xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akira550

Is Religion A Big Block In Love? Is religion a big block in love?

Hello guys I want to share my problems here so that I am not the only one who keep this and not to have difficulties regarding this problem of mine of someone will read my story and suggest what I need to do.I do love a girl very much, She is a good and nice girl, we are best friends since young I know her familyand she knows my family too one time I just felt that I love this girl but I can't tell it because of lack of self confidenceand I am afraid to say that I love her because we are best friends and I don't want to break that relationship becauseI know what will happen if I say that I love her. One day I am in a tree sitting down and reading some booksit is about love and I learned there that if you love someone you must say it before you regret it and life is too short,So I think very carefully and decided to tell her what I feels about her.I invited her in a date and she agrees but she knew that it is only a friendly date then In a park where we are the only persons thereI don't know why? maybe peoples are busy. So I tell her what I feel, I tell her that I love her so much and She begun to ask so much questions, and I answered most of them but some aren't like "Why did you love me?" I answered but its not specific, because love has no reason and I can't think of any reason why do I. I only knew that someone in my heart is whispering me or telling me to love her.Then she suddenly walk away and left me mmm I don't know why..I texted her and she said that we can't be together because of we are not in the same religion because it was their rules and tradition, I am so mad not to God but in their religion because there is no testament or book saying that people with defferent religion can't love each other man! So I don't know what to do with it.. I really love that girl but you know I can feel that she also do love me :(yes because she is so sweet she still going to meet me in person even though I say that I love her. She cares for me all the time and I can feel it :) I don't know if its love maybe she is just trap in the rules of their religion.I said to her that she don't have the freedom and why won't she get her freedom and let herself control herself am I wrong?please help me what I am going to do? :) I love her infinite times more than my life but I can't do anything :D

So I don't know what to do with it.. I really love that girl but you know I can feel that she also do love me :)

Not wanting to be the one that crushes everything your feeling. But as far as I can tell if someone loves, truly.....TRULY loves someone they don't care what others think. Kind of like the story of Romeo and Juliet their families were enemies or something like that. So their love was forbidden but they did it anyways. See what I think and don't take what I say to heart because what do I know! I'm no relationship expert, but I think is that if she really loved you she would tell you and would be with you regardless of what her family thought.

Not wanting to be the one that crushes everything your feeling. But as far as I can tell if someone loves, truly.....TRULY loves someone they don't care what others think. Kind of like the story of Romeo and Juliet their families were enemies or something like that. So their love was forbidden but they did it anyways. See what I think and don't take what I say to heart because what do I know! I'm no relationship expert, but I think is that if she really loved you she would tell you and would be with you regardless of what her family thought.

one more thing my friend I've got a problem seeing her because of her mother :D when her mother know that I love her daughter she manage and tell to her and to me that we can't go see each other and also we can't love each other that's very awful for me because her mother who was the friend of my mother say that to me, :) even though I am not mad with them because they are just following the rules my point is what was that rule? there's nothing bad in loving someone right? so why must command her daughter to not to see me anymore.. well not like Romeo and Juliet we won't die I'll go fight for what I feel I don't want to suicide. I want to live with her

Same problems, dude. I too once have that feeling in love to someone in different religion. Though it is I who think that we should not be together because of that problem, since she is the kind of person who doesn't think too much about religous stuffs... But then again, the question is, are you ready for it? what i'm talking about is The differences. The differences of the way of thinking, the religious view (the heat of religious fights are not so far from the believes vs non believers) , the praying schedule, and your children religion? There are too much problem will occur when you're living together with someone who has different view and being stubborn at it. Something like tradition and religion aren't something that can be easily forgotten by just saying 'freedom' If you do really love her, i suggest you not to push her, and don't push your luck either :DYou can try to meet her parents and ask them about this rules and tradition stuff, then meet your parents and ask them about that too.But yeah, even if you managed to win the debates about the rules, think again. If she don't want it, don't push her for it. Indeed, there's no books or statements on the government that people can't be with someone who has different religions with him/her. But People in other hands are trying to prevent the problem it can cause. :)

Same problems, dude. I too once have that feeling in love to someone in different religion. Though it is I who think that we should not be together because of that problem, since she is the kind of person who doesn't think too much about religous stuffs...
But then again, the question is, are you ready for it? what i'm talking about is The differences. The differences of the way of thinking, the religious view (the heat of religious fights are not so far from the believes vs non believers) , the praying schedule, and your children religion? There are too much problem will occur when you're living together with someone who has different view and being stubborn at it. Something like tradition and religion aren't something that can be easily forgotten by just saying 'freedom'

If you do really love her, i suggest you not to push her, and don't push your luck either :)
You can try to meet her parents and ask them about this rules and tradition stuff, then meet your parents and ask them about that too.
But yeah, even if you managed to win the debates about the rules, think again. If she don't want it, don't push her for it.

