xisto Community
The Simpleton

Are You On Farmville?

Earlier everyone used to ask me, "Are you on Facebook?"Then after I hopped onto FB, everyone's asking me, "Are you on Farmville?" I'm both tired and amused of people trying to keep up with the latest "in" things - they always try to be part of the hip crowd, and in the process they hardly enjoy doing things at all. So anyway most of my friends came to know that farmville has over 70 million players on FB, so they wanted to be a part of it too and soon I too started receiving nagging requests from my friends asking me to come and play the game. And since one or two of those friends were serious FB addicts and would take any turned down request seriously, I decided to give the game a try. After playing for two days, I began to see why it had become a success - it encourages you to get together with friends and help each other in advancing in the game. Other than that it's just another simulation game, which is sometimes a little boring as well. Anyway thanks to this game I was able to get on well with some friends who were busy to stay in touch. Now we help fertilise each other's farms :) So are you part of this crazy bandwagon? If so can you share a few tips n' tricks for the rest of us?

well, the truth is i quit this game because it bored me to hell 0_0akind of funny though, seeing my family encouraging each others at home (on the house, calling for help / gifts) :Dthere's not much trick there, is there? only the farmer-block trick one... oh, and if you want, you can try to use that GhostMouse to do the farming :)

I was on farmville and played it religiously, but now day I don't play any facebook games, I use facebook as facebook to connect with friends, I admit some people do spend there lives on the various facebook games, my aunt in particular plays: Country Life, Farmville, Petville, and countless others everyday. It's kinda sad in a way but hey. Whatever boats your float.

Well, farmville is not a time consuming game, ya know? You just plant some stuff and leave. At least I play it like that, you don't have to stand there waiting for the crops to grow? :) It's the only game I play tho.

Knew they were going to go down this road as well. You know what I do instead of Facebook. Go over friends houses. I never understood why people liked the social networking sites so much. I guess I need to stay home more often. :)

Farmville is just a timepass-sort of game and can be bearable when you get too bored. And it's a great way of catching up with long lost friends who simply have no time to write a message but have lot of time to play the game :) I keep in touch with some friends through farmville only. They are never tired to play the game even if they dont have time for socializing, so just knowing that you are in contact with them is a good feeling.It's kind of funny - at first friends had no time to meet each other in real life but they had time to meet on Facebook and similar sites. But now they have evolved and don't have time on facebook also. They just stay in touch through media like farmville. Hmm wonder what they'll do next

Sadly me and misses are into games, we cry ourselves to sleep, but at least we are smart enough to know when to put it away and not be stupid enough to drop thousands of dollars into a virtual farm. What is really sad about this is when you show up on Dr. Phil and him telling you that you have a Farmville addiction...oh wait that did happen to some woman LOL. We play because its fun and its something to do while we chit chat about this and that.Of course, it started expanding to other games like Cafe World, Fishville, Country Life, Farkle, Farkle 2, but that is all and we are smart enough to plan ahead and not stare at the screen 24 hours a day. Other then that I am not addicted to these stupid Facebook games

I tried FarmVille. I played it for a few days and then realized that there was no point in this. I quit and never really touched another Facebook Gaming-type app again. Most of the little games on Facebook such as CafeWorld, FishVille, etc. are games where you do stuff, wait, sell, and repeat. I really don't see any gain from this.

Seems really stupid to me...plus there are those actually donating to the game...perhaps we all should create assinine games like Farmville, and join the bandwagon of making cash!

Yes I did have a farmville account. It was fun at the start, planting and all those but it got really weird when people started making weird designs with the plants/flowers/etc..So I stopped. And girls dig it, too. hahaha

great, so we have a farmville players here. i was about writing a topic about that when i saw this one. for me, no i don't play it at all, i think it is so boring and it kills me see everyone i know just planting. and when i say EVERYONE i mean it, all my friends, all my family play farmville. it is like a disease or epidemic between them. thanks god i am not interesting. they wast a long time on planting, buying things, designing. what is this, are they serious??i know games are fun but all i know are over reacted. to make sure i am not exaggerating here, let me give you some examples: i have two friends who supposed to be so busy because one of them is a doctor, the other is a pharmacist and both of them are married and have a family. the other example is my cousin she is married and has twin baby girls and working in a college, and she spend hours in farmville. now, do i exaggerating or they are completely addicted. i wonder if we have someone here addict to farmville just like everyone i know.

Farmville to me has to be one if not the most worthless games on Facebook, I can't lie though I did try it once and hated it. as I do most of the Apps there other than Mafia Wars. And then, It is becoming a pain. These Apps do not work well with facebook and well if I was you if you do not know the App and new to any Game there I would make sure you run a Virus and Malware check asap after your done playing

I tried this game a while ago. ?I played it for a few days and then I just got bored of it. ?Later, I tried other games similar to this like Restaurant City and it turns out that most games on facebook at like that. ?I ended not playing any games on facebook again.?

Here in the UK farmville used to be very popular and everyone was on it however it has died back down again here. Though I can see saint micheal plays it regularly as I always get wonderful gifts from him on Facebook :D.