xisto Community
Nameless_

I Need Help On Drupal Settings An Rss Stuff Specifically, Drupal POST settings and rss looks and feeburner.

Hi people:Let me cut the introduction short, as I am sick of it now. :D Whenever I post on my blog, I always have to manually change the post settings, because I want the first post to be on unlimited (no teaser), and all my other posts to be limited and be in a teaser view. That is why whenever I post on my blog, I have to go back to the previous post and edit the post settings, and then go back to the first post if the settings are set on limited, to change it back to UNlimited.Do you really understand what I mean?You can look at my blog in my signature for more information if you don't understand.What I am looking for, however, is a module or a script thing or something that will automatically change the post settings of my blog, without me having to do anything. So whenever I write something, I... well, it will automatically make the newest post with NO teaser, and the previous post that was unlimitedly long into 800 words limited.For those of you who use drupal, you would know what I am talking about.Also...I have a thing on RSS. It seems like my rss feeds are based on how my blog looks, so the first post is always unlimitedly long. However.... I dont want that.While I want the first post on my blog unlimitedly long, I don't want it to be the same in the RSS feeds, and I wan everything to be in teasers.How can I change that? So that it will actually work? because people checking their rss feeds will not be happy to find me big and long post thing spamming their whole entire page. And I'm not happy as well.Also...More on Rss feedsSo. I want to see how many readers are reading my blog. I see that people have the feedburner thing. Well... I don't know what is that, but I would like to see if people are using that, or actually reading what i have to share. I also don' t like to logo thing. BUT. 1. How do I get the feed burner thing on my blog? Do I have to subcribe or something like that?2. Are there any other BETTER ways to show the number of readers for this blog? Like a php script or something that will automatically update? So that I don't have the stand out orange button that doesn't even fit my blog but just normal text that isn't normal text but it fits perfectly snug into my blog and actually LOOKS like it belongs there?Cheers!!!I think that is all for now. :) I think.But I may add more later.Stupid edit thing!!! Now I really really hate it.But anyway.Grr. Argh!

Let me cut the introduction short, as I am sick of it now. :) Whenever I post on my blog, I always have to manually change the post settings, because I want the first post to be on unlimited (no teaser), and all my other posts to be limited and be in a teaser view. That is why whenever I post on my blog, I have to go back to the previous post and edit the post settings, and then go back to the first post if the settings are set on limited, to change it back to UNlimited.

I've looked around and can't find a module or anything to perform what you want. Using Views and possibly CCK you would be able to produce a page that did exactly what you want, then set that page as your site's default page. You would also most likely be able to do it directly in the code. I can't remember exactly how to go about it, but I can take a look at Drupal's code and see what needs to be done (most likely one extra template file to be added) to get it to work as you want.

I have a thing on RSS. It seems like my rss feeds are based on how my blog looks, so the first post is always unlimitedly long. However.... I dont want that.While I want the first post on my blog unlimitedly long, I don't want it to be the same in the RSS feeds, and I wan everything to be in teasers.
How can I change that? So that it will actually work? because people checking their rss feeds will not be happy to find me big and long post thing spamming their whole entire page. And I'm not happy as well.

If you're changing the first post so that it doesn't have a teaser then the RSS feed will obviously display the whole thing. Changing the template as I described above should allow you to leave each post with a teaser and therefore your RSS feed would work as you want, while the template would force the first post to display in full on the actual website.

So. I want to see how many readers are reading my blog. I see that people have the feedburner thing. Well... I don't know what is that, but I would like to see if people are using that, or actually reading what i have to share. I also don' t like to logo thing. BUT.
1. How do I get the feed burner thing on my blog?
Do I have to subcribe or something like that?

2. Are there any other BETTER ways to show the number of readers for this blog? Like a php script or something that will automatically update? So that I don't have the stand out orange button that doesn't even fit my blog but just normal text that isn't normal text but it fits perfectly snug into my blog and actually LOOKS like it belongs there?

You need to sign up to Feedburner and give them the link to your actual RSS feed. They'll give you a link to put on your site for your visitors to use that will show them your RSS feed while also giving you statistics. If you're going to use Feedburner then you don't have much choice over the images you use - you're stuck with whatever Feedburner give you if you want the ones with the number of readers on them.

On a side note, the orange button is a de facto standard to represent RSS feeds, used in Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer as well as most websites with RSS feeds. If you use an image other than the standard one you risk losing RSS readership as people can't find the button!