Indeed, there's no books or statements on the government that people can't be with someone who has different religions with him/her. But People in other hands are trying to prevent the problem it can cause. :)

Yes I am ready for it, I am ready to transfer religion since her religion is all about christ also so we are at the same.
We are the same praising christ and about the differences, I can manage it because when you love a person differences don't matter :D poor, rich, ugly, pretty well that's not matter and not that important into me. well as you said that you are the one who let the one you love get away so what I am going to say to you my friend is you didn't give your best and you didn't fight for what you want.
I am not pushing her to love me, I don't care if she don't want me, its ok with me :D all important is I love her and I am loving someone :( there's no need in return all I want is to let me love her that's my point let me show how much I love her and what can I do. yeah that is bad about tradition, there's no tradition at all those tradition are just human made and human thinking which is not I believe! if tradition will block my way to love, its not fair... if someone thinks that tradition is a big block into love, why did God love all of us? even though all of us are in the different religion? even atheist... because I am an atheist in my past and I saw that God Loves me. as you said there is no books or statements saying that people with different religions can't love each other

Hello guys I want to share my problems here so that I am not the only one who keep this and not to have difficulties regarding this problem of mine of someone will read my story and suggest what I need to do.
I do love a girl very much, She is a good and nice girl, we are best friends since young I know her family
and she knows my family too one time I just felt that I love this girl but I can't tell it because of lack of self confidence
and I am afraid to say that I love her because we are best friends and I don't want to break that relationship because
I know what will happen if I say that I love her. One day I am in a tree sitting down and reading some books
it is about love and I learned there that if you love someone you must say it before you regret it and life is too short,
So I think very carefully and decided to tell her what I feels about her.

I invited her in a date and she agrees but she knew that it is only a friendly date then In a park where we are the only persons there
I don't know why? maybe peoples are busy. So I tell her what I feel, I tell her that I love her so much and She begun to ask so much questions, and I answered most of them but some aren't like "Why did you love me?" I answered but its not specific, because love has no reason and I can't think of any reason why do I. I only knew that someone in my heart is whispering me or telling me to love her.
Then she suddenly walk away and left me mmm I don't know why..

I texted her and she said that we can't be together because of we are not in the same religion because it was their rules and tradition,
I am so mad not to God but in their religion because there is no testament or book saying that people with defferent religion can't love each other man! So I don't know what to do with it.. I really love that girl but you know I can feel that she also do love me :(
yes because she is so sweet she still going to meet me in person even though I say that I love her. She cares for me all the time and I can feel it :) I don't know if its love maybe she is just trap in the rules of their religion.

I said to her that she don't have the freedom and why won't she get her freedom and let herself control herself am I wrong?
please help me what I am going to do? :) I love her infinite times more than my life but I can't do anything :D

yes i admit that religion is a big wall between a boy and a girl in love but it is not true for all the countries of the world.like a country USA ,it is not true but a country like india is never an expection in this very field.If you want a detailed description of the statement ,better you read the novel written by chetan bhagat TWO STATES.
"LOVE MARRIAGE IS SIMPLE AROUND THE WORLD
boy loves girl,girl loves boy and they get married but in india if is a it longer,love should be there in betweeen the families of the two laso then only the marriage is possible..
so,,,ur statement ios quiet true.

yes i admit that religion is a big wall between a boy and a girl in love but it is not true for all the countries of the world.like a country USA ,it is not true but a country like india is never an expection in this very field.If you want a detailed description of the statement ,better you read the novel written by chetan bhagat TWO STATES."LOVE MARRIAGE IS SIMPLE AROUND THE WORLD
boy loves girl,girl loves boy and they get married but in india if is a it longer,love should be there in betweeen the families of the two laso then only the marriage is possible..
so,,,ur statement ios quiet true.

not only in india :) but in all asian countries but some don't have the tradition Filipinos attitude of fix marrieds came from chinese
which is bad in my eyesight because you will love someone that you don't love and you will need to follow your parents instead of your heart like my problem maybe someday I can find a way so that this traditions will be break, maybe but it is hard to destroy
an ethnic traditions and will take long

