xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kleong

Apple "ipad" Revealed!

Ipad vs Nexus One  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes! I heard about that on a few RSS feeds that I have subscribed to. It is basically a 9'6" x 7'5" screen that works like a touch-screen laptop. It is really thin and light. The depth is about half an inch and it only weighs 1.5 pounds. The battery power can last for up to ten hours which is amazing. It is like a bigger iPod touch. Look at the video on CNN: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Why would people buy this? It costs less then a laptop and its much smaller for storage and accessibility. It is also a touch-screen laptop which will make people (like me) look forward to buying it.

Ah ha :) Thats hilarious! I can imagine what Apples goals were. Ok first we are going to make them as small as possible! One guy stands up what...if....we.... MADE IT BIGGER! Anyways it just looks like a bigger ipod touch to me. It probably does the same thing but is bigger.

I hear that it uses a similar OS to the iPod touch. Most people were probably expecting something upgraded from the iPod touch. Maybe it has time to unveil itself. Have you seen Steve Jobs? Gosh, he's as skinny as a rail. Look's like he's on deaths doorstop. I think a lot more people will be into the pad, because it's not too small like a little iPhone, but not too big and clunky like a full-sized desktop. I think Apple may have another win, because that thing looks COOL. I will definitely be heading to the Apple stores soon to check the Ipad out.

Apple's iPad (video)

Not sure if QA let this one slip on purpose... but really, they had mocked the name years before and now they're actually naming it the iPad?

Bigger iPod Touch... whoop-dee-doo.

When Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone, he promoted it as an all-in-one communications device for music, telecommunications, Web, and computing, and not just a phone that includes these other features. Given that the features of the iPad are similar to the iPhone's, Apple clearly intends for this device to be used in a variety of areas to offer an all-in-one package for connectivity, computing, gaming, and any other task you might think of.

Yeah... I'll get right on that with its super-fast 1GHz CPU. What's the graphical potential on this thing? Gaming is going to be limited... kind of like how we compare the gaming potential of the Wii to the more powerful 360 and PS3. I guess those accelerometers will make it more fun though... I'll get to play my favorite iPod Touch games in full 1024x768 resolution (if I dock it...)!

I do like the connectivity though... 3G capable of wireless anywhere, and unlocked to boot. I guess Steve Jobs learned from the massive failure that was the locked iPhone tethered to AT&T's yet-to-recover network... good to know that he's actually paying attention to consumers.

The price point isn't too bad, either. You can spend $200 more from an iPod Touch 8GB 3G and snag this gadget... but in retrospect, you can spend $150 more than the iPad to actually get a functional computer that runs the latest games. (Talking about my laptop, of course.) :) Or you can spend less and be able to do all of what the iPad can do, albeit in a less "phat" package of a netbook or a mainstream laptop.

Another thing I like about it is that you can watch up to "720p" movies (but it's limited to 640x480?!) with stereo sound. Problem is that I'm thinking this will be another gadget with potential... limited by iTunes. It, like the iPod Touch, only supports Apple's painful-to-work-with MOV files, but it does work with MP4. More container support (like the ubiquitous AVI and the superior MKV) would be nice, but we don't care about making this thing as useful as it can be, right? :D

It's not bad, but it's nothing revolutionary. Apple was just slow on the ball... for good reason, to learn how the public responded to the Kindle, the Nook, netbooks, slate tablets, smartbooks, and the successes of the iPod Touch and the iPhone. Now everyone gets to spend the Apple tax to receive homage in the form of an iPad... or should we call it the iPod Touch XL?

Well what can I say I think this is apples worst piece of Technology from this date, To sum it up its a Big iPhone. I will not being buying this as I do very much think it is a waste of money when you can save up another ?200 and get a laptop/tablet in one.

well I choose Ipad xD yeah because I like that one and that released of apple is so awesome with a lot of features in it and the sad thing about this ipad is I can't have it aha yeah that's the worst thing, I want it but I can't have it :) still no moneybecause I am poor to buy that tech

Screw the Ipad. Apple products are also a fad. Everyone always wants the latest product, and will spend hundreds or thousands, even if it sucks, just to say they have one.I don't see the point in needing one of these.

Calling ipad a bigger iphone is blanket generalization without even trying the product. Besides ipad is capable of multitasking just like any other apple notebooks or desktop. Iphone can't do the multi-tasking so i hope people understand the difference. If your needs are of gaming then i see no point why apple is mocked here. Where there is need there that stuff gets sold. Maybe we can't afford it and don't want to buy something from our comfort zone doesn't mean that product is bad. What if Microsoft surface comes up with similar size model and price,i'm sure people will go on and on for the product. While apple products are expensive and for 16GB ipad seems to be costly for both 3G and Non-3G product. I'll prefer getting apple air or apple notebook 15 inches.

Yes, the Ipad I don't know what the apple is trying to do with this. Is it designed to be a laptop, notebook or a netbook. I think the most appropriate would be netbook as it hasn't got laptop capabilities. I think this is just a bigger iphone or you can even say a bigger ipod. Its price is lesser than laptops but its features are too like its memory, its graphics properties. The only plus point I get to see is the touch screen, yes we don't see laptops with touch screens. That was my opinion, but I know there are many Apple fans who might find it pleasing, but as I said its no way near being a laptop and its just a bigger iphone.

This is surely going to be a disaster for apple - I feel they should have done more research into the market and then added/removed a few features to appeal to the public. This product is definitely going to impress only the apple fans and not the others. They could get a basic netbook for that price (or maybe less than that) and get a lot more features. So I think this time, apple has made a very hasty decision :)

Not reading the rest of this thread...but just my thoughts...Steve Jobs says the iPad is better than a netbook? Bull! It's an oversized iPod! It can't even multitask, your limited to what's in the app store, you can't install Linux on it! WTF!!!??? Oh, and the Maxi Pad jokes will never get old now!