xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kshan

Yahoo Pipe

Have anyone used Yahoo pipe in their application(java). If yes, I would really appreciate if you can send me some poc or sample code.

Just to brief you about yahoo pipe:

Yahoo! Pipes is a web application from Yahoo! that provides a graphical user interface for building data mashups that aggregate web feeds, web pages, and other services, creating Web-based apps from various sources, and publishing those apps. The application works by enabling users to "pipe" information from different sources and then set up rules for how that content should be modified (for example, filtering).

A typical example is New York Times through Flickr,[1] a pipe which takes The New York Times RSS feed and adds a photo from Flickr based on the keywords of each item. The site is currently in beta.

Notice from rvalkass:
Anything copied needs Quoting

You want readymade code mate ? Sorry for that, you've to read Yahoo pipes docs and work on it on your own. Look at the samples created on yahoo developer network and find your own way to make your apps. Nobody will send you the readymade code, if anyone is there to make you readymade code for free. Let me know i'll PM and i can get my work done.

Yes, I was hoping if anyone can point me at some of the yahoo's sample code base or their personal samples. If no one shares their work, then there would be no open-source in this world. And I still belive in the strong developer community, where one person help the other one to get started on the new technologies.Anyways, if any one want to get some fo the java-j2ee samples, I would be more than happy to help them. Please let me know. If I don't have them, I'll find it out for you. Give me some time and I'll publish the yahoo Pipe sample blog. Thank you.-Cashyup

There are plenty of Pipes developed by others in the community available for browsing on the Yahoo Pipes own website (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). From what I have been able to gather, you are free to copy, modify and expand on other developer's existing Pipes, so that would be the best place to start if you are trying to understand the mechanisms behind each pipe and apply it into your our custom Pipe.From my personal experience, I have found the Yahoo Pipes framework difficult to work with in certain situations, apart from combining RSS feeds into a single feed.