xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akira550

Is Transfering Blogspot To Wordpress Is Fine? transfering blogspot to wordpress?

Hello everyone I just have some questions regarding SEO because lately I had a decision of transfering my blogspot postto wordpress. is it fine to transfer it? or it will cause or effect a seo problem for me? I am going to delete the sitemapand submit a new one so that.. that sitemap is the one that google will follow and index. wordpress is the best but blogger is simpleand easy to use and you don't have to worry about hackers but wordpress is still the best because there are a lot of plugins for it and you can do anything you want.. even adding a simple forum if you want.. so can you suggest me? will I be going to transfer all my post to wordpress? or Im going to create a new one for it? please suggest thank you so much. I really really badly need yoursuggestions guys..

you are using "passionateblogger.net" for your domain on blogger. what i would do is keep that account, create another domain, but this time, a .com, and host another blog on wordpress with your hosting here. i would obviously link both accounts and send your old visitors to your new site. since you deal with ebooks and other free stuff, use use one or two keywords in your new domain that relates to your site specificall....not "passionateblogger" which doesn't tell anyone ANYTHING about your site. you can then copy your content little by little to your new site, but at the same time, i would reword the content so the content is similar, but just worded differently and better with good keywords within the content related to your title blogs. after you copied everything and reworded everything, just keep adding new content to your new site. when your .net domain is about to expire, then you need to make a decision to keep it or let it go. if it's getting traffic, i would keep it and try to transform the blogger site in to something else gradually....different, but something similar to your new site. that way, the related content would give your external links a better pr value in the long run if you are able to be dedicated to two sites

also, change your signature. your signature is redundant and unnecessary. you use the word "free" twice. take out one of the "free" words. it will look more professional. whenever you are advertising your site, you want to create a professional image

also, if you don't feel like keeping two domains and your older one IS getting traffic, you might consider selling it. a domain getting a bare minimum of traffic can still be worth $100 or so...but the .com will always be worth more. i don't know why people decide to go with a .net address when people just have to do a little research and use some creativity for a .com

Hello everyone I just have some questions regarding SEO because lately I had a decision of transfering my blogspot postto wordpress. is it fine to transfer it? or it will cause or effect a seo problem for me? I am going to delete the sitemap
and submit a new one so that.. that sitemap is the one that google will follow and index. wordpress is the best but blogger is simple
and easy to use and you don't have to worry about hackers but wordpress is still the best because there are a lot of plugins for it and you can do anything you want.. even adding a simple forum if you want.. so can you suggest me? will I be going to transfer all my post to wordpress? or Im going to create a new one for it? please suggest thank you so much. I really really badly need your
suggestions guys..

you are using "passionateblogger.net" for your domain on blogger. what i would do is keep that account, create another domain, but this time, a .com, and host another blog on wordpress with your hosting here. i would obviously link both accounts and send your old visitors to your new site. since you deal with ebooks and other free stuff, use use one or two keywords in your new domain that relates to your site specificall....not "passionateblogger" which doesn't tell anyone ANYTHING about your site. you can then copy your content little by little to your new site, but at the same time, i would reword the content so the content is similar, but just worded differently and better with good keywords within the content related to your title blogs. after you copied everything and reworded everything, just keep adding new content to your new site. when your .net domain is about to expire, then you need to make a decision to keep it or let it go. if it's getting traffic, i would keep it and try to transform the blogger site in to something else gradually....different, but something similar to your new site. that way, the related content would give your external links a better pr value in the long run if you are able to be dedicated to two sites
also, change your signature. your signature is redundant and unnecessary. you use the word "free" twice. take out one of the "free" words. it will look more professional. whenever you are advertising your site, you want to create a professional image

also, if you don't feel like keeping two domains and your older one IS getting traffic, you might consider selling it. a domain getting a bare minimum of traffic can still be worth $100 or so...but the .com will always be worth more. i don't know why people decide to go with a .net address when people just have to do a little research and use some creativity for a .com

ok but my blog is not all about e-books, I am only giving free ebooks for the loyal readers but it's not about that. it is a personal blog if you will visit it before commenting, your answer is different from webmasters forum v7n you said keep it in blogspot and they said transfer it to wordpress for a better quality since it will not affect SEO if I will just follow the right instruction of importing the post and deleting the blogspot one so that it won't make duplicate and placing a 301 redirect in the blogspot header template to go to the new wordpress. but anyway thank you for some tips

oh snap! your right. when i went to your site, i just quickly checked it out and didn't read anything about it. i also read your signature which made me think your site was about ebooks haha. ok now i see that your signature will confuse readers. so yes, now i think transfering everything to another host would be beneficial. so would you have to just copy and past everything then? that's going to take a lot of time. and no, most likely, you wont lose any juice from the search engines or pr. what i would suggest though is keep your blogger up until you have transfered everything to publish so you don't have dead links. because if you do take your blogger down, then decide to switch and then start transfering stuff over, google might recognize the dead links and that WILL hurt your serps. also, you don't want users to find any dead links either. they might just unsubscribe or take you off their bookmarks. possibly even your pr would be affected if external links are pointing to certain posts that haven't even been published yet. there is also so much room for error in copying everything over in the right directories.