Depends on what you mean. Yes, it is quite possible to love someone who is of another religion, there's no doubt about that. However, if we're talking about in a relationship, particularly a long term one, it can cause major problems depending on how far apart the two religions are. I personally don't think, for example, that a relationship between a devout Christian and an atheist can work. How can you stand to marry someone, spend the rest of your life with someone, and love someone so deeply, knowing that in the end you'll be in eternal paradise without them. And the atheist, of course, will have to sit through church, and be there for their spouse without infringing on their beliefs. It can be a major wedge between relationships. That's why I think that two people should be of the same religion (or lack thereof) or at least very close to the same religion. (E.g. Baptist and Evangelical, practically the same.) And a huge mistake to make is to expect to convert someone mid-relationship, which almost never works. :)

Depends on what you mean. Yes, it is quite possible to love someone who is of another religion, there's no doubt about that. However, if we're talking about in a relationship, particularly a long term one, it can cause major problems depending on how far apart the two religions are. I personally don't think, for example, that a relationship between a devout Christian and an atheist can work. How can you stand to marry someone, spend the rest of your life with someone, and love someone so deeply, knowing that in the end you'll be in eternal paradise without them. And the atheist, of course, will have to sit through church, and be there for their spouse without infringing on their beliefs. It can be a major wedge between relationships. That's why I think that two people should be of the same religion (or lack thereof) or at least very close to the same religion. (E.g. Baptist and Evangelical, practically the same.) And a huge mistake to make is to expect to convert someone mid-relationship, which almost never works. :(

hey I remembered an atheist who loved a girl and become a christian :) that was my granny and till now they are loving each other
no argues about God, because they don't want to be apart. What I mean is that they love each other no matter what till death do their part in my situation its much easy because the girl I love is also a christian but different religion we all know that there are many christians but different religion what I mean protestant and catholic, I am a catholic and she is a protestant and that makes our world
in trouble which is I hate, the bad rules.. ezekiel didn't said or mention something about don't love a person that have differences to youinstead God wants us to love our differences or enemies.

Anyway I would like to thank all of you who reply and commented in this topic thus its not that clear at least you give your best guys to help me in this kind of problem :D silly me, thank you so much I' know you guys will gonna help and comment here. I have decided and I want to fight not just to give her up

This is soooo much common in India man, with 100's of religions and languages and thousands of castes... its a big big time headache for lovers! Issues like this are responsible for suicides, homicides etc. Hardly 20% of the population will tolerate love marriages between different religions. In India, before the marriage, the families of boy n girl, both meet and know each other. Each will use all their strength to get all information about each other and then with a big festival the marriage happens. Unlike modern marriages where a few hundred people gather, In villages, a marriage calls atleast 5000-10,000 people and the ceremony lasts for a week. The family(usually the girls family) has to take care of all the guests throughout the marriage.If all the politics doesn't work, then the boy makes the bold decision of running away with the girl. love marriages do happen and somehow the lovebirds manage to make their sweet heaven in some corner of India, safe from the world (their own families). Eventually after 5-10 years, the families accept the relationship. The chances are higher if you have 2 kids. :)Dear akira, If you are financially stable on your own - then be prepared for the worst i.e. taking the chick and running away. With that in mind, just go ahead and tell her that you dont care of the world. Talk it out with the girls family. If that does not work, run away. They are your parents, they will accept you soon or later. As for changing the religion and stuff, keep that part later.. change the religion for yourself and not for others. Nor you or your chick needs to change religions man. Its insane. It simply throws water on all the acts you did out of faith to your religion.

