xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zagubadu?

Throwing Objects?

I feel really silly for even posting this but cannot stop wondering :) And yes I am serious. Ok here goes. So I just started noticing because on of my cousins pointed it out. Everything I pick up that is small enough and safe enough ( Well sometimes not safe ) I toss into the air over and over again until I drop it or get bored. I mean everything you should see my cell phone :D Is this normal? Or is it like OCD or something? I've become really good at this with knives. Also is OCD just like doing things obsessively or can bad things come from it?

Well I pick up objects close to me and fiddle with them all the time, its to do with being bored, its not OCD it's more likely you just have an inability to do nothing, like me in a lot of ways, you can't just sit there, you are always having to be doing something and it's mostly sub-conscience. It's not a problem but it can annoy others but that is their problem.

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

You are as normal as the rest of us! (Hopefully that is a good thing O_o)I have this obsession with holding things in my hands. I feel like if I am not playing on the computer, or video games, I *NEED* to hold something. I don't know why. :/I doubt it is OCD though, maybe more boredom. When you get the feeling to *throw/toss* things, try doing something that you consider fun. Maybe it will keep your mind off it. :)Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is anxiety disorder. It causes behavior such as doing repetitive behaviors such as handwashing, counting, checking, or cleaning. It is performed with the hope of preventing obsessive thoughts or making them go away. Performing these so-called *rituals,*provides only temporary relief, and not performing them increases anxiety. So maybe you do have it? Do you feel stressed or anxious when you are tossing things to yourself, in the air?

By no means could your actions be termed as OCD. OCD has been explained in a very good manner by evilsmiley and your actions do not come any where close to it. The thing is that you have been thinking a lot about it. Some people have tendency to do keep doing something but they cannot be termed as OCD. Same as your case I have seen many people who just get irritated if they have to just sit doing nothing. The same in your case too, the only difference is that you play the tossing game and they keep looking something to lay their hands on.

No, really don't think it is OCD. Sounds more like just a nervous, compulsive habit. Or simple bordom. Hope you never take up smoking cigerettes! Some people do just to have something in their hands to fiddle with. I think your probably quite normal. Nearly everybody has some sort of nervous habit, some people flip their hair, some crack their nuckles, some chew fingernails, every body has some weird little habit.

sorry. i don't see anything normal about it. but what is? the fact that you had to have your cousin poiint it out to you because you didn't realize says something. i have known a lot of people in my life and very few people i have known do that. i wouldn't say it's a bad thing though but it's good to be aware of what we do so maybe if we want to correct the problem, we are more able. and no....i am not talking about the problem being tossing things in the air :)but it's good. usually we learn more about our own selves from others and it's good to be open enough to see what they do.