i am not familiar with blogger, are you going to be allowed to have the same theme, format, and ads where your site will look exactly like it does now?

i dunno, if you have the time, i would still suggest getting another domain name and start from scratch, keeping your other one and linking the two similar blogs.....that is unless you don't have too much content to transfer and is a new site. but i think having two blogs would actually HELP your rankings and pr if you are concerned with seo only.

so if it were me, i would have two blogs going and really concentrate on the newer one to get it up and running and continue publishing what you would normally publish on your new one. i have the time so that would be what i would do

i noticed you changed your sig. good job. now i might suggest either centering what your blog is about under your blog name, or centering the free ebooks and other stuff you are giving free when someone subscribes under your blog name, or BOTH.

anyway, good luck with everything....whatever you choose.

ok but my blog is not all about e-books, I am only giving free ebooks for the loyal readers but it's not about that. it is a personal blog if you will visit it before commenting, your answer is different from webmasters forum v7n you said keep it in blogspot and they said transfer it to wordpress for a better quality since it will not affect SEO if I will just follow the right instruction of importing the post and deleting the blogspot one so that it won't make duplicate and placing a 301 redirect in the blogspot header template to go to the new wordpress. but anyway thank you for some tips

Yeah my signature is just to attract visitors :)) and I think that's a rude idea but it helps in some forums

I got some visitors because of that. Anyway thank you for your professional advice :D) I am thinking are you a

SEO expert or what? ok back to the topic, hmm I am going to import it first in my localserver using wampp and then when all done I need to change the permalink of my wordpress to /%year%/%month%/%postname.html how's that? someone said me that I must make it like that so that there will be no missing pages error would itsy bitsy crawler bots will give to me.

Instead of rewriting them all again or copying paste :(

that's a lot of work to do.

I am not allowed to use the same them in the blogger if I am going to use it I must go convert it to Wordpress codes

like gathering the image files and adding some more scripts in it. and I don't know how to convert or rip because ripping is not my job :)

Yes Good suggestion I am going to get a new domain so that I would be running not only one blog but two so that

the earnings are double, I will be running just two for now because three blog is a lot of work to do so I must pursue the two first and up their page rank.

and thanks for noticing the english error in my signature, I did overwrite it and when I am writing it I thought I didn't write a FREE in the beginning and that's a big :D

oh snap! your right. when i went to your site, i just quickly checked it out and didn't read anything about it. i also read your signature which made me think your site was about ebooks haha. ok now i see that your signature will confuse readers. so yes, now i think transfering everything to another host would be beneficial. so would you have to just copy and past everything then? that's going to take a lot of time. and no, most likely, you wont lose any juice from the search engines or pr. what i would suggest though is keep your blogger up until you have transfered everything to publish so you don't have dead links. because if you do take your blogger down, then decide to switch and then start transfering stuff over, google might recognize the dead links and that WILL hurt your serps. also, you don't want users to find any dead links either. they might just unsubscribe or take you off their bookmarks. possibly even your pr would be affected if external links are pointing to certain posts that haven't even been published yet. there is also so much room for error in copying everything over in the right directories.

i am not familiar with blogger, are you going to be allowed to have the same theme, format, and ads where your site will look exactly like it does now?

i dunno, if you have the time, i would still suggest getting another domain name and start from scratch, keeping your other one and linking the two similar blogs.....that is unless you don't have too much content to transfer and is a new site. but i think having two blogs would actually HELP your rankings and pr if you are concerned with seo only.

so if it were me, i would have two blogs going and really concentrate on the newer one to get it up and running and continue publishing what you would normally publish on your new one. i have the time so that would be what i would do

i noticed you changed your sig. good job. now i might suggest either centering what your blog is about under your blog name, or centering the free ebooks and other stuff you are giving free when someone subscribes under your blog name, or BOTH.

anyway, good luck with everything....whatever you choose.