xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

Should I Change My Website's Name? Help? I wont be a teenager forever.

Hello... may I have some help? Recently... well, for a long time, I have changed my blog's name into my current signature. However, I will have to change it in a few years time, as I will no longer be a teenager. Even if I am in my early stages of being a teenager, I do not intend to die early and be a teenager for the rest of my life, and it may lose all it's SEO when I change the name. So... I have a question. Should I change my blog's name, and into what? Can someone help me? I need a title that is best for SEO, and tells what the website is about. :)I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now, but hopefully I'll be able to figure it all out.Thanks, Nameless_, the no longer nameless member of Xisto.

If you would like to play on words of your current web title, how aboutA Philosophical Blog of a Modern Bloggeror,A Philosophical Blog of a Modern Philosopher (or insert philosopher's name)You can choose your title for your own purpose or for SEO purpose. But I think you can name it whatever but do a good job in link exchanges with other bloggers. Then you can have all the backlinks you need to rise higher in search engines. Raise your pagerank by raising your backlinks.

if it were me, i would not only change the title, but the domain.

use your name domain for something else. maybe a personal blog.

create another domain that has 2-3 words in it and play on words for the title as BH suggested.

OR....i would create a subdomain or directory to host your blog....then you can have your 2-3 keyword phrase inside your link.

don't worry seo too much for "a philosophical blog of a modern teenager". it's too long of a keyword phrase. nobody is going to search for it even if it is recognized as a keyword phrase in the google serps. BUT! "philosophical blog" and "modern teenager" are good keywords within the title.

now if you do or don't change anything, always remember to enter your title keywords in to your blog posts somehow without it sounding unprofessional.

download a good seo plugin that will automatically create your important metatags for each page that is created....especially the title. you don't want the same title for each page. bad seo. your title for each page will usually be your blog post subject title. and again, fore each blog subject, you want to enter the title keywords in to your published post. VERY important for seo.

i would reconsider the domain your blog is hosted on. you have the credits to buy another one and i believe you can host up to 5 for the cheapie hosting. a domain should be chosen VERY carefully and cannot be done in a day. it takes research and thought.

If you would like to play on words of your current web title, how about
A Philosophical Blog of a Modern Blogger

or,

A Philosophical Blog of a Modern Philosopher (or insert philosopher's name)

You can choose your title for your own purpose or for SEO purpose. But I think you can name it whatever but do a good job in link exchanges with other bloggers. Then you can have all the backlinks you need to rise higher in search engines. Raise your pagerank by raising your backlinks.

Why don't you just call it, a philosophical blog, you keep it simple and no need of age transitions to bother at. It will be a philosophical (if it's ment to) blog even when you get old :) . or maybe you could specify some kind of philosophy. I think that it has its own branches.

If you would like to play on words of your current web title, how about
A Philosophical Blog of a Modern Blogger

or,

A Philosophical Blog of a Modern Philosopher (or insert philosopher's name)

You can choose your title for your own purpose or for SEO purpose. But I think you can name it whatever but do a good job in link exchanges with other bloggers. Then you can have all the backlinks you need to rise higher in search engines. Raise your pagerank by raising your backlinks.

Yeah, I have been raising my backlinks for a while. Hmm... If it's a "Modern" blogger, then I don't think the Blogger is needed. Maybe just "Philosophical Blog" would be nice. :) And Modern *my name here* is just plain weird. I really don't know who would call themselves that. :(

I've been looking for link exchanges, and so far... well, I've only got one in my blogroll, but so far, I don't think any blog has met my requirements to be put onto my blogroll. :P

if it were me, i would not only change the title, but the domain.
use your name domain for something else. maybe a personal blog.

create another domain that has 2-3 words in it and play on words for the title as BH suggested.

OR....i would create a subdomain or directory to host your blog....then you can have your 2-3 keyword phrase inside your link.

don't worry seo too much for "a philosophical blog of a modern teenager". it's too long of a keyword phrase. nobody is going to search for it even if it is recognized as a keyword phrase in the google serps. BUT! "philosophical blog" and "modern teenager" are good keywords within the title.

now if you do or don't change anything, always remember to enter your title keywords in to your blog posts somehow without it sounding unprofessional.

download a good seo plugin that will automatically create your important metatags for each page that is created....especially the title. you don't want the same title for each page. bad seo. your title for each page will usually be your blog post subject title. and again, fore each blog subject, you want to enter the title keywords in to your published post. VERY important for seo.

i would reconsider the domain your blog is hosted on. you have the credits to buy another one and i believe you can host up to 5 for the cheapie hosting. a domain should be chosen VERY carefully and cannot be done in a day. it takes research and thought.

