xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FruitRocks

Does Computinghost Allow Torrent Sites?

Does Xisto - Web Hosting allow torrent sites? I've built my own torrent site and wondered if I was allowed to use one of their plans to host it. If I'm not, am I allowed to by a domain using MyCents and then by offshore hosting from a different hosting provider? If I have to go with a different offshore hosting provider, is there any one that anybody would recomend?

No. Xisto - Web Hosting does not allow any of this. CH does notprovide offshore hosting either.

Torrent sites re illegal and warez, if you read the Xisto.com Readme file you'd know about this. Any attempts to upload illegal content would result in account termination or a suspension.

No. Xisto - Web Hosting does not allow any of this. CH does notprovide offshore hosting either.
Torrent sites re illegal and warez, if you read the Xisto.com Readme file you'd know about this. Any attempts to upload illegal content would result in account termination or a suspension.

However, you cannot host warez and other 'illegal' content on your webspace, you can give links, as it not illegal to do so, as it is not illegal for you to put movies on your site, IF it is embed and or it is hosting somewhere else but you are just embed in your site. So, you can't host .torrent files in your space (you can if its legal software and shareware) but you can give links to another host which has it. :)

However, you cannot host warez and other 'illegal' content on your webspace, you can give links, as it not illegal to do so, as it is not illegal for you to put movies on your site, IF it is embed and or it is hosting somewhere else but you are just embed in your site. So, you can't host .torrent files in your space (you can if its legal software and shareware) but you can give links to another host which has it. :)

I want some further confirmation on this. Because I am pretty sure your not allowed to link people to illegal wares either. I mean you have to factor this in because why would you be able to do that if you cannot even talk about Torrents on this website? So right now I think this is against the rules. But still Deadmad I want to know.

Web sites promoting, making available or otherwise contributing to software piracy, hacking, spamming, storage of large files or using account for file storage, storing MP3's of other large files in any electronic format, denial of service attacks and/or damage to commercial networks or servers will be removed from our servers without notice and illegal acts will be reported and prosecuted. Abusive behavior of any type will not be tolerated.

I think giving links to illegal torrents or wares is contributing or making available.

Notice from BuffaloHelp:
You can edit your post within 10 minutes. No need to double post

Please submit your question to Xisto - Support.com/billing for the exact answer.From what I have written, the illegal contents falls for all free web hosting--which is Xisto hosting.Xisto - Web Hosting are paid hosting service. Although Xisto is handled by Xisto - Web Hosting, all paid members are under slight modified TOS and AUP. And Xisto members are considered paid customers, Xisto members are still free web hosting customers due to the credit system. The purpose of myCENT and invoice are for billing purpose only.Anyway, paying customers (not with myCENT) in the past were allowed even adult materials (as long as these adult materials were not subject to copyright). But since the introduction of myCENT I am unsure how Xisto - Web Hosting deals with Xisto account with adult contents. And thus, to get a clear picture please contact the Xisto - Support.com/billing

torrents are good and bad.good torrent: project work, videos, autocad, legal data etc.bad torrent: windows7.iso, cracks, copyrighted stuff, pirated software etc.we have no issues with good torrents.

Jeez why can't you just say if you put links to Pirated stuff you will get banned, hosting terminated, or whatever. I am still waiting on an answer to this. I asked Xisto through there Ticket system and they gave me such a random answer that didn't help me at all. They said they do not support Torrent files. Like that helps me. I don't think the person that answered my question had any idea of what I was talking about. I really need an admin to give me a straight answer. Because yea sure maybe we are not allowed to have illegal wares hosted on OUR website, but what about links to them?

Jeez why can't you just say if you put links to Pirated stuff you will get banned, hosting terminated, or whatever. I am still waiting on an answer to this.

torrents are good and bad.good torrent: project work, videos, autocad, legal data etc.
bad torrent: windows7.iso, cracks, copyrighted stuff, pirated software etc.

we have no issues with good torrents.

Zagubadu

I believe OpaQue answered your question. What other clarification do you need? How about posting what you're going to host? For example, "can I post a torrent link of ......?" and we can tell you yes or no (if that's how you prefer to be answered).

