xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mra550

Stop Using Internet Explorer Now! google disclose lastweek

Maybe this is the right section for this topic we heard in the news since it is a news maybe I can post it here

NOTE: the text in quotes are the only thing I copied from the news no copyright intended for this one :) thanks

the quoted text is according to the news and the text without quote is my own text

Decembers Operation Aurora cyber attack from China, which Google disclosed last week, has prompted French and German to recommend against the use of Internet Explorer, at least until a patch is released to address the vulnerability.

This is a great move considering the security risk Microsofts Internet Explorer creates. Similar action may be taken against other Microsoft products as well. How does this happen? Microsoft provided the window through which the Chinese hackers crawled through.

This afternoon, Microsoft issued Security Advisory 979352 to help customers mitigate a Remote Code Execution (RCE) vulnerability in Internet Explorer. The company has determined that Internet Explorer was one of the vectors used in targeted and sophisticated attacks targeted against Google and other corporate networks.

This is a great BANG for Microsoft. Its a fact that Internet explorer lost its popularity in market. The internet browser battle kicked off for a long time. Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are more user friendly and load web pages much faster. Besides, tonnes of web developers facing hard time in tweaking their web pages to suite the Internet Explorer.

So, can Internet Explorer can still leads the browser industry after this big BANG? Will you support Internet Explorer? your free to leave your comment here

Internet explorer has always been a piece of crap. It always is slow, and never works good for me. But then again, microsoft did steal everything from the macs, so I am not surprised they mess everything up. Problems with IE in the past:

Just proves how Microsoft messes up IE all the time.

yeah anyway I never use it now :) Im using google chrome and firefox my friend was using IE

but lately he found out that there are so many virus from IE in his cache XD I didn't know that

virus can obtained true cache? then his IE never opens again when opening theres always a pop up in the window

about the error the dont send thing

Internet explorer has always been a piece of crap. It always is slow, and never works good for me. But then again, microsoft did steal everything from the macs, so I am not surprised they mess everything up. Problems with IE in the past:

On February 12, 2003, Microsoft released Security Bulletin MS03-004 and Knowledge Base article 813951 which discuss the availability of a cumulative patch (e.g., a patch that includes the functionality of all previously released patches) for Internet Explorer 5.01, 5.5, 6.0. The patch eliminates two newly discovered vulnerabilities involving Internet Explorers cross-domain security model - which keeps windows of different domains from sharing information. These flaws results in Internet Explorer because incomplete security checking causes Internet Explorer to allow one website to potentially access information from another domain when using certain dialog boxes.

The vulnerability, which was reported to Microsoft by Andreas Sandblad of Sweden, could enable a malicious webmaster to load hostile code onto a user's system. In addition, the vulnerability could enable an attacker to invoke an executable that was already present on the local system, or take any other action available to the system owner.

Just proves how Microsoft messes up IE all the time.

i would have liked to read more of that article, but you supplied no links to any articles. anytime you quote something news worthy, remember to link back to the original source. like i said, i wouldn't have liked to read about it more.

i would have liked to read more of that article, but you supplied no links to any articles. anytime you quote something news worthy, remember to link back to the original source. like i said, i wouldn't have liked to read about it more.

ohh yeah im sorry about not giving credits to where I originally read this news ill edit it sorry
about that :) the problem is I can't edit the post and can see the edit image i got the news from here

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

again sorry if i forgot to put the source of my quoted tags when I notice it I cant edit it
Edited by mra550 (see edit history)

Used it at a age so young I didn't know how to download a program. Which was forever ago. Now I have Google Chrome and am very happy with it. I suggest it to anyone who likes the internet! Because believe me its the best way to surf it.

Used it at a age so young I didn't know how to download a program. Which was forever ago. Now I have Google Chrome and am very happy with it. I suggest it to anyone who likes the internet! Because believe me its the best way to surf it.

yeah I agree its the best way to surf :) my internet works faster in google chrome than in my Firefox. Firefox is best on add ons
but sometimes laggy and slow so I also recommend google chrome safe and fast, and back to topic..
I didn't know that IE 8 is also vulnerable? XD

Lol, Internet Explorer failed the first few days it was released...and that was like...years ago. It actually makes me sick that Microsoft do not give a damn about their products and fails to update or atleast release a patch for Internet Explorer...In my opinion, they are terrible liers and complete retards. :)

Lol, Internet Explorer failed the first few days it was released...and that was like...years ago. It actually makes me sick that Microsoft do not give a damn about their products and fails to update or atleast release a patch for Internet Explorer...
In my opinion, they are terrible liers and complete retards. :)

Im thinking the same thing as you XD yes true they are liars and don't give the best service in their products
they always release risky softwares w/c is vulnerable to virus and they don't damn even care about this
and let other anti virus company to do the job so more money to expense thats so bad of them
as I knew Bill Gates got a case regarding the release of the Microsoft when they saw that he includes
IE into the OS which is not included for an OS that time you can't use any browser but only IE
Im so happy that we have more browsers today that is better than IE.