Now I'm scared. And I'm scared of what? I'll be truthful. I'm scared of change. I'll tell you why.

1. I have received a number of comments from people that ARE from the philosophical field. If I change my domain, they won't be able to find it.

2. I have made some good backlinks. If I changed my domain, they will all be lost as well.

3. I will wreck up my change of domain name.

4. I will wreck everything. - including pages and all that. the links, I mean.

5. I will have to go to all the blog directories and change everything.

6. I will have to go to all the forums and change everything.

7. I am scared of change.

8. I want to get my name out. (A selfish purpose?)

9. I don't understand how Steve Pavlina made his blog so popular without naming his blog that has something to do with personal development and I would like to see if I can do the same, though I understand that I will probably fail.

10. I have more points but they take too long to write and they have temporarily escaped from my head.

Why don't you just call it, a philosophical blog, you keep it simple and no need of age transitions to bother at. It will be a philosophical (if it's ment to) blog even when you get old :D . or maybe you could specify some kind of philosophy. I think that it has its own branches.

Yes, philosophy does have it's own branches, but I dwell in everything philosophical. But I like your suggestion, and I will consider it. For now, however, I would like to see what anwii has to say to my points and I would also like to see other people's suggestions on my dilemma. :P

i was talking about an seo perspective only. the way you have your whole thing set up can only hurt. will never help. backlinks a vital as BH said, but it's not the number of backlinks, it's the backlinks that are related to your site. backlinks with some relevance. also, from a pr persepctive, being linked to a site with a pr 0 will not help you. you always have to link to a pr higher than yours. so not only relevent sites, but with a page rank higher than yours.for serps though, just concentrate on the relevant and related sites to link to. also, link exchanges aren't very wise. google has caught on. if you exchange links, google sees your site as less relevant since it's very easy just to exchange links. worked in the past.....not so much now...if you don't want to change anything, don't. i am sure it can still be successful. you will just have to work harder for your seo. that's all.also, if you are afraid of change, then you are afraid of life. gotta learn and grow somehow. that can only come from change. life is give and take. with every choice, we lose something....but hopefully gain something better. if you don't feel like risking anything, stay indoors and lock your door.as far as comparing yourself or something you do with someone else or what they have done.....DONT. find your own way that's best for YOU. like i said in another thread....when you are always living on someone elses advice, you're life really isn't yours....is it nameless.now our teen years are supposed to be the years when we get to know ourselves fully which stays with us for a lifetime....so with that frame of mind, you have an excuse not to change your title.whatever you decide, do it NOW. you should have thought about all this before hand...and now you're struggling. you fall in the trap as so many others have done in the past. you're learning though.guess what, you rank 8th for the keyword "modern teenager" it's also a good keyword in my opinion. also, other sites are linking to you that are in the top ten for that keyword.if you are so confused in what to do, you can always create another blog with a different domain when you hit 20....then link your old with the new.this is your first blog so you're not supposed to know everything. if you don't find your answers and still confused, keep it the way it is. it is still working for you....

Yes. I am afraid of change. I am also afraid of life, because life IS change. I won't deny that. I always had this problem. I left it for too long. And it is time to change the way I act in life. Why isn't anyone else replying? :P Anyway, let me reply to you first.

About my domain... well, I only set it up so that I can use the domain as an email provider. :) And THEN... I made it so that people can see my graphics, because I didn't want my domain to go to waste ONLY as an email provider. After that, however, I tried to integrate my blog on a page and not the front page, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. And that was when YOU came in, and told me that I should put the blog on my front page.

And that is how my blog became the blog it is today. It wasn't even meant to be serious. But now it is. It is a serious blog that updates regularly with crap seo by good content. It is a blog that I want to work on, and a blog that reveals my blog. My domain, what was meant to be nothing but a simple website or even just an email provider, became a serious blog that I have today.

So no. You're correct.
I didn't really think about it all that clearly.

OK... so let's say that I AM going to do what you are telling me to do. So far, I've always done what you told me to do. :(
But anyway.

Here are some problems:

1. What will happen to the backlinks?
2. What will my domain be for now?
3. How am I meant to go to every thing that I put my blog on and change the name?
4. How am I meant to keep the people that ARE reading my blog?
5. How am I meant to tell the world that my domain has changed?