what?!? you are going to change your religion and beliefs for someone else? that just doesn't make sense at all! and your granny? they both probably had an understanding or she just lied about it her whole life? that's wrong too.so far, it's been YOU who was open and YOU who said you loved her. not the other way around. my first question was going to be "where are you from" because that kinda matters too in beliefs and cultures. not to say it's right or wrong in any belief or culture. if you like it, stay. if you don't, leave. you're 17 though. how old is SHE?aside from this religious b.s., i will give you some good advice here. it has to do when you two were at the park. you don't hear anyone else telling you to love this girl. you're telling yourself and you FAILED to tell her why you loved her. if i was a girl, i woulda felt rejected or offended and think you weren't really deeply serious in your feelings. my advice to you is to write her a note on paper and give it to her. being put on the spot with questions and why you love her could be awkward. writing it, you have the ability to make the time to state your true feelings and why you feel a certain way. is it her looks? her laugh? her friendship? her loyalty? companionship? the way she thinks or maybe the way she makes YOU think? put it in a letter and be a little romantic without straying from being truthfull. if she makes you nervous, tell her. tell her why. if you feel you want to put her ahead of any belief you have, tell her how much she means to you.put some thought and time in this letter. speak from the heart. i know sometimes it's hard to find the words, but if she means that much to you, then i am sure you WILL find the words. she wants to hear something more than what you had to say at the park when you two are alone.for now though, you have no choice but to respect her parents decisions in how they want to raise their child. i wouldn't come inbetween families right now. not only would that be disrespectfull, but it will serve very little purpose in being persistant and annoying. work on the situation slowly. try to salvage your friendship AT LEAST so things aren't a complete loss by just stating you loved someone. that is not a crime and nobody should be punished in how they feel.i wouldn't be considering running away with her at this point. you both are still young and naive. you just told her you loved her. this is not a fairytale where the next step is to save her from her family and ride off in the sunset. it wont happen like that and futures need planning and goals. so i would keep it cool. offer respect to her family, but also try to find a way to write a letter and follow your heart.if she responds negatively after you have opened your heart in a letter, then you need to respect her beliefs as well as most people aren't readily able to give up ones strong beliefs or religion just for 1 person....like you. or maybe it's that you don't really hold a strong conviction in your beliefs where you are able to toss them aside.

what?!? you are going to change your religion and beliefs for someone else? that just doesn't make sense at all! and your granny? they both probably had an understanding or she just lied about it her whole life? that's wrong too.

huh? how did you know that my granny does lie to me? did you know him? first don't talk something bad about the person you didn't know that's a bad habit to judge people you don't know who. Yes.. I can change religion and come in her religion.. first they are also christian and the only different is that they don't have christmas, holy weeks and fiesta and that's the only differences and I can get rid of those manly needs. First.. I love her and the second religions won't save you.. remember that only God and yourself can save you..

so far, it's been YOU who was open and YOU who said you loved her. not the other way around. my first question was going to be "where are you from" because that kinda matters too in beliefs and cultures. not to say it's right or wrong in any belief or culture. if you like it, stay. if you don't, leave. you're 17 though. how old is SHE?

I am from asia's Latin City the pearl of the orient, why? she is also 17 like me, she's my classmate since elementary until now we are bestfriends you are right that if you like it, stay.. and I am going to do that thing. I want to stay and I don't want to leave her alone even if she doesn't love me back well it's ok at least we are friends and that is enough for me.

aside from this religious b.s., i will give you some good advice here. it has to do when you two were at the park. you don't hear anyone else telling you to love this girl. you're telling yourself and you FAILED to tell her why you loved her. if i was a girl, i woulda felt rejected or offended and think you weren't really deeply serious in your feelings. my advice to you is to write her a note on paper and give it to her. being put on the spot with questions and why you love her could be awkward. writing it, you have the ability to make the time to state your true feelings and why you feel a certain way. is it her looks? her laugh? her friendship? her loyalty? companionship? the way she thinks or maybe the way she makes YOU think? put it in a letter and be a little romantic without straying from being truthfull. if she makes you nervous, tell her. tell her why. if you feel you want to put her ahead of any belief you have, tell her how much she means to you.put some thought and time in this letter. speak from the heart. i know sometimes it's hard to find the words, but if she means that much to you, then i am sure you WILL find the words. she wants to hear something more than what you had to say at the park when you two are alone.

Do love have a reason? is love defineable? is there a real or certain definitions about love? Do I have to love her because she is beautiful? kind? sweet? In my own I didn't love her because she got those things, I love her because something... something inside me telling to love her and when she is not here beside me I always missed her. If I am going to love her good attitudes then what will happen if she show up her real attitude or suddenly change? and become a bad girl? did you get it? I don't want to love her attitudes or physical qualities, What I mean is I am going to love her no matter what happen, no matter what changes or metamorphosis would going to happen. yes friend I am so greatful for your advice and this is so good and I learned something from you, I am going to apply what you have been said to me. I am going to fill myself with courage and going to give and say more than what I have :)

well, normally, people know why they love and they know what they love about certain things and people. it's good that you accept the good with the bad with this person. what i am confused on is why you don't know why you love her. i mean, if that is the case and you don't really need a reason to love, you love everyone and everything equally? if not, what makes the things you love or hate unequal?

