xisto Community
Nelson Blogs

Hi! :d

Hi everyone! ?My name is Nelson (14 y/o) and I joined this forum to get free hosting. So far, this looks very promising. ?I looked over the topics and saw that there are many things that interest me. I did look at several posts and registered at the billing page with the?same email I used to sign up here. ?:D

I started a blog about 2 weeks ago and I hope to turn it into a top-level domain. ?You can see it here: http://error404.000webhost.com/?. ?I have received many comments from my friends on facebook saying that I am very knowledgeable at a young age. Am I?

I am a hobbyist C++ programmer but every since school started, I have not found the time to learn more so I just play around with it here and then. I won't say that I am proficient but I understand the fundamentals which include data types, arrays, pointers, etc. ?I haven't gone into OOP (object-oriented programming) but I hope to get there someday.

No more technical talk. ?I love music! ?I play the violin, piano, flute, and guitar. My two main instruments are the violin (almost 6 years) and piano (3 years self-taught). My favorite music includes pop, classical music (not Bach/Beethoven, but "Yiruma-type" stuff), and some techno depending on the artist.

I hope I get to meet a lot of you! ?:)

Hello, welcome to Xisto Forum!You're gonna be smart because you're only 14 and when you learn early, you tends to get smarter when you get older.Well anyways, lets talk about Xisto and what can you do here.What you could do here you can chat about almost anything, talk about sports, foods, whatever.There a system that Xisto uses, its called myCENT, what you do is you post useful post (or long post) and you will earn myCENT.When your myCENT reaches to 100, it will be converted to $1 and that will go into your billing account. What you can spend with the money is the services they provide you like webhosting or domain.

Thanks!I was wondering if once you signed up for the Xisto billing account, how long would it take for the myCENT thing to appear on the forums. I do not know if it is instant or not so I don't know if I am doing it right or wrong.

hello welcome to Xisto.com family here we are one family :D and you can ask questions from us so don't get hesitant ok? first thing you must do now is to linked your account to xisto billing support which is here https://support.xisto.com/

you must use the email address you used to sign up in here so that Itll be link ok? you can start earning mycent even if its not link yet :) and it will be credited when it link so you can do post to topics and even create a new thread,
ok sorry about mycent XD mycent is a virtual or online money here in the forum we use this to buy a free domain and a host
great xisto right? every 100mycent you get $1, you can earn more mycent if you became more active in this forum so be it ok?

hello welcome to Xisto.com family here we are one family :D and you can ask questions from us so don't get hesitant ok? first thing you must do now is to linked your account to xisto billing support which is here https://support.xisto.com/
you must use the email address you used to sign up in here so that Itll be link ok? you can start earning mycent even if its not link yet :) and it will be credited when it link so you can do post to topics and even create a new thread,
ok sorry about mycent XD mycent is a virtual or online money here in the forum we use this to buy a free domain and a host
great xisto right? every 100mycent you get $1, you can earn more mycent if you became more active in this forum so be it ok?

Thanks, so basically I need to wait for to link and when it links, I will be credited for the posts I have already posted?  :(

Thanks, so basically I need to wait for to link and when it links, I will be credited for the posts I have already posted?  :(

yes it will be credited :) so you can start posting now creating good topics and replying to post is a good way to earn mycents
here :) also the good the quality and the longer the replies and the topics youve created the more mycent so try to make it
longer :D

Welcome to Xisto community, Nelson Blogs. Your blog is very nice, it will be even better when you earn your web hosting here. How much C++ can you code? What types of things have you coded?

Hi evilsmiley25. Ummm.. I have coded mainly console programs. About a year ago, I would develop programs that would help me finish my Algebra homework because I was too lazy to find the mean, median, mode, etc. I have a plethora of little programs for different problems (if i can find it). I am not able to touch the programs with GUIs.

hey nelson :D welcome here since your account is ready I will not teach you anyway on how to link it and mra550 teach it already, and I do visit your blog and you are a geek men! :) maybe you can share some of your projects and teach me because I don't really know how to do coding :( by the way please enjoy your stay here in Xisto and ask questions if you have just approach us ok?

Haha, thanks akira550! I started learning C++ with "C++ Primer Plus" by Stephen Prata. I think you might be able to find an e-book of it online somewhere. If not, you can go here https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-express/ . This is also a great book. If you need any help, feel free to message me. :)

maybe I can have that ebook too? how long did it take for you to learn it? did you master it already? well theres a lot of ebook

regarding C++ but some are not that great, anyway did you start from learning C or started already to C++ and jump C?

because my friend said that in their school the first language is C and I think its not required for you to learn C++ right?

I have not mastered C++ yet (well... im 14). I have a lot more to learn. I believe that you can never master a programming language. It doesn't matter if you know all of the functions, syntax, etc. It is about learning how to implement that into the code. There are many techniques and algorithms that can be learned such as bubble sorting.Regarding e-books... not all e-books are good. Some e-books will teach you wrong ways to program a language. For example, system() functions are used by beginners to pause a console program. This is completely, absolutely, and "ARRRHGJADFIJAD" thing to do. It flags a no-no to some AV programs. I had a link to a good e-book in my previous post. I can't really find a link to Stephen Prata's ebook, though. I borrowed the book from the library. If I have time, I can look for the ebook and PM you if I find it. :)I did not learn C to learn C++. No, it is not required. C++ is a language based on C. C++ is the superset of C. The reason why C++ was developed was because programs were becoming too complex so they had to develop a new way to organize programs. Along with C++, came namespaces, classes, and most importantly; OOP (object-oriented programming). I have not gotten to learn OOP so I can not tell you much about it. All I can tell you is that it uses techniques that will help you so very much in programming.I hope I answered all of your questions. Holler at me if you have any more questions.

Wow C++ is like the greatest programming language ever.You guys sound like you're really into this, I wish I could get into computer programing, but it takes a lot of dedication.Welcome to the forum, Nelson.You'll love it here :DI do.You're 14, and you know a lot of stuff! good job, bud! :)

Thank you very much, wonderfullygifted for the kind words! Computer Programming DOES take a lot of dedication but I think it is worth it. C++ can do many wonderful things. C++ has been used to create most modern games, adobe products, screensavers, OS (dont try this :)), MS Office, and many other types of software. I think I will love it here at Xisto. I have made a few posts and the community is very friendly and helpful. I am trying to get one of my friends to join the community.

Wow C++ is like the greatest programming language ever.You guys sound like you're really into this, I wish I could get into computer programing, but it takes a lot of dedication.
Welcome to the forum, Nelson.
You'll love it here :D
I do.
You're 14, and you know a lot of stuff!
good job, bud! :)

I have always wanted to learn C++ and I tried looking online and downloading things, but I never really obtained an interest in it enough to stick to it.