xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
knoppixusr

How Our Brain Perceive Time.

Have you ever wondered why it feels like time is going so slow when you are still little but gains momentum as you get older.Well one reason for this is, that our brains slow down as we get older and become slower. I have an example, As a younger person I have perceived how an older person is slower at clicking on icons on the computer. When i stand behind someone of double my age using the computer. They might go okay let met start up a certain program but in my mind while they are still looking and processing where the icon is to click. i have already found the icon and is saying in my mind "there it is click it". The reason for this is because their mind is slowed down and takes longer to created thoughts. To the older person he/she probably don't even realize the difference in time. So for someone thrice my age a day might feel like a couple of hours. I remember when i was still younger when a day felt much longer than it feels now. Now a day feels like a hour compared to my childhood.What are your views on this ?

I have always noticed this , but there is a logical reason to it as when we are little we are always learning new things that keeps our mind free and calm, as you notice things but to the older person , he/she already learnt everything and probably has more pressure/tension than child does and probably has a tight schedule. When we get older, we also learn about time and have short it is , also that we should keep up. It's really a sense of maturity. :)

In my opinion this is something related to relativity theory by Einstein. Sometimes time seems to pass fast and this happens when you work, or are busy doing lots of things and have no time for staying or thinking. Other times when you get bored because you have nothing to do, time never gets. So when you are a child in general you have nothing to do, you have no obligations, you don't have to go school, or just have little problems to concern with. And when you get old things change and you got in trouble and have to work yourself out. Same thing happens when you get old, you become inactive. It's just about you thinking of it. If you think time never finishes.

I don't think this deals with our brains perceiving time on their own or even with our help. This sounds more of the case being not using one's brain enough, or not keeping up with the times quick enough. Think about it, twice your age, thrice even? Were computers even around when they were your age now? It just so happens that you grew up around the time that technology was growing to where it is now. Of course, i'm assuming you are at most in your twenties, maybe thirties.Your body will wear down as time goes by, but there are ways to reduce the impact age has on your body. For example, stretching every day will allow you to bend and reach down with less if any trouble when you get older. Many of the wisest thinkers took their wisdom to their old age—they may have had nothing better to do than to think about things all day, though. Excel while you are young, and you'll take much of it with you when you are old.

my view is that i really feel sorry for you that you can think lessor of a person on a subject that you are good or better at. personally, i think i might be older than you. and i also think that if we had a contest....you would be slower in the things i am good at.....but oh....that wasn't the topic of the post. it was how a younger person is faster in the things THEY know....what a joke.....

my view is that i really feel sorry for you that you can think lessor of a person on a subject that you are good or better at. personally, i think i might be older than you. and i also think that if we had a contest....you would be slower in the things i am good at.....but oh....that wasn't the topic of the post. it was how a younger person is faster in the things THEY know....
what a joke.....

Lol, Oh anwiii you really spice up this forum you know.... Many times, you seem to take the lowest point of view with people. I was quite amused with the results when i searched the forum to see who who likes to flame the most around here.

Sir, you can keep your pity because I was not thinking lessor of anyone. In actual fact i have allot of respect for the older person with whom I noticed this, I also think he knows more about computers in certain areas than i do now, so that should have balanced things out... The whole topic is about how we all have old age to look forward to, because at some stage our minds start slowing down. God willing I will also someday reach your age ;-) ... by then my mind will be slower at creating new thoughts compared to myself today.

It's what you are doing vs. what you will soon be doing that created that "time slowness" which occurred when we were younger. Sitting in class sucked, getting out of class and going to hang out with friends didn't suck.If you think we didn't experience the "fast days" syndrome when we were children, just think about how fast summer vacation always seemed to pass us by. This was especially true for those of us who live in seasonal areas.Hell, even now it seems to me that winter is always ten times longer than summer and I'm 32.The fact is when you get older you really just have less to look forward too. If we all had the entire summer off, while getting paid, I think we'd find that suddenly the rest of our "work year" went a bit slower. Generally however the lives most of us lead in our adult years are mostly the same routine, day in and day out. Eat, work, sleep, rinse and repeat. We get small breaks here and there, but usually only use those to take care of other responsibilities outside of our work related ones. And if you have kids, forget about it!