xisto Community
web_designer

What Do You Think Of My Site? tell me what in your mind

hi, everyone
about a month ago i published my blog.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
it is a blog specified in web designing and web development and everything connected to that like tools,programs and ect...
i will be appreciating if you can visit my site and tell my what do you think? in colors, theme, subject, articles and design
it made it all from codes to design. so if anything i can add to it?
something doesn't look good or something maybe i missed just tell me
i want to know your positive and negative viewpoint. so bee free to tell me all you are thinking of and what is your first impression when you see it
thanks in advance.

I like the colour scheme, but I would change the fonts. For example, the word "search" next to the search box is very difficult to read. The Home, About and Archives links are also a bit tricky. The font used for the date next to each post is far too small, and also doesn't fit in - a slightly more decorative font, or a block sans-serif one would look better. The little apple thing for your RSS feed wasn't instantly obvious - I think I'd have got it straight away if it was the actual RSS feed standard logo though. Maybe it's just me and I'm just half blind :) I'd also have done something more interesting with the links in the sidebar to incorporate them into the site more, but how to do that is up to you. Other than those few little things it's a good design.

I like your design, It just looks abit to childish, Maybe it should be more modern.

Fonts:

For the search font I would personally use somthing much more modern or sightly older such as: Harabara or Alte Haas Grotesk.

The search font could use your logo font, Maybe a good mix :).

Also you could change your page title from:

<title>meinterest.trap17.com</title>

to

<title>Meinterest</title>

Little things such as that makes it alot better.

I like the style and overall color scheme of the website. Its not too bard but I think your missing consistency in the overall design. The headings etc should match for all content to make it easier for the eyes to track and give you a sense of the whole site being integrated as one. I'm assuming your using some type of blogging system with plug-ins for calenders and what ever so that would explain the consistency. I would go and try and match everything up personally in the style sheets. Just wondering when you decided to build design this site did you go through the process of story boarding? I'm just wondering how many out there actually do this.

very interesting ideas. in fact most of them i thought about it. specially what you say about fonts and menu in sidebar. i will try to do something about them. also a good idea about the date tab i see it now so small so i will change it too. the apple rss i was feeling it wouldn't fit but i tried other logos but couldn't find suitable one.now i will think of something else.about my site name i wanted to make m capital letter but i thought it may be hard to annoy to convert letters in address bar. so i canceled the idea.and deleting Xisto is impossible now because i am using a free hosting here. i will do that in the future.about the consistency in my blog. yes i feel now there is something missing in fonts. i will try to fix it. but i will still keeping my main idea of make a difference between the heading, menu bar and the whole content. by the way i didn't use plugin for calender. in fact my whole side bar i made it by code not widget. i use plugin just for pngfix for internet explorer bug. thank you all for your ideas and your opinions i found them very useful.

youve got very nice site and have atleast very nice and iformative posts for some reason it is not SEO friendly maybe you must do some optimization, optimize the title of the page also the title of the post, optimize althe the permalink and my suggestion is make it to like this /%category%/%postname%/ so more keywords for your site, you are using a wordpress blogplatform so you can use the All in One SEO plugin where you can edit your post titles and page titles so that it can be SEO friendly your articles are nice so you must do some optimizations so that your articles can be known globally, The Design is xD yeah I really love your template its cute most of all the header part the color combinations are also perfect. Like what I said you only need to optimize it.

youve got very nice site and have atleast very nice and iformative posts for some reason it is not SEO friendly maybe you must do some optimization, optimize the title of the page also the title of the post, optimize althe the permalink and my suggestion is make it to like this /%category%/%postname%/ so more keywords for your site, you are using a wordpress blogplatform so you can use the All in One SEO plugin where you can edit your post titles and page titles so that it can be SEO friendly your articles are nice so you must do some optimizations so that your articles can be known globally, The Design is xD yeah I really love your template its cute most of all the header part the color combinations are also perfect. Like what I said you only need to optimize it.

hi mra550 thank you for your great suggestin. it didn't pass in my mind. i will try to fix that. i saw your blog too and it is a great site. simple and so compatible. the background color very beautiful especially the its gradient from top to bottom i like that. i liked the most that image show in the beginning. it is so creative. i loved your articles too. i wish you good luck.

xD well thank you so much :( mm I am trying to post more articles because it is a new blog like yours :) its not yet popular and not yet readers and getting only 100+ UV in a day and a 200+ pv well thats a good start for me :) lets keep our blog up ok? :D

i really like your site in general. seem like a lot of thought and work was put in to it. it's not really that plain or ordinary looking. that's the theme itself. i would do away with the two search bars though and limit yourself to one and one only. looks tacky.also, i would have suggested getting your own domain and not using a subdomain. i would have waited to publish it when you could have afforded a top level domain. it would have been easier in the long run. i do suggest highly you go and get yourself a top level domain name when you have enough credits though.anway, i do like your theme. good job on it!

thank you mra550 and anwiii, you two and all the members here supported me a lot in your ideas , advices and opinions. i am really happy to join this forum. you are all so cooperative. about the top level domain i am trying now to get a one but i have two choices godaddy and form Xisto. so what do you think? i assume getting a domain from here is better because i really love posting here. i saw the offers on xisto. but i want more details so if anyone have a link that can helps me please forward it.about search bars anwiii. they don't have the same task. one for search in my contents or articles and the other for google.

I really liked your blog. You have got a good theme. In my opinion the only things that need some improvements are the - Search on the top right. The word "search" is written quite away from the box and the font too isn't that pleasing. And the second thing is the Menu and its background, I think it would look more attractive if you used some bold colors at least for the text if not for the background.Every thing else is just perfect. A very good job done and congratulations.

i know they perform different tasks but it really looks tacky. might i suggest having one search bar to perform both tasks? you can have one search bar to control google searches and site searches. it is usually directed by radio buttons that the user will select.

but if you were to make a choice to illiminate one, illiminate the google one. i know it makes money for searches, but people are going to be more used to doing their google searches within their toolbar or browser.

everything else actually looks nice to the eye and everything seems to have conformity....except the date, but i like that extra touch for some reason.

thank you mra550 and anwiii, you two and all the members here supported me a lot in your ideas , advices and opinions. i am really happy to join this forum. you are all so cooperative. about the top level domain i am trying now to get a one but i have two choices godaddy and form Xisto. so what do you think? i assume getting a domain from here is better because i really love posting here. i saw the offers on xisto. but i want more details so if anyone have a link that can helps me please forward it.
about search bars anwiii. they don't have the same task. one for search in my contents or articles and the other for google.

hi everyone, i invite you too see me blog
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

in a new look, not completely new look. but with your advices and thoughts i can say now that i am satisfied about my site 100%. you really inspired me. thank you a lot.

I really like it, you did a really good job editing your CSS layout9/10You need to get some ads in the blank spaces, for most people. the only reason to have a blog is to get revenue from the ads.