xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tjcrazy

Hows My Site? Radio 1 Site

My project in the past two weeks has been to make an informative website providing detailed information into the current song playing on either Radio 1, Radio 2, 1XTRA or BBC6Music. These are all radio stations.

I was wondering if you nice guys at Xisto could tell me how my websites doing? I only publicly released it today, and I was wondering if you could give me suggestions or improvements on the site?

The URL is:
http://www.radio1now.co.cc/

Thanks a lot,

Tim

My project in the past two weeks has been to make an informative website providing detailed information into the current song playing on either Radio 1, Radio 2, 1XTRA or BBC6Music. These are all radio stations.
I was wondering if you nice guys at Xisto could tell me how my websites doing? I only publicly released it today, and I was wondering if you could give me suggestions or improvements on the site?

The URL is:
http://www.radio1now.co.cc/

Thanks a lot,

Tim

maybe you typed a wrong domain ? or the DNS is not pointing into your host or maybe you didn't not yet registered this site
to co.cc because it only shows the co.cc ads and it shows that it is available so anyone can get it if you didn't move
these domain may get by someone if you really want this domain name XD

Confirmed. You need to either put the correct link in your post or update your dns.Assuming you are in the UK, as you mentioned uk radio stations, why have you registered and linke a .cc domain? Something doesnt add up here.

This was an error on my half.
The url is actually:

radio1now.co.cc

-The co.cc domain is a free, professional looking domain - Saves me money until I can get a proper .co.uk domain.

Ive updated the main link in the first post.

QUICK EDIT: I cannot change the URL in the first post.

wow that looks very nice :) mmm its ok but some features are not loading as well and you need to improve more
of it :) well its just starting so it's fine :D looking forward into your new station website and good luck to you :D
hope you can purchase soon your desired domain name

about the you can't edit your post thing.. yes you can't edit your posts after 10 minutes as saint michael told me
because some users are abusing the use of it :(

This was an error on my half.The url is actually:radio1now.co.cc-The co.cc domain is a free, professional looking domain - Saves me money until I can get a proper .co.uk domain.Ive updated the main link in the first post.QUICK EDIT: I cannot change the URL in the first post.

Edited by Tjcrazy (see edit history)

Looks very nice and clean, however I would change up the background color for each of the text, make it a div and then put a background color, since now its seems broken up on firefox 3.6. Other than that very well done, and I really do like it. Howd you get that information, is it based on the BBC API or something? Over all i like the idea, and I hope it gets big enough for you to put up even more radio stations. Oh and I would think about using a different font with a nicer header, maybe an image or a nice background pattern, other than what you have now. Good luck with your site, hope it comes it well in the end. Oh wait I just read the FAQ, very nicely explained, and that would be a great concept for having a personal site. I think you should also center the loading bar, and maybe add a bit of flash animation, since right now its looks a bit disjointed, with the loading and a simple page that comes up.

Love the loading using ajax at the start but your website looks web 1.0. You need to add gradients and make it look nicer. You should also do something with the images and the links so that it catches the eye yet simple.I am using firefox and your site looks a little broken up. You should really check your site on all browsers. You can also check how to make a client area for it on http://yomweb.co.cc/

Edited by dakuni (see edit history)