xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Gta Iv Multiplayer "loading..."

Hey guys..

For some time now, I've been wondering why my GTA IV holds on "Loading..." for IV Multiplayer. I have played on Multiplayer before now (on the same PC), but recently had a reformat issue. When I tried installing Windows 7 on my 500GB External Hard Drive (USB2) in the setup I chose to install Windows 7 on my External HDD, but for some reason it installed it on my Internal HDD then reformatted. (like..what the hell..)

Anyway, when I ran the Windows 7 Installer from XP it started copying files...prepairing installation etc etc etc...rebooted for the BIOS check and for the main installation then all of a sudden..my PC restarts several times.. (it's like my HDD cannot find an OS). It didn't restart 7 times (like it says it may on installation) it restarted over 50 times or so..I left my computer for an hour and a half for the installation...when I came back (after nearly 2 hours) I got back, checked my computer..and it's still restarting..restart after restart after restart...

The disk I was using is bootable, so I don't know what the issue is there...anyways, so I came to the conclusion of reformatting my whole HDD (again, this time I did it myself, not the computer/installation) and reinstalled Windows XP, installed all latest Microsoft Updates, drivers etc blah blah, installed GTA IV (unfortunately I had to make a new LIVE account and new game since my original "ComRadKeL" gamertag said incorrect password {even though I changed it after saying it was incorrect}..so I changed it to "iComRadKeL" (for those who'd want to add me, since I am just awesome :D} instead.

I exterminated all 200 pigeons (horray! They are all dead and I have my archivement) however..."Off the boat" archivement is f***ed since I wasn't logged in to LIVE when I completed it..so :( Yeah, after exterminating the pigeons, I started the missions.

The main issue now is, I cannot get on multiplayer..not even on the lobby. My GTA IV hangs on "Loading..." then like..fails to respond or some crap. I was able to play Multiplayer on the same specifications as I still have now...

My Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.01 Ghz)

RAM: 1.18GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT (1GB) + NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS (512MB)

I know my RAM and Processor suck for requirements, so please DONT bother criticising me. I know they are bad. I am getting a 2GB RAM card DDR2 hopefully in a couple of weeks.. Above all, my processor really is not (at all) a problem fwith my IV. It's doing great saying it's not overclocked. I am not an overclocker since I think I'd kill my system if I did overclock it! :)

Could someone help me? Like, is it the RAM causing this? or something else?

REMEMBER: My IV ran Multiplayer perfectly before (and I had 1GB RAM still)

Thanks.

Have you tried sending a email to Microsoft? I'm sure they could help you with your problem. Also are there any ports that need to be forwarded? Maybe after you reformatted some settings were messed up with your router. This is only assuming that you have to port forward anything.

That is a possibility. Thank you for advising me of this one Zagubadu. Much appreciated.I shall check/add my ports to my Router now.

That is a possibility. Thank you for advising me of this one Zagubadu. Much appreciated.
I shall check/add my ports to my Router now.

Glad to have helped. Also I've done some looking around. It appears that the only time this has happened to other people is when they are about to or are installing a new patch. Maybe this could be the problem? Check with any friends that also play the game and ask them if they can get on.