xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mandla

3d Virtual World chat in 3d using avatars

I have a website and I would like to make a 3d chat which is a virtual world like what Lively from google had. I dont wanna create a whole world but just a nighclub scenario where you log in and you rez (appear) oursite the club. You walk in and its club setting inside the virtual building and you can hear music and dance or chat to other listeners usign txt. I know secondlife has a virtual world but that tooooooooo big. I just want a room for a virtual club. Is there software or a script thats free out there that anyone knows of which I can download and upload on my server. I want there to be realistic people and you can dress them as you like and change their appearance to what you want. I have been searching on google with no luck only saw a google version called lively and they disconinued it but their idea was you could create a room as they called it and give frend the link so if they logged they would be at the place you designed. I want somethign like this i anyone knows or has a link to a download of this nature or a site that allows me to do the room and link my wistiors to the virtual work, plaease let me know.Thanks

I have seen a lot of different ads that advertising this exact same thing. So I can assume that the program is out there somewhere. But I believe it will probably cost money. After trying to search for something like this ( Because a lot of these already exist ) I just get websites that say they have virtual chat rooms like this http://www.moove.com/. So finding this will be hard due to the fact of all the ones that exist. I'll post back soon after doing some looking around.

No, there is no such softwares because tbh there would be no point at all... there are programs which you can install on your computer to chat in a 3d world. my favorite is http://www.imvu.com/ it's not like second life where you roam in an endless world, but rather in a chat room sorta way with really great graphics!the only way to make one that you yourself can run on a website of your own would be making it on your own with java or flash, (java is what runescape uses) unless someone else finds something?...

As Zagubadu pointed out, there are many ads on almost every site depicting the same idea of '3d virtual chat room'. Such programs and websites exist, such as imvu , in which you sign up and create avatar(character) and make friends and chat in a room. Others include moove and meepe which basically have the same idea as imvu. I don't that you there is such a script, if there was , it would be a normal chat script. You can try to make it yourself if you know JavaScript or flash (which is very hard to do to make that chatroom) or hire a company to make that for you (which would cost you a fortune). But if you do somehow make such a script, and make it public, and have a popular chat room site, you can earn hundreds of thousands through ad money and sponsorship.

wow, i cant believe that the 3d world chat is not yet open source (in this case Im hopibt that i used the term open source corectly). I would have expected that 3 years since I found out about second life 3d world, there would at least be simple downloadable scripts to use for my website. I have minimal knowledge of Flash and I dont see how I can possibly create a 3d Chat room on my own. I wish there was a forum or tutorial for newbies to do this. Or maybe if all the good programmers on Trap 17 could work to gether and come up with something lol. that would be really brilliant but I doubt if its doable. I just hope I can get a tutorial that will help me out. Anyone who has a link please hook me up.I'd love to et this asap so I stop searching and worrying. I just hate it when you have an idea but can do nothing about it cause you dont have the know how or the resources. It becomes a nag in your brain - well thats been what happens in my case.

yes you need to purchase it and for a high price but there are nulled version but I warned you not to use nulled versionof a script because it contains some malicious script that can get your site info,mm maybe if all Xisto best programmers are that active today, maybe they can do that.. maybe..since Xisto developers are good :D anyway ever heard of gaia.com? it is not a 3D it is also a chat in a websitebut you are playing with 2D cute chibis :)

i came across a tutorial on a site outside of Xisto didnt know idf im allowed t mention site names here so just to be safe i will not mention any names. But basically in the tutorial i read of a free 3d design software. Its called UNITY 3D and aparently its being given for free on the official website and the compnay that makes it would normally charge shed loads for it. I have downloaded a copy but unfortunately for me it says i need a 4 dimension video card or something like that it said my VGA card is only 2d i dont know id d in 2d and 4d is the perfect illustation. I just rememeber it said something about my VGA card having only 2 and the program requires 4 so there i was stuck again.I guess If anyone can google UNity 3d ver 2.6 thats the free one and is able to design a 3 Night club Room it has to be quite big like a warehouse lol with cahairs spotted along the walls for patrol to relax and have drinks and a dance floor in the middle i would also need it to have an upstairs section (Dj Lounge) that would be lush. Just next to the stage should obviously be a Djs box and if possible a Bar somewhere. OUtside should be a street and the Club Name should be Elements. I know this is a huge ask but I know that one of you may have a bit of extra time on you hands and a better PC than my old tin can and be able to help me out. I will try and copy and paste the tutorial here if moderators allow this. Any of the Moderators please let me know if this would this be ok?

