xisto Community
k_s_baskar

Any Opensource Software Or Script Like This?

Hi,I am having mysql database with the fields SlNo, Product name, Review, price i wish to create separate webpage for each and every record in the database offline. I googled for such software or script in net, Finally i found a software named webmerge which will solve my purpose unfortunately it is not free. I am searching for Free tools or script. Can anybody here recommend me such software or script in php?Thanks in advance.:)

What you are asking for is a bit too simple to be writing a third-party tool for—if anything, that is more of a task for an extension or plug-in to an already existing script. Normally, the kind of scripts (if any) that do something close to what you want are content management systems (CMS), but these do things a certain way that may not be what you are looking for, or are more than what you are looking for, and are more complicated than what you are asking for. You say you wish to create, but you are looking for a third-party tool. For the task at hand, learning some PHP would be enough. You could probably find a PHP tutorial on conditional statements, connecting to a MySQL database, and getting any content from the database.

I suggest you to search in the script directory - scriptsdesk which is the best scripts directory that compiles and distributes Web programming-related resources,scripts, geared toward webmasters, developers and programmers looking for enhancing their Web sites and intranets with dynamic development tools.

I would think that you could write a PHP script that can do this for you.You really do not need a separate 'page' for each record, just use the query-string in the link to develop the page and retrieve the database information. To a search engine, the page would be accessible. This is one reason why scripting is important. You can build pages "on-the-fly" with query-strings and DB searches. Forums and Content Management Systems work exactly this way.