xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

Quoting? Whys everything breaking.

It appears that sometimes when I try to quote someone my little blinking text line. ( This thing l except you know...blinking ) Is gone and sometimes it does it just when Im trying to post. This may sound very minor but it makes it annoying to navigate and sometimes I can't go back at all. You can just click under the quote to start typing because it randomly starts like in the middle of the quote making it unable to quote anyone at all. The weird part is its doing it right now. And I keep seeing some funy stuff going on with the shoutbox as I'm typing. I never really see it but in the corner of my eye I think the Shout Clear REfresh MY Prefs are moving around or something. Also it doesn't show me when I make a spelling error. It just doesnnnnt show the reeed lines. That was a test and nope its not. This has happened to me in Google Chrome. Just switched back to Firefox didn't happen for a while and now its doing it. Seems so minor but its not when quoting someone believe me. I really think this is related to the shoutbox. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

It appears that sometimes when I try to quote someone my little blinking text line. ( This thing l except you know...blinking ) Is gone and sometimes it does it just when Im trying to post. This may sound very minor but it makes it annoying to navigate and sometimes I can't go back at all. You can just click under the quote to start typing because it randomly starts like in the middle of the quote making it unable to quote anyone at all. The weird part is its doing it right now. And I keep seeing some funy stuff going on with the shoutbox as I'm typing. I never really see it but in the corner of my eye I think the Shout Clear REfresh MY Prefs are moving around or something. Also it doesn't show me when I make a spelling error. It just doesnnnnt show the reeed lines. That was a test and nope its not. This has happened to me in Google Chrome. Just switched back to Firefox didn't happen for a while and now its doing it. Seems so minor but its not when quoting someone believe me. I really think this is related to the shoutbox. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe I am getting problem same as yours when I am trying to quote someone and trying to click that +quote thing
or button it didn't turn to grey for me to quote and i can't click it sometimes and when I have this annoying
bug I only do restart my browser or do a relogin :) maybe you can try it too? btw... I am also using google chrome
and it happens to me often times I hope this would work to you also since it worked for me

Maybe I am getting problem same as yours when I am trying to quote someone and trying to click that +quote thingor button it didn't turn to grey for me to quote and i can't click it sometimes and when I have this annoying
bug I only do restart my browser or do a relogin :) maybe you can try it too? btw... I am also using google chrome
and it happens to me often times I hope this would work to you also since it worked for me

Please do not take offense. But it seems as if you just skimmed through my topic very fast and missed alot of information. The problem you states has nothing to do what I am talking about. Maybe try rereading it too see if me and you really do have the same problem. And I was using Chrome now Im using Firefox and the problem still exsists.

Please do not take offense. But it seems as if you just skimmed through my topic very fast and missed alot of information. The problem you states has nothing to do what I am talking about. Maybe try rereading it too see if me and you really do have the same problem. And I was using Chrome now Im using Firefox and the problem still exsists.

All I can understand is when you are quoting and it makes you unable to quote xD so sorry about that I do read it but
can't understand the problem at all maybe you can post a screenshot of what is going on into your "browser" or in the "forum chatbox" or "quote" thing so that the mods knows what to answer :) sorry if my english is bad. What are the funny things
you are saying? that goes up into your chatbox

Actually it's hard to understand ether of you xDWhat blinking line? I have never seen a blinking line of any kind o_OThe +Quote button is for if your going to Quote more then one post, if you are going to Quote just one person then click Reply beside the post.if you are quoting more then one person then click +Quote on the posts you are quoting, then click AddReply, fast reply is not for quoting. but it does work if you use the right quote tags.as for the spell check, that's a problem with your browser, not t17.

