xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rejected

My Site Was Hacked.. :(

Easlier today my site was hacked, and everything was deleted, and the index.html file had some very nasty vulgar pictures, and then it said it was hacked by crappy html and had a link to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Does anyone know any ways that I might not know to stop hackers?

You should check your logs to see if any one tryed to brute force into your site... also turn stuff on so you need a username and pass to log onto any part of your site....

How would I check if anyone brute forced their way into it? I just found out I had an anonoumous ftp, so I they could've gotten in that way.

Well they may have done it thew anonoumous ftp... but i think theres a little thing called raw logs and userlogs or something along them lines look in the logs and see who else was on as a adimin by looking at there ip and if it is not yours then look up the ip and call there isp....

Call there isp and get there internet takenaway or get laws on them and you could find there isp threw isp lookup on the internet or ip look up.....................

Get laws on them? Do you mean like sue them or fine them or something? What proof would I have of them hacking my site though?

Ok and that helps me how.... heh um have kept the orignial files there could of been some clues.............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I'd like to say that I am a regular at Omage Gateway and can state that without a shadow of a doubt, that activity is not condoned there. Second, did you have a message board? If so, did you use a source code called whiteFyre?

Why is it out there then? If it didn't have the exploits, would it be any good to use? How would they get my password and stuff from it though?

Man, alot of websites are being hacked that way. I think I have seen 3 so far. I remember phpbb.com was hacked that way. What I suggest you do is, post a message on your website that explains that you have been hacked and your rebuilding the site and it will be shut down till further notice, etc., etc. Then password protect your directories and limit all access to the site in anyway you can. Then slowly rebuild your site and bring it back up. A chance of a hacker even wanting to try and hack it again after that I think is pretty low. :D

Hello, I'm the co-owner/administrator of omegagateway.comEither someone is setting us up, or you are lying (not accusing, just stating that those are the only two possible scenarios here). Go through any records you have if you have any doubt, check referrer sites, etc. If you think we did anything after all that, feel free to contact me via the account you signed up at my site with and I'll assist you in any way possible. Any case, this was brought to my attention and I felt the need to make a statement. Sorry for what happened; in our site's beginning days we were hacked three times and we still prospered. Best of luck friend :D ~joeynova