:D 6. What domain am I meant to take?

I did a search on "modern teenager". And you were right. Unfortunately, I am NOT going to be a modern teenager forever. You know that. I know that. I don't like that, but that is reality.

SO.... how am I meant to keep the title? Keep up my seo?

:P Nameless_
(is still waiting for other people's replies)

i was talking about an seo perspective only. the way you have your whole thing set up can only hurt. will never help. backlinks a vital as BH said, but it's not the number of backlinks, it's the backlinks that are related to your site. backlinks with some relevance. also, from a pr persepctive, being linked to a site with a pr 0 will not help you. you always have to link to a pr higher than yours. so not only relevent sites, but with a page rank higher than yours.
for serps though, just concentrate on the relevant and related sites to link to. also, link exchanges aren't very wise. google has caught on. if you exchange links, google sees your site as less relevant since it's very easy just to exchange links. worked in the past.....not so much now...

if you don't want to change anything, don't. i am sure it can still be successful. you will just have to work harder for your seo. that's all.

also, if you are afraid of change, then you are afraid of life. gotta learn and grow somehow. that can only come from change. life is give and take. with every choice, we lose something....but hopefully gain something better. if you don't feel like risking anything, stay indoors and lock your door.

as far as comparing yourself or something you do with someone else or what they have done.....DONT. find your own way that's best for YOU. like i said in another thread....when you are always living on someone elses advice, you're life really isn't yours....is it nameless.

now our teen years are supposed to be the years when we get to know ourselves fully which stays with us for a lifetime....so with that frame of mind, you have an excuse not to change your title.

whatever you decide, do it NOW. you should have thought about all this before hand...and now you're struggling. you fall in the trap as so many others have done in the past. you're learning though.

guess what, you rank 8th for the keyword "modern teenager" it's also a good keyword in my opinion. also, other sites are linking to you that are in the top ten for that keyword.

if you are so confused in what to do, you can always create another blog with a different domain when you hit 20....then link your old with the new.

this is your first blog so you're not supposed to know everything. if you don't find your answers and still confused, keep it the way it is. it is still working for you....

i have given it some thought. i really do think you should keep it the way it is. i think you've done a really good job. i also feel it wont be your first and last internet project. no, you wont be a teenager forever. you are one NOW though and it's working for you and i woouldn't change it....well, maybe small changes here and there....but you get my point.sometimes....we all need to think about our future.....and sometimes, we should just live in the moment.....so no....don't change it. you've done an excellent job, nameless.....for a newbie :) just enjoy your blog instead of stressing over it. you've accomplished a lot

Now I am scared. anwii changing his mind? Did an alien crawl into your head and did something to it? Are you sure this is the best way to go? Please keep in mind that I haven't had any other opinions from other people just yet, and my backlinks aren't very good, as you may have noticed. :) I don't want you to get persuaded by my questions... But OK. So let's say that I keep things the way they are... Am I meant to change the title once I reach 20? :D By then, I "may" already have a moderate amount of readers... of course, they will go via my url and not my title, but I have to do the same thing all over again. Changing the name of links and all that, I mean. And I won't be able to change the trackbacks that I get from other people... well, not all of them, at least.I am not halfway through this road, and it is not too late to turn back. And you are right. If I am going to change, then I should change. NOW. But I don't know what I should do now.Are you sure you head is clear? It is rare to see anwii change his mind for some reason. Nameless_

i am clear....both ways. why i flipped it around is because when you bought the domain, whatever you put on it would be personal and that is something nobody should take away. people can guide you, but it's ultimately your choice. the questions you ask are allowing others to make the. you already know you sacrificed a little seo. so all you really have to decide without asking anyone....is it worth it to change and to sacrifice what you already have. that's it, nameless. nobody can make that choice for you.

i flipped it around because you have come a long way and i am personally proud of your accomplishments. remember. nothing will ever be perfect. and knowing you, if you try to seek perfection through your own eyes, you wil spend a lifetime seeking it where in the end, you have asked so many questions to get so many answers, nothing ever got done.

what happens when you turn 20? why don't you concetrate on what you are going to do THIS year. you are a teenager NOW. you aren't 20 yet. you aren't even close to being 20 yet. you're 3/4 of the way there. i personally feel you can do a lot with the keyword "modern teenager". you have 5 years to think about what you will do when you are 20.

changing my outlook doesn't mean i am confused. you are the one confused :D. it just means, i wouldn't to flip the coin on your thinking and give you yet something else to think about. i hope it doesn't kill you....