Actually it's hard to understand ether of you xDWhat blinking line? I have never seen a blinking line of any kind o_O
The +Quote button is for if your going to Quote more then one post, if you are going to Quote just one person then click Reply beside the post.
if you are quoting more then one person then click +Quote on the posts you are quoting, then click AddReply, fast reply is not for quoting. but it does work if you use the right quote tags.
as for the spell check, that's a problem with your browser, not t17.

also can't understand the thing he wants to say xD sorry for the author no offense mmm maybe where did you see
that blinking line?

It would appear that I was not clear enough. Ok step by step analysis.First I click Quote.It does as it should you know opens the new post where you can type what you want to say and the quote is there all perfect like.But wait where is my cursor blinking thing This thing | except its you know blinking. The thing that when you type thats where your text goes. I know this problem seems so minor but its not and its almost impossible to navigate it to the bottom. Each time I start typing it just pops up in the middle of the quote and its not easy moving back down. You need to keep clicking trying clicking trying for like a whole minute of bullcrap. Also its does not show the red squiglys under your text where you made a spelling error. Now do you get what I am saying?

Zagubadu is referring to the rich text editor I believe. I don't think it has anything to do with quoting, other than when you want to quote someone you must use the full rich text editor rather than the fast reply standard text area. The rich text editor actually uses frames to render your text as you are editing it, while the simple <textarea> of fast reply only displays bbcode. Normally this method of rendering your post while you type works fine. However perhaps some update in your browser or some change to the website broke it.

I am actually having the same issue with the rich text editor at the moment. Since I almost always use the fast reply I'm not sure when this issue started for me, however I recently updated Firefox to 3.6. Looking at the source for the frame leads me to believe it may be some issue with the website because if I recall correctly to allow a page to be editable you must include a line of java script:

document.designMode="on"
... again, i may be wrong (it's been ages since I wrote my own rich text editor). Or there may be a new better way of doing it using pure css/html5.

Edit: After a quick Google search I found that there is a newer way of doing this:

<html id="ed-0_html">
And the frame does implement it, so perhaps this method has some issues in Firefox? Edited by galexcd (see edit history)

Zagubadu is referring to the rich text editor I believe. I don't think it has anything to do with quoting, other than when you want to quote someone you must use the full rich text editor rather than the fast reply standard text area. The rich text editor actually uses frames to render your text as you are editing it, while the simple <textarea> of fast reply only displays bbcode. Normally this method of rendering your post while you type works fine. However perhaps some update in your browser or some change to the website broke it.

I am actually having the same issue with the rich text editor at the moment. Since I almost always use the fast reply I'm not sure when this issue started for me, however I recently updated Firefox to 3.6. Looking at the source for the frame leads me to believe it may be some issue with the website because if I recall correctly to allow a page to be editable you must include a line of java script:

document.designMode="on"
... again, i may be wrong (it's been ages since I wrote my own rich text editor). Or there may be a new better way of doing it using pure css/html5.

Edit: After a quick Google search I found that there is a newer way of doing this:

<html id="ed-0_html">
And the frame does implement it, so perhaps this method has some issues in Firefox?

Hah yes. Went back to Google Chrome. And I can now start quoting people again. Thanks for your help. Can't they still update the Shout Box for those using Firefox 3.6? I mean lots of people use it. Seems kind of silly. Right no Jhaslip is using Firefox 3.5.5 I wonder why :) He also states that using that version stops the Shoutbox from being stupid.

It would appear that I was not clear enough. Ok step by step analysis.First I click Quote.
It does as it should you know opens the new post where you can type what you want to say and the quote is there all perfect like.
But wait where is my cursor blinking thing This thing | except its you know blinking. The thing that when you type thats where your text goes. I know this problem seems so minor but its not and its almost impossible to navigate it to the bottom. Each time I start typing it just pops up in the middle of the quote and its not easy moving back down. You need to keep clicking trying clicking trying for like a whole minute of bullcrap. Also its does not show the red squiglys under your text where you made a spelling error. Now do you get what I am saying?

That's strange.

Has never happened to me, but, I am using an older version of firefox, so mine is probably less buggy.