xisto Community
munna.raghav

Can Username Be Changed?

HI everyone.When I joined this forum. I wasn't that sure that I would take it seriously. But now I like it. I know I was absent for about two months as I was busy in preparation college placements and didn't get time to renew my internet connections.Anyway my point is, now I really don't like my username. I have seen creative names of users in forums. I would really like to change my username and have a stylish name. Is there anyway I can do it. I have checked the control panel, it has no options for changing the username.So is there any way?

you can pm an admin with what you want. sometimes, they will help you out with that.

the other option is to pm to have your account deleted and then resubscribe under the user name you want. this might not be a bad option for you since you only have 27 or so posts and haven't collected a lot of mycents.

there is no option to change user names ourselves.

HI everyone.When I joined this forum. I wasn't that sure that I would take it seriously. But now I like it. I know I was absent for about two months as I was busy in preparation college placements and didn't get time to renew my internet connections.
Anyway my point is, now I really don't like my username. I have seen creative names of users in forums. I would really like to change my username and have a stylish name. Is there anyway I can do it. I have checked the control panel, it has no options for changing the username.

So is there any way?

Sending a PM to BuffaloHelp is the way to get your username changed. You can do that by clicking this link: http://forums.xisto.com/compose-new-mml&MID=6042
Please bear in mind that the admins are incredibly busy, and changing usernames isn't a task that generally features too high up on the list of vital tasks, so be patient as it might take a little while for Buffalo to get around to it.

Well, thanks guys for your suggestions. What I can make out from these is that changing the username is going to be tough. And I too think that admins are too busy to entertain my request. So I am thinking of doing what anwii said. I would delete this account and create a new one. So do I have to PM the admins to delete my account or should I leave it as it is ? Or there is any way I can delete it myself ?

Well, thanks guys for your suggestions. What I can make out from these is that changing the username is going to be tough. And I too think that admins are too busy to entertain my request.
So I am thinking of doing what anwii said. I would delete this account and create a new one. So do I have to PM the admins to delete my account or should I leave it as it is ? Or there is any way I can delete it myself ?

You should at least pm one and see if they might help you.

I am pretty sure you can delete it under the control panel. You don't need to delete it to make a new one though.

I may be busy but not too busy not to at least listen to a request.Whenever you are ready, please PM with your desired new forum name. I will be happy to change it for you.And I will try to be more active so that members' requests are answer in timely manner.Thank you. :)