requirements varies but the range i specified is must for the anyone. When to get sleep :- When you're tired- Headache- Body pain and similar issues- when your mind feels tired etcYou need sleep in these cases and there is no excuse to avoid this. More you avoid sleep the more you feel issues with health later. So be considerate about your health and take some sleep. Forget about guidance and all, your body needs some sleep then go and take it.

well, from my own research, the average person sleeps 8-9 hours a day. also, the average person only needs 5 hours a sleep a day to function. it's not unhealthy to get only 5 hours a sleep a day, but if your body is telling you it's tired, i would suggest you sleep.....or at the very least take a nap. even lying down with your eyes closed if you can't sleep can be rejuvinating.should when you sleep matter? no. i don't think so. what DOES matter is why you have a hectic sleeping schedule and getting a lot less sleep than the average person(2-3 hours less).i don't think it says anywhere in the bible where you have to sleep more and only at night. however, certain religions state that you must take care of your health. this should just be a GIVEN. everyone should take care of their health and life shouldn't just be about working while we are awake eitherso although i see no problem with sleeping during the day instead of night, and i have no problem with a person getting 6 hours sleep, your schedule seems hectic and there must be a reason for it and that COULD be considered unhealthy.the main thing to consider here is listen to your body. if it's trying to tell you something, don't ignore it.

Sleeping occurs as a biologic time. I mean that at night we sleep and during the day we don't. This means or this is like a biologic environment that must not be broken or biologic health disorders will happen. So if you are working at night you must rearrange this biologic event and sleep at day, but for that to work perfectly and for not having any trouble or disorders with your health you must consider creating an environment very similar to the night. You must close windows and make a dark room and have no noise around. So if you work at night you must sleep at day and this is not easy. If you do not recover your night sleeping hours serious brain disorders will occur. One of these disorders is intelligence loosing. :)

ah ha .. Thanks @ every one .. then i guess "he who sleeps lot will have great brains" ?? what ever i got it every one says sleep well sleep well, but when i go to bed i take a mobile and connect it with wi fi and there again sleep flies away :) . . Now that i got it right, sleeping for a minimum for 6 hrs is must :D Thanks for all your valuable suggestion , im just waiting and trying to make my sleep timings alright before i go nuts

I just recently tried to stay up for a long as possible and only made it like 35 hours. I was just in Ventrilo talking to people while we were listening to funny stuff on youtube. But then they had to leave and that's the only time I started feeling tired. It was like 8 so I had to stay awake for a couple hours so I wouldn't wake up at some random time in the morning. I usually sleep like 6 hours a night. I'm 16 and have always slept to a minimal. But for whatever reason it may be if my alarm clock doesn't go off and no ones wakes me up I can sleep all the way into like 6-8 PM into the next day. Which is so ridiculous and I hate it when it happens because its a whole wasted day.

Zagubadu, by your profile picture you don't look too good...you've either been lyin' around a bit too lot or not enough...Sorry, couldn't help myself.As far sleep, it ranges from one person to the next, but you can survive on 5 hours of sleep if necessary (but don't plan to make great choices or have fast reflexes next day). This I know from personal experience.I have a professor who's "up there" in age who can survive on only an hour or two a night (she requires a strong cold medicine to knock herself out for additional hours). At the same time, there are also those who have narcolepsy and can fall asleep on asdj;lfka pioqewp......Oh sorry, for the typo...I guess I took a nap (no offense to people with narcolepsy or similar disorders).And as far as I am aware of, there's nothing in the Bible that states that we have to sleep a number of hours at night...the closest verse I can even think of that comes anywhere close to that (which really isn't) is something close to, "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God," John 3:19-21.

I always work until I get tired and go to sleep, I don't care if I will sleep for 4 hours or for 7 hours, I just usually can't go to bed if I am not sleepy or tired, sometimes if that happens, lets say I go to bed at 3:40 AM and need to wake up at 6:20 AM, after I get back from work, I usually walk my dog, eat something, do something and go to sleep for at least 2 hours and do something at home again :(But I best like to sleep for ~6 hours, go to bed at midnight, try to wake up at 6 AM and like that for all the weekday, and I compensate my sleeping at weekends and sleep for at least 10 hours :)Of course, after a hard day, as it was told in the topic, when you're tired you can go to bed and asleep very fast even at 9 PM :)From my expierence, it's very hard to wake me up when I'm sleeping, I don't want to do anything, if it's not important and continue to sleep. :D

Sleep is something which one love it when he has nothing else to do, on the other hand if some one is gonna feel sleepy when he or she has some important work to do, at that time they dont love that sleep. Rather they will start to curse, 'Oh.. No I am feeling sleepy' . Let me be practical, for a student who does not have anything to do the next day and if he feels sleepy happily he will go and hit his bed, on the other hand, if there is an exam the next day and the previous night if the student has a lots to study then obviously if he feels sleepy he wont be happy with it .Thus at times if you feel sleepy you will be happy and at times if you feel sleepy you will grumble over it :)