Now I am scared. anwii changing his mind? Did an alien crawl into your head and did something to it? Are you sure this is the best way to go? Please keep in mind that I haven't had any other opinions from other people just yet, and my backlinks aren't very good, as you may have noticed. :) I don't want you to get persuaded by my questions...
But OK. So let's say that I keep things the way they are... Am I meant to change the title once I reach 20? :( By then, I "may" already have a moderate amount of readers... of course, they will go via my url and not my title, but I have to do the same thing all over again. Changing the name of links and all that, I mean. And I won't be able to change the trackbacks that I get from other people... well, not all of them, at least.

I am not halfway through this road, and it is not too late to turn back. And you are right. If I am going to change, then I should change. NOW.
But I don't know what I should do now.

Are you sure you head is clear? It is rare to see anwii change his mind for some reason.

Nameless_

mm hello nameless :) i am off topic ehehe so you changed the name of your blog? mmmm its fine lolbut be sure to stick with that because i think always changing the name of a blog is a bad SEO habit so stick with that

ARGH!!!! You just killed me. A stab to my heart. A quick slash to my side and a big blow on my head. HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!! I am in need of the hospital and I need someone to carry me. You words has struck home and it is too late. I am dead.

I hate you, anwii. :) OK. I am at loss for words. Being proud of what I have done so far as a perfect perfectionist DOES NOT mean you have to flip things and be clear both ways and make me dead. :( Now I don't know what to do. Darn it. Why can't I be a teenager forever? :D Grrr. I guess life has to go on. :D

This is so sad. I don't know what to do now. I came here for advice and now I'm in an even more devastated state than ever before. :( Can you please answer my previous questions? Let's say that I DID change my domain. Then... what am I going to do with this site and other stuff?

:P :P :( Yes. I have 5 years. And 5 years of wasted SEO If I don't change. And yet, 5 years of a chance to get visitors through the "modern teenager" thing.

Can someone pleeeease help? I'm new to all this SEO stuff, and you probably have decades of experience. What would YOU do? (Let's say if you really changed the domain name or do something else. Not only what you would do, but if you change, what will you do to "clean up"?) Backlinks and all that?

i am clear....both ways. why i flipped it around is because when you bought the domain, whatever you put on it would be personal and that is something nobody should take away. people can guide you, but it's ultimately your choice. the questions you ask are allowing others to make the. you already know you sacrificed a little seo. so all you really have to decide without asking anyone....is it worth it to change and to sacrifice what you already have. that's it, nameless. nobody can make that choice for you.
i flipped it around because you have come a long way and i am personally proud of your accomplishments. remember. nothing will ever be perfect. and knowing you, if you try to seek perfection through your own eyes, you wil spend a lifetime seeking it where in the end, you have asked so many questions to get so many answers, nothing ever got done.

what happens when you turn 20? why don't you concetrate on what you are going to do THIS year. you are a teenager NOW. you aren't 20 yet. you aren't even close to being 20 yet. you're 3/4 of the way there. i personally feel you can do a lot with the keyword "modern teenager". you have 5 years to think about what you will do when you are 20.

changing my outlook doesn't mean i am confused. you are the one confused :D . it just means, i wouldn't to flip the coin on your thinking and give you yet something else to think about. i hope it doesn't kill you....

Can someone pleeeease help?

In my opinion, changing too much would be too much of a hassle. Change the name of the blog. Maybe to "A Philosophical Blog of a Modern (NATIONALITY)" Replacing Nationality with yours, i.e., American, German, etc.
But, what do I know...simple isn't always best.

Listen dude, whether you become an adult tomorrow or right now is not a big issue :)Keep it the way it is and let it grow. When you grow older, you have my word you will not outgrow it. With time, you'll improve a lot of your skills and there's nothing wrong in letting it be the way it stands then just telling people you've been around for quite sometime, since you were a teen...that will gain their confidence.secondly. yer...don't mess up the good foundation you've already built for yourself. Its the site that are most consistent that go the extra distance so don't temper with a strategy that seems to be working :Dbest wishes

Hmm... OK. I am deciding that I will keep the Modern Teenager thing, merely because it's ranking high on Google. First time ever. :) I think that's the only reason why people are coming in via Google, though I'm not sure. Unless they search for my name... which isn't likely at the moment. And great. anwii's not replying to me at my biggest moment of distress. :(:P:D