xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
retry56

F-18 Fly Beside Detroit Apartment

I was blogwalking, and suddenly i saw an article about F-18 Jet fly accross an apartment on this web http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/16/f18-buzzes-detroit-apartm_n_234853.html

Is there anyone from detroit?

Is it true? man this is awesome if its true,, never seen a jet fly nearby. But i only saw a plane landed above a beach, once in youtube of course .lol.

Posted Image

AWesomme,,

Your comments :)

Wow...that's truly awesome,duudddee. :) I never knew it looked like that! Just wondering, is it really real? i mean it has it to be, but wow? I have seen the flight emergency land on the Hudson River a year ago. It's pretty scary. It looked like this pic(except the plane was on fire and it was huge) , except i run away when it got too close (what was i supposed to do, i was a tourist!)

I initially posted saying this is fake. However some research shows it is in fact real. However, the setup of the camera makes it look closer than it actually is. It looks like the guy on the balcony could just reach out and touch it but i suspect this isnt the case. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

yea i was thinking that it was fake,, but i searched in google and there are many article talks about this,thats why i was wondering if there were someone who were there in this forum to tell if its true or not :)

It is true for sure:

It was taken during a specially-authorized low-altitude flyby to open a speedboat race on the Detroit river. A super-low urban flyby, a huge telephoto lens and a depth of field illusion making the jet appear closer to the building than it actually was all came together for a perfect shot.

That is a pretty neat picture. I wonder if the air force senior officers would approve of a plane flying that low so close to civilian buildings? Maybe not, I'd say.Maybe in Detroit they don't really care, since half the buildings there are vacant and falling apart anyway. This reminds me of when I was a kid in Manchester England, and saw a plane fly over our house solow it was ridiculous. I've often wondered why. That was a thrill though.

Wow. That would be a truly amazing thing to witness firsthand. I remember when military jets used to fly over our house when I was a kid every once in a while, and sometimes while they were flying over, they'd break the sound barrier, resulting in that insanely intense sonic boom. Seeing it THAT close though would be amazing.

i agree with the blur statement, which was my original argument for it being fake, however it was a professional photographer with a pro camera so in theory with a high enough shutter speed and a slightly increased ISO rating he couldve got the shot.

That is a pretty neat picture. I wonder if the air force senior officers would approve of a plane flying that low so close to civilian buildings? Maybe not, I'd say.
Maybe in Detroit they don't really care, since half the buildings there are vacant
and falling apart anyway.

This reminds me of when I was a kid in Manchester England, and saw a plane fly over our house so
low it was ridiculous. I've often wondered why. That was a thrill though.

In the Interstate 101 near the LAX (los angeles airport) you can practically stand like 20 - 30 feet*im ridiculously guessing* or something below the plane! You can probably hit the plane with a ball , if you can throw plane (OMG what i am thinking? im sick )Its awesomely huge and its also scary lol :) It takes like 1 hour to go there from Central LA. You should probably check it out.

Aaah was just about to call it fake. It just looks so cut out and pasted. :) Yea the different aspects of things can make images seem surreal. That jet looks like it scraped against that building. Plus those things are loud, and look how close that guy is :D that must have been scary.

I also thought that the picture could be photoshoped, but if it really is true, as I know it should create really a lot of sound? because all the aircrafts I heard which were not far from me, they created a lot of unpleasant sound?

The aircraft in the image looks like one of those model airplanes that you can buy which you glue together. I am not sure how long these planes are, but i get the impression that i should be able to see some tip of the back of the aircraft through one of the windows of the apartments. Secondly, the shadow at the bottom wing doesn't add up like the other shadows do. It could be argued that it is the shadow of one of the balconies; however, the light isn't coming from that direction. Also, i really doubt these planes have the authority to fly so low to civilian ground.

Here's a neat picture, it looks fake but it was simply taken with a special lens.

:)!