xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
uberadm

Hello! Uberadms Introduction

Hi, One of my close friends has been going on and on about how awesome this place is, so I decided to join and see what the big deal is.So far Xisto looks pretty cool. Almost free hosting, and place to talk about pretty much anything!So about me:In 2009 i finished my degree in Electrical Engineering with a specialization in Mechatronics. During my final years I built two robots. The first robot had 6 legs and a gait very similar to that of an elephant. It followed a line on the floor and could walk over or around objects where nessessary. The second was a wheeled robot which tracked its change in position using a combination of GPS and dead-reckoning techniques. The position of the robot was sent to a computer, where the route could be displayed on the monitor.In November last year I started working as a Hardware Design Engineer. I am part of a team which designs custom signal processing equipment.I have enjoyed learning a lot and gaining experience.I spend my weekdays coding in c++, c, asm and VHDL, and my weekends surfing the web, cooking, knitting, solving rubics' cubes, hiking and rock climbing. Of course, as any typical female, i definitely have time for shopping too! :) My operating system of choice is PC linux 2009, with anything debian-based a close second. I particularly enjoy using Gentoo at work.My belief in God is a very important part of my life, and I try to give Him glory in all I do. Without Christ my life would not be where it is today.

Edited by uberadm (see edit history)

Hi uberadm. Welcome to the forums of Xisto. You can earn mycent for posting quality posts that in the forum. To earn mycents you need to register at Xisto - Support.com/billing/ with the same email address that you used to sign up at forums. After a 5 hours your accounts will be linked and your mycents earned will appear under your avatar. The cheapest hosting package works out to about 2 dollars a month. 100 mycents = 1 dollar which is transferred into your Xisto Account. I see that you're a Bleach Fan , so am i! :)

Hey, welcome to Xisto and glad your friend told you about this site.
It's really cool how you created a robots and how fast can you beat the rubik cube? My fastest time was 1:36 but still suck though lol.

My best cube time is 1:14, although that was a couple of years ago. I'm not as fast now.

Hi uberadm. Welcome to the forums of Xisto. You can earn mycent for posting quality posts that in the forum. To earn mycents you need to register at Xisto - Support.com/billing/ with the same email address that you used to sign up at forums. After a 5 hours your accounts will be linked and your mycents earned will appear under your avatar. The cheapest hosting package works out to about 2 dollars a month. 100 mycents = 1 dollar which is transferred into your Xisto Account. I see that you're a Bleach Fan , so am i! :)

I signed up for Xisto a few days ago with the same email address, but i don't seem to be earning mycents :/
Is there anything else I need to do?

I'm a big fan of bleach, although recently I haven't had a very fast internet connection, so I haven't been able to keep up :D
I would like to start reading the manga, since its a bit less bandwidth intensive. But there's just so much I don't know where to start! What do you prefer? The anime or the manga?

My best cube time is 1:14, although that was a couple of years ago. I'm not as fast now.

I signed up for Xisto a few days ago with the same email address, but i don't seem to be earning mycents :/
Is there anything else I need to do?

I'm a big fan of bleach, although recently I haven't had a very fast internet connection, so I haven't been able to keep up :)
I would like to start reading the manga, since its a bit less bandwidth intensive. But there's just so much I don't know where to start! What do you prefer? The anime or the manga?

I would prefer that you should read the manga. You don't a fast connection, so you should go to a online viewing site like onemanga, mangafox, or mangavolume, just to name a few(google for more) and read Bleach (they have thousands of titles, you can choose somethings else like Naruto or One Piece) this way, you dont have to download and it works fast with my connection.

The other method is that you go to a site like mangashare or bleachfans (again, google for more) and choose Bleach and download the ones that you want, it might take a while (they're like 5 mb per chapter) and unzip them and then read 'em without the use of internet, so you don't have to wait for it to load.

If you see the anime, they're lots of fillers and they're very, very boring, but if you like the 'main' story most of the time , then read the manga.

ASM and VHDL? I could prolly look it up, but don't feel like it right now...so, what are they?
And, welcome to Xisto.

Asm is short for assembler, or assembly. It's a very low level language that is most often used to program embedded processors and other low level hardware. It is generally considered very tedious to use, and often is replaced by c where possible.

VHDL stands for VHSIC Hardware Description Language. It's used to program FPGAs and other Very High Speed ICs. These can be used in place of analogue/logic circuitry, making them a very common choice for implementing state machines and signal processing.

Hello uberadm. Welcome to Xisto.com. Please make sure you read the Xisto Readme file for Forum Rules, Hosting Account Information and alot more to do with Xisto.com. Most of all, I hope you enjoy your stay here with us, get posting and get into the community! :)

Oh, well hello there! Nice to meet you. Hope to see you around more.I'm new here as well... just signed up here. Someone told me it was one of, if the THE best site for free hosting. Haha. We shall see!

Hello uberadm. Welcome to Xisto.com. Please make sure you read the Xisto Readme file for Forum Rules, Hosting Account Information and alot more to do with Xisto.com. Most of all, I hope you enjoy your stay here with us, get posting and get into the community! :)

Thanks!
I've been trying to post more, but i only really can in the evenings, and then my husband usually hogs the internet!

Oh, well hello there! Nice to meet you. Hope to see you around more.
I'm new here as well... just signed up here. Someone told me it was one of, if the THE best site for free hosting. Haha. We shall see!

Yep, we shall see! Welcome to you too! Tell me more about yourself, did you post an intro?

Welcome, nice to meet you! Looking forward to see you post more.
Wow your introduction was very good and long :D

Thanks!
Initially my intro was much shorter, but my best friend was urging me to make it longer to earn more MyCents! I don't normally write so much about myself. :(

Hi this is Eileen from CA, i love partying. freaking and making friends..!!
Eileen

Hi Eileen! Nice to meet you!
I'm from South Africa! Whats it like in CA?

Welcome to Xisto, Please make sure you read the rules and every thing about mycents. Both of these will help you get along with the forum members and earn you the most from your posts. No cheating.