xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rayzoredge

Media Player Classic - Home Cinema Experiencing Choppy Audio

Problem: MPC-HC plays video just fine, but every 10ish minutes or so, the audio track for any movie begins to chop/stutter like crazy until I stop playback, then resume it, in which the video plays and the audio is silent for a few seconds until it "catches up" with the timeline and plays normally.Set up: I have an Intel dual core 2.13GHz processor with 4GB of DDR2 RAM. I have MPC-HC installed with the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack. I've also installed CoreAVC 2.0 Pro with CUDA support, thinking that it was a CPU-intensive problem. (CoreAVC utilizes CUDA technology to put some of the video processing load onto the GPU instead of letting the CPU suffer on its lonesome.) I usually play movies encoded with H.264, XviD, and DivX for video and that have AC3 or DTS sound tracks, and they are in AVI, MKV, or MP4 containers. I thought that this was because my machine wasn't fully capable of playing HD movies, but the chopping also occurred during a standard definition movie (700ish x 300ish XviD/DivX, MP3) last night. I set up MPC-HC by blocking both ffdshow audio and video and preferring CoreAVC and AC3filter (3/2+SW with SPDIF on and DTS + MPEG + AC3 passthrough). I watch these movies by connecting them to my HDTV via HDMI cable for video and sound output goes through my SoundBlaster Live! 24-bit External USB sound processor (out of its optical output port) directly into the receiver for surround sound. I am running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.Any ideas? CPU usage is occasionally high when I play HD content, but it's never maxed out at 100%. Playback is perfectly fine until it chops, and audio playback from a pause or stop or just starting the movie up results in a few seconds of silence before it plays normally again. Is it my settings with MPC-HC? Is it my settings with AC3Filter?

Try other programs such as Zoom Player, or KM Player, and see how those work.I know KM player to be very hard on the processor from past experience, but it is worth a try.