I have a website and I would like to make a 3d chat which is a virtual world like what Lively from google had. I dont wanna create a whole world but just a nighclub scenario where you log in and you rez (appear) oursite the club. You walk in and its club setting inside the virtual building and you can hear music and dance or chat to other listeners usign txt.
I know secondlife has a virtual world but that tooooooooo big. I just want a room for a virtual club. Is there software or a script thats free out there that anyone knows of which I can download and upload on my server. I want there to be realistic people and you can dress them as you like and change their appearance to what you want. I have been searching on google with no luck only saw a google version called lively and they disconinued it but their idea was you could create a room as they called it and give frend the link so if they logged they would be at the place you designed.

I want somethign like this i anyone knows or has a link to a download of this nature or a site that allows me to do the room and link my wistiors to the virtual work, plaease let me know.

Thanks

the link is http://secondlife.com/ don't know if thats what your looking for but close to it.

I think you are confused but I have no knowledge about this technology in the internet already. The 3d Virtual world you mean like the diablo game where you can interative with another players trought the internet or you want a webpage with the technology to put glasses and see everything in 3-d like in the theather. I think that the unique way that you can get the script to start this project is building it. Don?t ask me how because I have no idea about programation and all the others things that a programmers knows. So I recommend you that you look for some good PHP or ASP books to start learning about programation.But if you want I repeat this a plattform like the games that is named a 3-d world you can try to make a software and invite your visitors to download it and install it and create a game or a history, I don?t know, and make your own world.I have been playing the Pokerstars.net games and it?s awesome, maybe you can download it and install it only to test if this is the idea about a 3-d world that you have but if that is not your idea please forgive me but I can?t help you.

hey, guys thanks for all your advice. Just to clarify, I am not looking for a 3d Glasses type of chat. I am looking for a secondlife type of chat room. I want something where people can log in even if its just a 200 user limit that is still cool. Im not looking to start a new Secondlife but just my own little 3d virtual world. By Virtual I do not mean virtual reality as defined in the dictionary but I mean a 3d world in the computer. Basically I want something where people can log in and have an avatar (3d walking person on screen they control and they can chat by typing. But I want to it to be a room setting, preferably a night club setting or a bar setting. with places to sit and a dance floor. Maybe a little room on the side set aside for staff. I know this is doable but the problem is I have no clue where to start. It would be nice if I had software to create on line multi player games that way I would probably do it my self over some time but I was just hoping someone had already thought of this and some code was available for download on the net somewhere. My biggest hope was that someone at Xisto forums would know where i can download this script / scripts and customise them to what I want etc. I know with things like second life the world is massive and that would require shed loads of memory and security but thats not what I want I just want something simple but along the lines of second life or the now defunct lively from google. Though I must admit I never used lively I just read and heard about it. I have used Second-life though, but then the drawback with second life is that there is too much going on and i dont want my users to be able to stray too far from my Chat room maybe they can walk up and down the street but not further. and oh I would love to be able to stream music into the chat room once you are inside the building (that would be the nite club / bar lol).Anyone know if this is doable.

I take it the silence means no one has yet been able to achieve this. Whould a game programmer possibly be a better equiped person for this task?just tryna figure if a game world programmer would know how this is achievable becase they use a simmilar tech knowhow to build their on line game dont they. I mean looking at a dricing game i played before you could chat to people on line and navigate cars around the vitual world. Possible this would be a similar function just without the cars and guns and weapons

This is practically impossible to do in HTML. The ones that already exists are not done in HTML, but rather in other languages that support 3D better.If you must make it in HTML, your best bet would be either Flash (cartoon-like but it works), or using a Java framework and working with C++ (like Runescape).

You will need lots of graphics and plenty of programming to do. You wont be able to build it with simple html or even php. You need something more powerful than that, like Java. Object-orientated programme is a definite.

DOes anoyone know any tutorials I can use to put this together? I believe this would be an MMORPG but not really maybe the BEST would be MMOVW (Virtual World). Any assist is appreciated