xisto Community
ssmorol

Another Newbie

Hi Everyone, my name is Steve...I made my way here via some google searchs that say Xisto is the best free web host! I hope to get some good info on the forums here and hopefully accumulate enough mycents to switch my website to here.I am a sports nut in general. I love all sports especially hockey and football. I run a nascar pool for friends that I keep track of on my website. I aam hoping to learn some good stuff about web design and stuff because my knowledge is limited.

Hello Steve. Xisto IS the best free webhost. You basically post on these forums and earn a virtual currency called myCENT. To start earning some myCENT, you need to sign up on Xisto billing with the SAME email address that you used to sign up for Xisto. After you have made five quality posts on this forum, your two accounts should link and you should see a myCENT thingy under your name. Be sure to read the rules and terms of the forum to avoid receiving any warnings or negative myCENT. Once you have gained 100 myCENT, $1 USD will be credited to your billing account where you can purchase hosting packages for your website. Xisto provides quality hosting with great uptime and customer service. Customer Service replies to your tickets very quickly too.Hope you enjoy it here at Xisto.

hello there ssmorol, and welcome to the Xisto Forum, where you can enjoy your time posting around and get the benefit of the best free web host you mentioned. i do hope you can find yourself enjoyable and do much posts, much enough to get your hosting for 999 years :D

Xisto here use an unique system called MyCENT system to get the free web hosting and nelson has stated some of the explanation above, so i'll just make it clearer on how to do it.

before you get started, make sure you have registered at https://support.xisto.com/, insert the same email which you use to register on this forum so your account here and there will be connected and synchronized. then, you'll have to make at least 5 posts before the system started, i see you only have 2 posts at the moment so you'll need 3 more. for example, you can start to make your post in the web design or website discussion sub forum.

after some hour of waiting, you'll see some numbers in bolded red below your member number. that is your myCENT, congratulations for you. :) the numbers of myCENT you have will depend on how long your post content and how much quality it has (or it seems so). on a quick example, having 10 posts with 10000 characters on it will give you more myCENT than having 10000 posts with less than 10 characters on it (which i think will make you banned before that even happened)

after you gain at least 100 myCENTs, an email will be sent to you, giving explanation that your credit system has been updated (you get REAL USD $1) in your web hosting account. now at this point i think you already have the basic knowledge to move on.

after you have at least USD $2, you may go to https://support.xisto.com/cart.php to see the hosting packages. the second linux plan, "Logic Plan" is $1.95 / month, you have enough money to buy this one. and it also has 1 GB space (can be upgraded to 25GB later) and 10 GB bandwidth (can also be upgraded to 1024GB/1TB). next you must choose to pay it via MyCENT (cool, isn't it?) and you'll have your free web hosting after they received and confirmed the order.

don't forget to read and follow the Forum rules and guidelines located in this link > http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ so you'll be fine. fail to do so can make negative myCENT on your account, your web hosting account suspended, warned, infracted or even banned from the forum.

good luck! :(

Hello Steve :D

I really hope you enjoy your stay here.

It's amazing to be online and to know what's happening all the time, (people post news and what's happening in the world it's awesome!)

Here at Xisto, you write in the forums and earn myCENTS, which is calculated into funds when you type a really nice post, and it'll get rated and properly assigned how much you collect from it. You should probably also make an account at Xisto, with your same e-mail address because if you don't, Xisto will not know where the money goes to, and then you will not receive anything, and you will be disappointed. It gives your the benefits to order with your myCENTS, so then you can register your domain, or anything else you want to register. I guarantee you will love posting here, and it will just become natural to you. If you're at work and need some time to spare, you could come online here and just post away, since this is a fun little hobby in my opinion, and well, anyone on here will agree.
You should also be active on this forum, active as in, at least come on once or twice a week, I try a lot, it's really hard sometimes when you're working and at school, but you should definitely! Also this place accepts you, it has the nicest community, and very smart and intelligent people. No one on here spams, or trolls, or are rude and ingrate, they are very nice and you learn a lot from them, I learn a whole ton.

So basically, while you earn, you also earn knowledge and myCENTS, which is a great deal, and I love it.
You should love it too, if you ever need something you can MSG me, I'm always around :)

Steve, I would say you have landed up at at the best place. Xisto is a place where you can learn things, Just not technically but on a whole you can get to learn many things. Here you have Mods who are generally kind, at times rude to correct you ( Spare the rod spoil the child is applicable ). The Admin over here is a cool person :D and this is not a flattery.One thing i really admired in Xisto for all these years of stay over here is that, they really respect every one here . It is not that you are a Newbie and you are ignored. Every one over here in Xisto is respected. The conduct of the forum is commendable. I have been in many other forums and all that i see is foul words round the corner. Here you neednt worry, the mods/ admin will take care of all those guys who express their emotions with foul words. More over i would personally tell you not to get disturbed if the mods/ admin warns you at times. You learn a lot out of those warnings. I would say i initially before 3 years thought i can never get a good grip over the form culture because i am not meant for that. But the warns i got thought me many leasons.So i wish that you will have a pleasant stay over here in Xisto . This is a place where you learn and make others learn. For example i get to know you are a Sport Geek and you love foot ball, so you can make others learn about that etc. and this will make you have a feel that you have shared something to others and that will make you really happy.On the other hand,just imagine you want to see some feature on Xisto , its so simple, all you need is to raise it. I am very sure that withing 24 hrs one of the mods/ admin will check out and the feature or anything which you have wished, if it is worth then you will see it here on Xisto within few days.Once again Welcome Steve !! have a rocking time over here with Xisto !! :)