xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wonderfullygifted

I Want To Better My English?

But like, I want to learn like bigger words, and how to properly form sentences.I think somewhere on the net, it'll help you or have some kind of odd dictionary that'll guide you.I read a lot, but I'd need to like communicate with the words, and i'd need to absorb it in my head.Any help here?

Some of the resources you have are like BBC english and eslgo.com website. BBC english is just for the improving the language and not for the beginners. eslgo.com site is for the language beginners as well as for those who wants to improve the english. So start with sites like eslgo.com and join forums which are into dictionary, liguistic niche. That way you can increase some vocabulary and will improve. For me,i always try to read a lot and go back to grammar to see where i need to improve.

Your English is very well for it not being your first language, just wanted to point that out.I took German and failed it :)I am sure if you Google "ways to learn English online", you could find some helpful websites.

Some of the resources you have are like BBC english and eslgo.com website. BBC english is just for the improving the language and not for the beginners. eslgo.com site is for the language beginners as well as for those who wants to improve the english. So start with sites like eslgo.com and join forums which are into dictionary, liguistic niche. That way you can increase some vocabulary and will improve. For me,i always try to read a lot and go back to grammar to see where i need to improve.

Yes I agree this is one of the best ways but have much free time and profit is very little hard to learn vocational English

writing, using it, reading and more :D those are the techniques in learning and improving your english communication skills,don't worry if you do failed in grammar or took the correct term for it because one must learn from his/her own mistake.There are also English tutorial websites that makes learning english fun :) its the latest now a days, playing with learning

There's a thing known as a thesaurus that is supposed to make it easy to learn new words that practically mean the same thing. Mastering grammar is another story. There are so many rules and exceptions that it will take you a long time to just learn and remember them all. Then, of course, the process of learning new words involves knowing how to pronounce them. While dictionaries show how to pronounce them, if you don't know how the punctuations affect the sound of the letters, then seeing how to pronounce it becomes useless.

Yeah, it's just when I don't use big words.. it makes me sound so simple minded.And English is my first language, sorry I wasn't exactly sober while typing this up.. so I don't make sense very often.But, I just want to sound more sophisticated, I know I could use a thesaurus.. but sometimes I can't even think of like how to structure the sentence. And I really want to use words that no one uses, and just sound much more smarter than everyone else, cause I usually judge people in how well they talk, like I judge their intelligence.. in how well their English is.There's tons of ways to upgrade my English.. but.. I just thought someone had some kind of trick or something.I could use a thesaurus but I'd have to like basically search up every simple word.. which is frustrating at times.

In order to improve your spoken English, what better ways than to speak the language. Make it a point with your friends that English will be your only language of communication. The more you speak, the better you get.

From my experience as a learner and as an educator I don't believe that improving language skills could be achieved by merely following a good course or using a good book or just using it. It's a package that takes a bit of everything.

You will need to:

Use language for real life cummincation, the same as we're doing here using English to talk to each other.

Have a constructive feedback on your language production. I mean someone, ideally a native speaker, who can spot your errors and guide you to the correct use.

Have a good reference for grammar, vocabulary and idioms to give you only the stuff you need

Good language course try to do that one way or another. Language courses will be essential for a zero beginner to start right, but from an intermediate level onwards you could adapt the approach I suggested.

In my case I would only take language course if I'm trying to learn something very specialized in a short time.