xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Gta Website Template Could anyone find or help me make one?

Hey guys.I have been searching Google for free GTA based design website templates but at the moment I cannot find any. I'm having a thought of conclusion that I will not find a website template for Grand Theft Auto style websites. (No, I'm not looking or wanting to leach from another GTA site) I was wondering if members here would be kind enough to help me design a template for GTA. I've tried myself, but I cannot do it.I do not know where to get images for GTA from, nor do I know how to use Photoshop well enough to make my own backgrounds etc. (which is why I am asking here)Could a member of Xisto (who is good with website designing) help me design one for my GTA site?Any support, and volunteers will be much appreciated and thanked. GTA Website Template, Couldd anyone find or help me make one?

What do you mean?All I want is a GTA template. I don't care if it's for Joomla only, if it is, I'll install and use Joomla. Could somone find a GTA template for Joomla then?

Sky, all you have to do is to design a template or have it designed by someone here. Then you can code it into html and css. After that, grab PHP functions from an existing theme on whatever forum software you're using. Use the PHP code to display the content. I believe IPB has some built-in functions to get data such as new threads and stuff like that from the database. Read their knowledgebase or check out some tutorials for that.I'm not volunteering to design, I'm not very good at it. But if you need a layout or help in making one, I can help as far as it's about HTML and CSS code.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

It would take a couple of weeks to make a quality site in Call Of Duty for personal or clan use. Instead of that you can go to a website like MonsterTemplates and get a nice lookin' one for like 30 bucks, i say its worth it, but if you want to do it the way you want, than i say you ask help from the ClanTemplates Forum. (Google IT!)

Did you read? I said, I've Googled everywhere but cannot find a template for GTA. It's not a clan site...it's a Grand Theft Auto FAN site. I cant use a Call of Duty template on a GTA fansite, now can I...

Did you read? I said, I've Googled everywhere but cannot find a template for GTA. It's not a clan site...it's a Grand Theft Auto FAN site. I cant use a Call of Duty template on a GTA fansite, now can I...

That depends on your willingness on modifying the newly-obtained template to fit your needs. You are looking for specifics, but what makes a GTA template a GTA template? It's not the structure of the template, it's not the colors, it's not any placeholder text, or anything of that sort. In fact, you don't even need a GTA-centered banner. Just about any template will do. The name and content of the website will distinguish the identity of the website.

That depends on your willingness on modifying the newly-obtained template to fit your needs. You are looking for specifics, but what makes a GTA template a GTA template? It's not the structure of the template, it's not the colors, it's not any placeholder text, or anything of that sort. In fact, you don't even need a GTA-centered banner. Just about any template will do. The name and content of the website will distinguish the identity of the website.

I guess. Thanks for the tip fusion.
I am not certain though, if I should just install Joomla or carry on with trying to make a website template. It's going to take a long time to complete, and I don't have much time left. The GTA Sector opens on the 2nd of February. :)

I have Photoshop. I don't need to pay for it lol. I could use Joomla, though I don't see why there's not even 1 damn template in Google's index that is GTA for Joomla, so stuff that one. My best hope is to get one made. I am currently coding parts of a website myself, (CSS, HTML and PHP) and I have a member over at GTAForums designing a template in Photoshop.

I can create a template but i am busy with my two projects currently.Creating templates is little hard.Why don't start with editing template? You will see how positions come,and for a week you will learn which attributes are most added for elements.For example always we add padding to the header,or add font-family to text...You will see,where sidebar comes,how to improve many things...Try to use many examples to see how code is rendering what you want.And,colors and images are the most needed things to express for what template is.You can't add flower if your site is for technology...Or add purple color for IT tuts.Joomla to use when creating templates.You need to be a real experienced programmer to understand all that functions.In Joomla templates you need to use PHP,too.Because it is not simple to change class of title :)Search on Google for Artisteer,it is great program to create templates with no coding.Just selecting kind of styles,colors,borders,forms etc.It is perfect way to do a cool template for any use...Another thing,Artisteer allows to render your template for CMS or simple HTML.You can render it for Joomla or Wordpress,or a simple HTML.There are no hacks or cracks for this programs and you need to pay it to remove all the ads you get with the template.Removing ads is not simple,it needs Photoshop :DPlus,that is illegal