your girl wanted to know answers and you couldn't tell her why you love her because you don't need a reason. well. most women do :D they want to know why you love them and they want to hear the answers to those questions all the time. not just once. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i believe that so i do believe that love is undefinable as a whole since different people will see different things. but we still SEE don't we? you see....you love her for a REASON because you see her as she is. and what is that?

i mean come on....you don't love her because she's a murderer or a theif or worships the devil. would you follow her religion if she worshiped satan? would you love her the same if she wasn't your friend? everything about her is defined by you in what you see in her and what you want from her....something she has that she gives you that is GOOD because lets face it bud, if she was everything bad and hurtfull, you wouldn't feel the same way.

so yea, don't play games with me like you did her and try to focus on why you love her. "i don't know" or avoiding the question is never a good answer. no no no. there ARE reasons why you love her. appearance may not mean much to you, but your not going to love a dog the same way, are you? so appearance DOES mean something.

you also have to consider your friendship here too because after getting up the courage to tell her how you feel, may end the friendship and if you find out you two can't be together in the future and love eachother, then you might just wind up with nothing. BUT! i do admire your courage because you shouldn't live in regret and wonder who life coulda been when you didn't tell her how you feel and should have.

it leaves me troubled that she walked away from you at the park. iam really curious why she told her parents about your conversation. she also probably already knew about the religion difference and what her parents might think about it so telling the parents wouldn't have been a wise choice right now. something else is going on that i don't know....but yea, be truthfull and open, i just wouldn't push things too hard after that. the ball will be in HER court after knowing how you feel AND WHY.

also, i meant no disrespect towards your grandmother. i just know that going from athiest to christianity is just not possible. you don't just switch beliefs in a snap of a finger because you love someone. that's where the lie comes in and it's NOT the way to live a life making people believe in something that isn't true. sacrifice is good though in any relationship but you can never sacrifice your own belief, faith, or religion. your grandmother pretends to be christian but is really still an athiest. you said it. i didn't.

Do love have a reason? is love defineable? is there a real or certain definitions about love? Do I have to love her because she is beautiful? kind? sweet? In my own I didn't love her because she got those things, I love her because something... something inside me telling to love her and when she is not here beside me I always missed her. If I am going to love her good attitudes then what will happen if she show up her real attitude or suddenly change? and become a bad girl? did you get it? I don't want to love her attitudes or physical qualities, What I mean is I am going to love her no matter what happen, no matter what changes or metamorphosis would going to happen. yes friend I am so greatful for your advice and this is so good and I learned something from you, I am going to apply what you have been said to me. I am going to fill myself with courage and going to give and say more than what I have :)

my suggestion is to maybe come her religion? of course if your parents let u.

Hello guys I want to share my problems here so that I am not the only one who keep this and not to have difficulties regarding this problem of mine of someone will read my story and suggest what I need to do.

I do love a girl very much, She is a good and nice girl, we are best friends since young I know her family

and she knows my family too one time I just felt that I love this girl but I can't tell it because of lack of self confidence

and I am afraid to say that I love her because we are best friends and I don't want to break that relationship because

I know what will happen if I say that I love her. One day I am in a tree sitting down and reading some books

it is about love and I learned there that if you love someone you must say it before you regret it and life is too short,

So I think very carefully and decided to tell her what I feels about her.

I invited her in a date and she agrees but she knew that it is only a friendly date then In a park where we are the only persons there

I don't know why? maybe peoples are busy. So I tell her what I feel, I tell her that I love her so much and She begun to ask so much questions, and I answered most of them but some aren't like "Why did you love me?" I answered but its not specific, because love has no reason and I can't think of any reason why do I. I only knew that someone in my heart is whispering me or telling me to love her.

Then she suddenly walk away and left me mmm I don't know why..

I texted her and she said that we can't be together because of we are not in the same religion because it was their rules and tradition,

I am so mad not to God but in their religion because there is no testament or book saying that people with defferent religion can't love each other man! So I don't know what to do with it.. I really love that girl but you know I can feel that she also do love me :(

yes because she is so sweet she still going to meet me in person even though I say that I love her. She cares for me all the time and I can feel it :) I don't know if its love maybe she is just trap in the rules of their religion.

I said to her that she don't have the freedom and why won't she get her freedom and let herself control herself am I wrong?

please help me what I am going to do? :) I love her infinite times more than my life but I can't do anything :D