xisto Community
electriic ink

Your All-time Worst Book Your all-time worst book

I got about 4/5 of the way through Mommie Dearest before I threw it across the room. I know the poor girl had a hard life and her mother was horrible to her but it just seemed like "my famous mother is dead and now I am going to make a few bucks" Maybe I was in a bad mood that day.

Or maybe the book was giving you a bad mood.Sometimes that happens to me and them I totally go off the book and never wnat to see it again.I was like that when I read Harry Potter :: The Chamber Of Secrets (Book 1) I got to page 2 and never read it again.

I'd have to say A Handmaid's Tale. I don't even know who the author is, anymore. It's basically a rip-off of Orwell's 1984, except it revolves around more sexist issues. Horrendous, disturbing, and overall, a very unsatisfying read.Be warned, people. NEVER READ THIS BOOK!

I didn't really like Watership Down but that's because I don't like Richard Adam's style. I've read a lot of bad books...but I can't think of any at the moment...

Hmmm, Why the cage bird sings and/or Cold sassy tree...Once i finished with them at school...I took them out in my garage...got my home made Squirtgun flame thrower out....and torched it.Although I love books and literally have my own library...I could not stand those 2 books...

My all-time worst book was Tuck Everlasting. The flesh was decent, but it was a romantic tragedy, and the ending SUCKED!!!!! Urgh... The whole thing could have been WAY better! it just wasn't any good...

It was this romance I borrowed not very long ago. And ugh it was terrible! It was set back in the day (1600's) and this man (bad word) this woman and she fell in love with him and they married happily. So stupid. Put me in a terrible mood. And give romances a bad name.

Anything by Charles Dickens gives me the runs. Yeah, yeah, literary master, yada yada yada... he can't even describe blinking without taking up 4 and a half paragraphs. I know that he was paid by magazines per word, but that's still no excuse to milk Tiny Tim's death for every drop he could. Sheesh! He could learn a thing or two from Hemingway or Carver.

nice topic, cant really think of the worst book I've ever read, most likely because I have read so many that I cant remember all of them. Espesially the worst ones.Anyway how about Windows xp for dummies or something like that.

That is simple! It was "The Process" written by one of the most popular German (he lived in the Czech Republic) authors. Kafka.The book seemed to me like thoughts of a man with serious psychological problems, but of course it is a masterpiece for everyone who studied (German) literature :).

nice topic, cant really think of the worst book I've ever read, most likely because I have read so many that I cant remember all of them. Espesially the worst ones.

Anyway how about Windows xp for dummies or something like that.

68599[/snapback]

I tried looking at the Koran before since someone asked me to and just starting off it talked about killing everyone in sight and raping young girls, which might not have been as bad as it was if it didn't use such EXTREMELY graphic terms...

Maybe I just got a bad english translation but...

Also, looking at stuff on Catholic doctrine (someone asked me to do it again) always is tough for me, not something I like, and reading through the extra books they've added to the Bible was a bit annoying, there was this one about a girl who had sex because she believed God told her to or something like that as well, something with a pharisee or something like that if I remember right, and I was just like *blecch*

Well, so far I have not come across a book 'I Hate' seeing as I havnt read ever book in the world ... but books I struggle to read is the Lord of the Rings Series. I really want to read them, and Im definately not saying they are bad, I just cant read them! I read the first page and Im confused! LOL

the worst book I've ever read is kensukes kingdom by michael mopurgo. Second rate , good plot , but poorly delivered. Hard to get into