No no no no no..... See I do not know if he is talking about actually hosting them on your webspace. See I want to know about links. Heres why I think that it even matter since I know that's coming up as your next reply if I don't. See if is hosted on their web space they are responsible for it. So they can get sewed or whatever. But with links its not really their responsibility. Like I said before I made a ticket about it. I'm waiting for further confirmation on this.

what do you not understand? it's pretty common sense and cut and dry. legal files are ok, illegal files are not ok. if you don't know the difference, then don't host the files. torrents are are not necessarily illegal. why would anyone get sued if you are hosting legal files or links to legal software? also, buffalohelp has already stated that trap members using mycents have different rules than paid members of Xisto - Web Hosting that do not use mycents but i would still think that hosting any illegal files(torrents) would still be against the terms of service for paid members that don't use mycents. now what is it about common sense that people are having a hard time following. we had two replies from both admins. any further questions about specifics should be written in a support ticket as was suggested by buffalohelp.

No no no no no..... See I do not know if he is talking about actually hosting them on your webspace. See I want to know about links. Heres why I think that it even matter since I know that's coming up as your next reply if I don't. See if is hosted on their web space they are responsible for it. So they can get sewed or whatever. But with links its not really their responsibility. Like I said before I made a ticket about it. I'm waiting for further confirmation on this.

What about google books, it has digitalized all books ever and yet they're not having problems. I guess that if you just put links it is ok..you must not host, or just declare that you're not responsible for links or copyrighted material in your website. I don't why there should be a problem with that.

if you don't know the difference, then don't host the files.

Oh but I do. See look at your wording and perhaps you can help me in finding an answer. "then don't HOST the files." See HOST, now putting links to illegal torrents is not HOSTING. I just want one of the Admin or whoever to say - Putting links to illegal wares is against the AUP your hosting will be terminated if you do so OR Links to files like that is okay as long as you do not host the files on your actual web space.

But since the introduction of myCENT I am unsure how Xisto - Web Hosting deals with Xisto account with adult contents. And thus, to get a clear picture please contact the Xisto - Support.com/billing

I am unsure if OpaQue has disregarded this or whatever. See I don't know where anyone stands here. I don't know what OpaQue does or anything. I have a slight idea of what you do Buffalo but is OpaQue part of Xisto - Web Hosting or what? If what you've said here stands as it is I'll just have to wait until I get someone to clarify on my Ticket. No when you say adult content I'm just assuming this also includes illegal torrents correct?
Edited by Zagubadu? (see edit history)

As much as you think its clear I don't. Until now. I wish OpaQue just said links to illegal stuff is against the rules.

Hello Justin,
Thank you for contacting Xisto - Web Hosting.com. I apologize for delay in response and inconvenience caused to you.

Our admin have answered your query in below URL :-

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/70737-does-Xisto - Web Hosting-allow-torrent-sites/

So please check and let us know, If you have any query. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Karan

Edited by Zagubadu? (see edit history)

you think there isn't a problem with what google did? think again. what about all the pending lawsuits against google for copyright infringement?

What about google books, it has digitalized all books ever and yet they're not having problems. I guess that if you just put links it is ok..you must not host, or just declare that you're not responsible for links or copyrighted material in your website. I don't why there should be a problem with that.

at first, all you were talking about was hosting a torrent site. now, after i brought up links, this is now an issue. putting links to illegal files is an accessory to illegal activity. dude. DONT! what has not been clear.....again, you seem terribly confused. take this to support as already recommended by an admin. i think opaque as CLEARLY stated, he doesn't want anything hosted that is remotely illegal including links to anything illegal. links are a part of your hosting. where they go is not. just don't do it.....or after being warned against it, heck....do it....let's play this out since you seem insistent and not really listening.

if you are so dedicated to your idea, why don't you host your own server. problem solved.

Oh but I do. See look at your wording and perhaps you can help me in finding an answer. "then don't HOST the files." See HOST, now putting links to illegal torrents is not HOSTING. I just want one of the Admin or whoever to say - Putting links to illegal wares is against the AUP your hosting will be terminated if you do so OR Links to files like that is okay as long as you do not host the files on your actual web space.

ould you post a link to something that was illegal? thought not. same thing. ok. i will just accept the fact that you are terribly confused and nothing is clear to you. i really do hope someone answers your question satisfactorily so we can drop this. have you even sent your question to Xisto - Support.com/billing for an exact answer yet? or are you ignoring what the admins have told you to do already?. why don't you do that, get your answer, and post it here so this topic can get closed???

As much as you think its clear I don't. Until now. I wish OpaQue just said links to illegal stuff is against the rules.