xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

Ventrilo Server Hosting your Own ( With Hosting? )

Ok when I see those Ventrilo servers that a bunch of websites are selling like typefrag they have it setup like this recoil.typefrag.com now I know you can host your own vent server locally on your computer with Vent Server but its crap and 10 max and it lags. I was wondering if you could host a vent server some how on a website because that's how I think they do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damn what is this the impossible question or something? I search all over the internet for hours. I cannot find it. I know you can but Typefrag and the other companies don't want me to know because they are money hungry meanies. Seriously how could I do this. I'm going to die.

Sometimes I think no one ever actually reads my posts. I'd try not to be an *bottom* about this but it has happened so many times. I believe upon reading my question again you may find that that's not what I am talking about. Though it is similar but its just not it.

Sometimes I think no one ever actually reads my posts. I'd try not to be an *bottom* about this but it has happened so many times. I believe upon reading my question again you may find that that's not what I am talking about. Though it is similar but its just not it.

I read it, I'm just stupid. :-p or an *bottom*.

Haha

But you can't host it on a wesbsite, but you can host it on a virtual server which you can buy from Xisto - Web Hosting, or pretty much any hosting company.

This is basically your own webserver, but it has an OS instead of a cpanel. What you would do is do the same steps in installing a ventrilo server but do it on the server.

Hope that helped.

That sounds like exactly what I needed. Thank you very much. I hope Xisto has this and I can afford it. Seriously thank you for returning to this and reading that again. I will reply back if it worked and then I want your answer approved. Also I want a feature to be able to give myCENTS. ( Because I'd give you like 3 dollars :) )

Ok so I found one but I mean 33$ a month is so steep. I know its basically free because of the myCENTS here at Trap but I don't have the time to be posting that much here. The Bandwith and stuff is so high and the space it gives is so much. I want even be using like 1/4 of it. What I'm looking at now is the Windows VPS. All I need is a server of some sort to run this other server program and others connect to it. Its a ventrillo server.

Vent HostingVentrilo ServerAlthough Ventrilo providers do cost money, they're totally worth it. I have a server through TypeFrag.Com and have used it for years. I love that I don't have to do anything for it to be online. It just is... My ISP started giving me problems when I was hosting the free, 5 person server on my home PC. Hosting your own Vent server also means that your PC needs to be on 24/7 in order for other people to connect. Like I said, with my server, it's always online... Well worth the $2.00 per month IMHO!