xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unwanted_flower

New Car What Type car would be Best

:( Thinking about purchasing a new vehicle ,not quiet sure what though .i want a small car or small truck .i just do not know what kind of vehicle i should get ? :D i drive a lot in my life so place a lot of miles on a vehicle.i got approved for new vehicle ,although as i searched for couple days ,i still can not figure out what i should get ,do not wish purchase something that ,takes me long time to pay off and will not hold up over the years . I like the Toyota venza ,although my boyfriend says it looks like a granny vehicle . So I kind of had my eyes upon a ford edge too ,didn't tell boyfriend ,felt he may dislike that too .Or the Chevrolet Malibu although boyfriend suggested a jeep wrangler ,sorry that just didn't seem like something I would drive . I don't have preference of kind of vehicle just as long its stands up and gets good gas mileage . So any suggestions here ,would be greatly appreciated excited in hearing your suggestions . :) it would be my first new car ,and want to make a wise lasting decision ,that i can be proud of and know it will get me where i need be going in years to come .

Hyundais get awesome gas mileage, have incredible warranty's and are a lot cheaper than most. Plus they are all redesigned and so they look great. Nissans are awesomely well built fun to drive and good on gas. That being said I'd go with the solstice, just because it is cool as hell or the cobalt SS its fun to drive, plenty of power good gas mileage and its sexy.But instead of the Solstice, i'd so go for a BMW or a Porsche.. You should also do some research.. read Consumers Report Car Buying issue, excellent info on new and used cars (if you might want used)If you are going for a used car, subscribe to Carfax, there u get info on where the car came from, if ever in a reported collision, mileage, how many owners.etc. Cost is reasonable for 30 days of unlimited usage, all u need is the vin number of the vehicle you are interested in. A new car is your decision in taste and preference, but Consumers Report test drives all vehicles and u get their data. They also have the frequency of repairs and problems with used cars. Good luck shopping.

well a new car? I want to have a sports car like a viper xD or a red cherry ferrari well I am not that Good and don't have muchknowledge in terms of cars :) but I like those cool cars

First and foremost, what is your intention of getting a car? To travel from point A to point B? To help with some shopping of grocies and big bulky items? Do you expect yourself to be travelling mostly in city or highway? You would like to provide more information so that the appropriate car can be recommended.

I have a Pontiac G6.Now I know they stopped production on them, but that shouldn't make you run away, you actually might want to consider it.It has a sporty look, gets descent mileage, and has everything you need in terms of power and specs. You mention the Malibu and that is pretty much the G6's "sister" car. I love this car. It has great power, good visual appeal, and didn't cost me an arm and a leg to buy one. If you can get a good deal on one, it is the best price for product you can find hands down!I also looked at Cobalts. Now unless you get a more equipped model, you really aren't getting a whole lot in terms of price for product. Sure they are sporty, but they really aren't cheap, especially for what you get.I also looked at the Eclipse. Now that is one sporty car! If you got that one, people would definitely look over their shouldiers time and time again. The only problem is the interior room. Unless you, your family, and your friends, are all very short, you will not feel comfortable in this car. The seats are uncomfortable and the blind spots are everywhere. I would hate to back this car out of a driveway onto a busy road, you simply can't see very much.I also looked at the Hyundae Tiburon. Very sporty, very comfortable up front (not in the rear), and tha handling on this car is great, but it is a bit heavy for its size. An overall descent car that I seriously thought about purchasing.So there is my advice. Look for a car that is best for you. Above all else, test drive a lot of them! When you test drive the right one, you'll know it. I went to countless dealerships and test drove a handful of different cars until I found the car that was right for me. Do the same and you will find the right car for you!

you should get a Nissan Sentra :(They give 32 miles per gallon on highwayand 30 miles per gallon on roadThis is the car i currently use and it is the BEST on gas. Also its not that bad looking :DBesides of the car being very economical. The inside is very unique and different since the shift is built on the bottom of the dashboard.Overall now a days people should be buying economical cars due to the rising prices of gasoline. If you have a lot of money to throw around then its up to you rather to save or waste money just for looks.going green is always the best :)

Here are some of my findings on chevorlet beat based on the test drive I have taken few days ago. When it comes to cars, for my latest car purchase i started my option by latest launch of GM ie. chevorlet beat ,which is meant to be a game changer for the GM india. Chevorlet india which is at the verge of loosing grounds compared to biggies such as maruti, hyundai, tata find an freash breath of life.On the first look of the car the thing come to mind is wow, no wonder the best car available in terms of looks, but what matter the most is the performance. Step into the car the first thing noticeable is unique dashboard ,bike shaped instrument console along with spacious front seats. Turn on keys the car starts with no noise, but after that nothing good to write about. The impresive 1.2 lt engine which boast to deliver 80.5ps of power is feeling like driving maruti 800 to me. The car lacks the initial pick up, and even after my major effort the car dies to achieve the speed of 80kmph, I can remember how I put my all body weight to the accelarator. The high torque factor nowhere to be seen. Even after driving more than 3km the AC feels just as air fan, simply it canot give respite to passengers in hot indian summers.I took the test drive and the sales person has no clue about the car, the hospitality is worst to the limits, and after the poor performance of the car the salesperson is quick to say that the car needs service.Although the car is been aggresively priced, the poor reputation of GM will resist the buyers, not to mention the waitings on the car. The build quality is good, rear of car can be done more better, low on boot space, front honey comb grill is good addition. The major consideration for buyers is lack of service centers and high spares cost.To conclude, I feel the beat scores high on looks but gradually falls in performance department. So i must advice all who are looking for beat must do extensive research along with a test drive and rate your self. There is no harm in taking a test drive yourself and feeling the car for yourself.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

I think you should think about how much you travel and about the roads on which you will travel. This way, you will be able to find the perfect car. Also, why don't you discuss this with your boyfriend, then you will both be happy in the end.

Hi!The Toyota Venza looks just as sleek as the Nissan Murano from the images that Google displays. I haven't seen one yet, only pictures of it. Depending on what you mean by a small car, you can look at the Volkwagen Golf, the Volkswagen Beetle, and the Mini Cooper. If a sedan is something you are looking for, the Nissan Altima and the Toyota Camry are easy on the pocket. When you get a choice of engines on the Altima and the Camry, pick the larger engines if you plan to drive often on the highway.If you do want an SUV, the Range Rovers are pretty tough and have that executive look while Mitsubishi's Pajero has a young look. Toyota's LandCruiser can get you over steep hills and offroad terrain, just as a Range Rover or a Mitsubishi Pajero can. All three SUVs will hold up to just about anything you can throw at them, and will keep you in their protected steel cages should any road mishaps occur.The Jeep Wrangler isn't really something you would want to drive everyday, but it's great to take out to offroad conditions, such as in the desert. You might as well rent one when you need it rather than buy one to drive everyday. The Ford Edge isn't a car for mass appeal so not everybody would like it. Those who do like it feel it is an expression of their individuality.