Hi!Microsoft's Internet Explorer still has a stronghold in enterprise computing. Firms have web applications that are compatible only with Internet Explorer because the web developers did not bother about standards compliance. There are still websites out there today that work with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox, Chrome or Safari. How do I know? The firm I work at builds web portals and they always seem to launch the first version as an Internet Explorer-only website and then try to build in compatibility later. Much later. It sometime takes months before they actually consider that visitors could be using a browser other than Microsoft's Internet Explorer and decide that they need to suit-up and make the decision to work on browser compatibility to maintain their brand image. From a business perspective, when over 70% of the website visitors use Microsoft Internet Explorer, why focus on Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or even the Opera web browser?

Finally thing is, despite their frequent screwups, MS still rules. IMO, they are too entrenched in the tech world that despite their products not being up to standard, their can carry it off without much problems.

Hi!
Microsoft's Internet Explorer still has a stronghold in enterprise computing. Firms have web applications that are compatible only with Internet Explorer because the web developers did not bother about standards compliance. There are still websites out there today that work with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox, Chrome or Safari. How do I know? The firm I work at builds web portals and they always seem to launch the first version as an Internet Explorer-only website and then try to build in compatibility later. Much later. It sometime takes months before they actually consider that visitors could be using a browser other than Microsoft's Internet Explorer and decide that they need to suit-up and make the decision to work on browser compatibility to maintain their brand image. From a business perspective, when over 70% of the website visitors use Microsoft Internet Explorer, why focus on Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or even the Opera web browser?

yes you are right with that and I agree that some websites and applications can only be run in internet explorer but not in other
web browser well I don't know why Developers not making it universal and choosing internet explorer as their
standards but there are some good browsers than it and Internet Explorer sometimes didn't correctly display a webpage for some
reasons but if you will go check with other browsers its fine so sometimes I don't know what is the problem if is it IE or my
html XD and also loading websites with some errors where in firefox, chrome, opera doesnt have any errors

yeah anyway I never use it now :) Im using google chrome and firefox my friend was using IE

but lately he found out that there are so many virus from IE in his cache XD I didn't know that

virus can obtained true cache? then his IE never opens again when opening theres always a pop up in the window

about the error the dont send thing

In the website designing world, people HAVE to design ALL their websites so that they work in internet explorer , as most of the appealing market use the 'old' internet explorer. But now they have introduced the compatibility option :D You can also clean the viruses using a good antivirus, dont blame IE or Microsoft.

In the website designing world, people HAVE to design ALL their websites so that they work in internet explorer , as most of the appealing market use the 'old' internet explorer. But now they have introduced the compatibility option :D You can also clean the viruses using a good antivirus, dont blame IE or Microsoft.

yes definitely we are not blaming MS because atleast they develop the popular windows OS we like that

and most people like that also their Visual Basic and ASP and their office tools those tools/software are very

useful for us today what we don't like is the Performance of their Web browser which is the IE :)

the problem with microsoft is we need to get an anti virus yes another money to spend and another risk since

not all antivirus software are safe and certified by MS

Microsoft has always been careless about their products, just like the "New" MSN Messenger, it doesn't work at all for over %80 of people who are "Forced" to update to it. Microsoft knows this and yet they do nothing.

Internet Explorer is no exception, the newest version 8.0 crashes/freezes for the most users and there has been no patch to fix this problem, which is why it's suggested by many sources that people use IE7 instead.

Since the release of Windows 7 Microsoft has stopped releasing software updates for Windows XP/Vista such as the new WMP12 and are focusing on Windows 7

I have always loved Mozilla Firefox, especially since I'm a developer and the way it works, just works :) and to my knowledge, it's the only browser that displays code CORRECTLY

yes definitely we are not blaming MS because atleast they develop the popular windows OS we like that

and most people like that also their Visual Basic and ASP and their office tools those tools/software are very

useful for us today what we don't like is the Performance of their Web browser which is the IE :D

the problem with microsoft is we need to get an anti virus yes another money to spend and another risk since

not all antivirus software are safe and certified by MS

Yea I don't know about you but I most defiantly am blaming Microsoft, even their Operating Systems have been built broken. worst of all is Windows Vista. a lucky few have used Vista without problems. and keeping one of their operating systems running good costs alot of money in software like regcure and whatnot unless you pirate them which most are forced to do because of the ridiculous prices. before I got good software I had to reformat my XP install every 6 months -.-
Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)