xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
akira550

Pointing Trap17(xisto Domain Name) To Blogspot Blogs a guide on how to point blogspot name into a custom domain name.

This is a simple tutorial that I myself have a problem with it also but now I found out how since maybe there will be newbies

coming from blogspot blogs and wanting to get domain names for their blogspot blogs so here is a simple guide for you but maybe

some of you guys know already how to do it.

First Earn more mycent for your domain name its $10.

Second wait for your domain to be activated and approve by xisto it will take some time depending of how

many orders they are processing ( you will get an email when its done)

Third So it is done now go to your blogspot and login click settings--->>Publishing.

Fourth in the publishing menu select custom domain name and click on advance settings there will be needint to enter the domain

name that you get into Xisto. NOTE: use http://www.yourdomain.com/ not yourdomain.com (naked).

Fifth login into your Xisto - Domains.com account if you can't login click the forgot password there and you will get your password reset in no time (because the first time I log in here I can't).

Sixth go to your domains and click manage on the tabs click the DNS service ( It is free now so nothing to worry about).

there should be a new window that will pop up and click on Cname Records and add a new one.

Seventh place in the first box ( I forgot the name sorry) www

Eight place in the value fields ghs.google.com and leave the TL in the default value don't touch that.

Ninth in order for your naked domain (w/o www) be redirected with the unnaked domain (with www) go add a new A record

in the host name put @ and in the destination put this IP 66.98.145.18 now click add record

Tenth in order for your .blogspot domain be redirected with your new domain click the domain forwarding just next to DNS service.

click the enable domain forwarding and manage domain forwarding and there will be a new pop up box that will appear.

Eleventh in the destination box put your .blogspot.com domain like blahblah.blogspot.com and click nothing but save.

Finally wait for 48 hours give time to DNS to be updated and this is called DNS propagation :D

Happy blogging hope this guide will help some newbies willing to point their domain they got in xisto in their blogspot blogs :)