xisto Community
Zagubadu?

Plants Vs. Zombies Review

I recently picked up a game called Plants Vs. Zombies. I started playing it and thought immediately that I had wasted money and then didn't play it for a while. But decided to pick it up again and it picked up fast. My problem with it was that it starts really slow, but gets crazy later through the game. Its a castle defense / tower defense game. Its really fun. You build units that yea are plants. There is also a plant called a Wall-Nut that is used just to slow down the zombies. They have pretty clever names. Cherry bomb :) Its a little silly but behind all the childish humor of it sets a real game of strategy and skill. I was hesitant at even bothering to download the trial, and am now glad I did.
If you are interested Plants Vs. Zombies

+1 Awesome game. It's one of those quirky games that you take a glance, belittle it a little, try it out, then get hooked onto how good the game actually is. It starts out pretty simple and laid back, allowing you to begin familiarizing your "battlefield" that is your back yard which makes evident that the zombies, for some reason, only attack from the back. You collect sun power that rain down in the form of... well, suns, as well as the suns produced by your sunflowers that you plant. The whole battlefield is set up like a grid, with lanes that the zombies wander straight through. You place Peashooters and any other offensive plants that throw, shoot, or blow things at the zombies to incapacitate them as well as slow their progress down, and you also have to your disposal special plants, like the Cherry Bomb mentioned above (that destroys all zombies instantly in a small area) or the jalepeno (which destroys all zombies in one lane). And if you screw up and a zombie gets by your defenses, a one-time lawnmower will mow down any zombies in that lane you left derelict for you... but only one time. It's a lot of repetitive game play, but it's mixed up with additional mini-game types that you can access outside of the main game. Definitely recommended. Watch some game play videos to get a feel for what you're about to get hooked onto... :)

Oh no. Don't get me started. The whole entire school was crazy about it last year. Thankfully, I am not into games, though occasionally, one or two of them will catch my attention (the games), and I will end up looking over someone's shoulder. :) But it was at the end of the year and stuff. Did you have to buy the game? We have lots of games on our sharing directory, and often one or two people with lots of games will put them on and it it's a good game a new gaming epidemic will appear.The latest on was Plants vs Zombies. :P It was horrible. Everyone would be playing that and I don't even know why people are addicted. :P:D To tell you the truth, I prefer the battlefield online game called Pox nora. It's like chess, but only better, with animation and stuff. The aim is to kill the tower and win, but while it's grid like, it have a proper battlefield where your minions can go sideways and stuff. You overturn cards and you can put them on the field.It's really worth playing. The only bad thing is that each game takes a long time, and as it's a multiplayer game, you better make sure that you have enough time on your hands. Because if you remain idle long enough, the opposing player will win. :P:D:( But it's a really good game with good graphics. It's better than RS. :(But then it's a strategy, not action or whatever. Still. I love it. It's the only good strategy game I know out there. :P:D:( With excellent graphics.

+1
Awesome game. It's one of those quirky games that you take a glance, belittle it a little, try it out, then get hooked onto how good the game actually is.

It starts out pretty simple and laid back, allowing you to begin familiarizing your "battlefield" that is your back yard which makes evident that the zombies, for some reason, only attack from the back. You collect sun power that rain down in the form of... well, suns, as well as the suns produced by your sunflowers that you plant. The whole battlefield is set up like a grid, with lanes that the zombies wander straight through. You place Peashooters and any other offensive plants that throw, shoot, or blow things at the zombies to incapacitate them as well as slow their progress down, and you also have to your disposal special plants, like the Cherry Bomb mentioned above (that destroys all zombies instantly in a small area) or the jalepeno (which destroys all zombies in one lane). And if you screw up and a zombie gets by your defenses, a one-time lawnmower will mow down any zombies in that lane you left derelict for you... but only one time.

