xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mra550

Xisto Domain In Blogger Blog? can I point my blogger blog to xisto domain name?

Hello everyone good day :) Hope this is the section for my thread ok Ill not make it long or complicated so that otherscan understand my query very easy,I want to point my blogger.com blog to a xisto domain name that I purchase I mean removing the .blogspot.comand make it a .com domain and the .com domain is purchased in xisto using my mycent my question is, Is there a way thatI can point my blogger to the domain name I purchased at xisto? because blogger says that I must create a cname record but I can't see the Cname record option in Xisto - Support billing, all I can see is nameservers. please tell me if there is a way and thank you Godbless.

go to Xisto - Domains.com. then find your domain to edit your cname. you also may have to edit your A name records. both are under dns settings.

after you do this, then you are ready to log in to blogger and switch to your custom domain. GL!

Hello everyone good day :) Hope this is the section for my thread ok Ill not make it long or complicated so that otherscan understand my query very easy,

I want to point my blogger.com blog to a xisto domain name that I purchase I mean removing the .blogspot.com
and make it a .com domain and the .com domain is purchased in xisto using my mycent my question is, Is there a way that
I can point my blogger to the domain name I purchased at xisto? because blogger says that I must create a cname record but I can't see the Cname record option in Xisto - Support billing, all I can see is nameservers. please tell me if there is a way and thank you Godbless.

Well, contact Xisto - Support.com/biling and request domain name CNAME record changes.Since blogspot.com is not your true hosting, you cannot "bind" your domain to your leased space, i.e. subdomain.blogspot.com. You'll need your domain to do so but unless you purchase DNS from Xisto you cannot change CNAME or any other records at will. You'll either purchase DNS control or request via support ticket.

Yeah, it's the other way round. You don't point your blogger blog to your xisto domain, but your xisto domain TO your blog. Because you cannot move your hosting there, but the blogger blog allows you to have a custom domain name though, as long as you have one. You will have to buy one off xisto first, and then change the DNS, I think, or the CNAME (you can do that through xisto), and you can then access your blogger account through you new .com domain.Enjoy!Just realised... Not DNS. Should be Cname, as dns does not exist in your hosting. :) Cheers.

Dear All,DNS is a free service now. Simply go to your control panel and click MANAGE DNS :-) (at Xisto - Domains)

Dear All,
DNS is a free service now. Simply go to your control panel and click MANAGE DNS :-) (at Xisto - Domains)

Another freebie... thanks Opaque. (again)

it is done now first thanks to opaque for notifying me about the free DNS service :Dmy domain is now pointing to my blogger blog, I setup my cname records already :)the problem now is what is the IP of the forwarding service? because I'll add an A Record and redirect mynaked domain to my www domain