xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mra550

A Good Screen Recorder anyone know what recorder is good for me?

Hello I think this is the best section where I can post this question since I saw someone asking questionsabout videos and my question is about a screen recorder.I have a camtasia in my laptop but it is very laggy when I am trying to record in my screen anyone know where can I get a free and nice quality video recorder like camtasia? I like camtasia becauseit records a good quality video the only thing bad about this is my laptop performance so It doesnt run what I wantwhen I am using it my mouse is blinking and my laptop is in slow motion. Anyone can help me about this? and suggesta setting for camtasia? or just suggest a good Screen recorder? thank you

Yes, unfortunately though the problem does not lie with the Software. As I have Camtasia and it records quite smoothly. It has to do with you computer specs. Maybe Video card? I recently upgraded my Video card and Camtasia stopped that annoying lag you get while recording. Hope this helps. ( Also I got a really nice one for only 60 dollars. ALL HAIL NEWEGG! )

so very true that my laptop is the problem :) and i have 128mb of video card isnt it enough? the support team said thatmy ram is the problem because i only got like 512 mb on my laptop so i must upgrade to 1gig as soon as i got moneybut i think xD well let me see aha

so very true that my laptop is the problem :) and i have 128mb of video card isnt it enough? the support team said thatmy ram is the problem because i only got like 512 mb on my laptop so i must upgrade to 1gig as soon as i got money
but i think xD well let me see aha

Yea I am going to be upgrading too two gigs. So that'll be nice. Yea Its definetly you computer. Maybe try a different program that doesn't have a higher quality record? ( As Camtasia's is extremely well ) Maybe a lower quality would help with the lag.

Yea I am going to be upgrading too two gigs. So that'll be nice. Yea Its definetly you computer. Maybe try a different program that doesn't have a higher quality record? ( As Camtasia's is extremely well ) Maybe a lower quality would help with the lag.

that's why I am asking for a screen recorder software that I can use for recording my screen :D
please suggest one a nice one but able to run in my laptop thank you :)
im going to upgrade soon when I got my money allowance this month

Camtasia works fine for me. Is it using a lot of cpu when it is running?I know this used to happen on my old computer, with hypercam, it would lag really bad.I am not sure what the reason is though. My computer before this may have been too outdated, or it may have been the video card, I do not know.Does not lag on this laptop though. Maybe you just need to update the video card.

Camtasia works fine for me. Is it using a lot of cpu when it is running?
I know this used to happen on my old computer, with hypercam, it would lag really bad.

I am not sure what the reason is though. My computer before this may have been too outdated, or it may have been the video card, I do not know.

Does not lag on this laptop though. Maybe you just need to update the video card.

Yea I doubt its the video card because the way hes talking about not even having a gig or ram its most likely integrated. Which is just about as worst as you can get. Yea the reason for your lag was just too old of a computer. Screen recording is very hard on your computer and it may not be possible without the lag unless you upgrade or get a new computer. Its just a high process.

maybe I should try that camstudio I am checking its system requirements now.. any more suggestions of a good screen recorder guys? I badly need it so I can capture videos on my screen :) thank you

For camtasia recording program, try going into the options and lowering the FPS options. It may work better. Also consider updating your RAM, that could help considerably.Best of luck

Camtasia works fine on my computer but kills my laptop. My laptop can't take it. Anyways, a good screen recorder depends on what you are doing. Camtasia works well when it is not used with other RAM-hogging software (unless you have a computer with pretty good specs). Fraps is really, really good for recording gameplay. Even the freeware version of fraps is pretty good. All the free version does is add a link at the top of the video which can easily be concealed by making videos widescreen. If you are not satisfied with Camtasia or Fraps, you might want to try HyperCam or Camstudio.

You can try some simpler similar software like Democreator or BB Flashback if you consider Camtasia is too expensive and there's no video editing featire in Camstudio. Both of them need lower computer hardware requirement.

-reply by Chang Axl

When i used camstudio if the video got to long it would crash when it was compressing the file. I had to use media merging/trimming tools and make smaller segments. It also gave me a hard time with recording the audio. So just us audacity to record the sound.

i have two suggestions, if you are using windows operating system then one of the best options you have is Jing free version. it can take screenshots as well as recording video from your desktop or any selection of your desktop. you can add some effects too and there are many options for preparing the output video for some popular websites. if you are using linux operating system then one of the best choices is VLC, actually most of peoples who are using vlc don't know that this sofware can record from desktop screen. it's very easy just put desktop as input source in vlc stream options and then specify out put format and start your recording (some tutorials are available on youtube just google it), but i suggest you to use two separate softwares for recording and editing your recorded file even if your recording software has the ability to edit your recordings itself.