It's a lot of repetitive game play, but it's mixed up with additional mini-game types that you can access outside of the main game. Definitely recommended. Watch some game play videos to get a feel for what you're about to get hooked onto... :(

Perfect description of the game :D Yea I haven't played that much of it yet. So theres a jalapeńo thats funny. Yea also the levels are like this 1-1, 2-1. So after you beat one set of levels theres a whole new level environment that has its own twist. ( Its night so you don't get extra sun power and you can use mushrooms ) LIKE THE HYPNO SHROOM! :)

It's nice game. Though i'm quite defensive with tower defense games. I found it bit hard in some of the levels and for few zombies you can't put yourself in defensive mode. that will only make you lose that level. It's nice game btw. yet to grow tree of wisdom and not sure what to do with those plants and there separate gardens. I didn't even purchased gramophone, let's see will play over and over again to get those points.

i really like Plant vs Zombies :)well that is, until the point where i finished the game along with its mini-games. it's worth playing, but i don't find it worth another re-play as there isn't much to obtain (except the Tree of Wisdom's "wisdom"). and re-playing the story mode really sucks because that crazy person just take 3 of my slots with useless seed of his choice :( though, the survival mode is really amusing when you bored and have a lot of time to spend with ;)

I just tried my best to help grow that wisdom tree but there is not much of growth for it. 2-3 leaves so far and i don't know how long i'm going to replay the same game. By the way, i got into one of the gaming review and they told me to type "future zombies" while playing the game. I did the same and i found that zombies with sunglasses and different clothes in game. It may help make bit tough as those glasses needs to be taken down as well with zombies. So like those tin can and hat you need to work out of that glasses. I'll see if i can find few more such tricks. There is also one easter egg or piniata sorta. It works by making your zombie a piniata and giving you lots of coins or sun. If anyone knows more of such tricks then please post it here.

I just tried my best to help grow that wisdom tree but there is not much of growth for it. 2-3 leaves so far and i don't know how long i'm going to replay the same game. By the way, i got into one of the gaming review and they told me to type "future zombies" while playing the game. I did the same and i found that zombies with sunglasses and different clothes in game. It may help make bit tough as those glasses needs to be taken down as well with zombies. So like those tin can and hat you need to work out of that glasses. I'll see if i can find few more such tricks. There is also one easter egg or piniata sorta. It works by making your zombie a piniata and giving you lots of coins or sun. If anyone knows more of such tricks then please post it here.

well yeah there are things like that. you can find more by growing that "wisdom tree". sometimes he will give you neat game advice or funny things like that. but i must say that it won't be easy, you have to make it really TALL (i thought it will be 1000ft at max before it mention about pinata or something, then it'll back to 0 again). well if you're lazy, you can just search it in gamefaqs.com or somewhere else :P

Wow this game is being talked about a lot on many forums. This topic was started in January and it's been resurrected again now - this shows the game has a large number of fans :) I'm looking forward to playing it soon although I'm not sure when I can buy it. Is there a trial version available for the game? If I'm not wrong it's from Popcap games and I like that developer a lot - their games are always fun!

Yeah, I started playing it yesterday and like 3 hours later was still going at it. I definately enjoyed the strategy that comes to playing this game, of course, I enjoy the fun graphics and animation that is in this game. Of course, I was taken aback by the Michael Jackson zombie and surprise no one has complained about it. Granted I didn't look up anything as such but kind of bad to enclude someone that died last year.Still the game is fun and looking to kill some time, try this game out.

Yeah, I started playing it yesterday and like 3 hours later was still going at it. I definately enjoyed the strategy that comes to playing this game, of course, I enjoy the fun graphics and animation that is in this game. Of course, I was taken aback by the Michael Jackson zombie and surprise no one has complained about it. Granted I didn't look up anything as such but kind of bad to enclude someone that died last year.
Still the game is fun and looking to kill some time, try this game out.

What are you talking about? MJ Zombies are the best! :D Thats my favorite part of the game, and the second one is those Scuba diving zombies and the ones that make shark sounds. I never finished the game though, played for more than 10 hours and that game never gets boring.

I have this game on my iPod Touch. I love this game. I only play the games on my iPod Touch when I get extremely bored because I do not want to get tired of games on my iPod. Castle Defending games are my favorite. Its a great time killer and I recommend it to anyone. I believe that it is one of the top applications for game app purchases.

Just an update to this thread. I have grown that wisdom tree upto 61 feet and now it says it is out of wisdom. I don't know how is that possible. I'll try upto 99 feet if it responds with wisdom then great else i'm gonna stop feeding it. There can be lot of money to be made frm endless and some mini games and this is how i managed to reach the stage where that tree becomes 61 feets. Yet to crack endless level above 30, don't know what to do to get over the difficulty after 30 in the endless level.