xisto Community
web_designer

Lost In Trap17...help From Admin Please

h everyone and happy new year for all...i'm new to trap 17, i loved the system of forum posting and the hosting pla alot, when i began to post and participate i even loved it more, now i earned 2$ and i want to request for a free domain but i don't know from where to start also i want to know from your experience which is the best hosting packet for me my website is a wordpress blog or from we can i see the packets offers...thanks in advance...

Welcome to Xisto Matey, Good to hear you love participating and have already earned $2! Now for the domain you will need to go to here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, It explains how to get it and set it up. Hosting for a wordpress blog you will not need a lot of bandwidth nor hard drive space. So go for the Linux Hosting page at the cost of $1.95 a month! If you need anything else ask here or make a support ticket on the Xisto Purchase area, I am sure you will see it.

thank you, you helped me a lot, but i have a question about the hosting plan, does linux means that the platforum is like linux or anything associated to linux because i did not familiar working on linux i use window or WAMP not lamp also , i already have a domain name so what is your suggestion now??i got that message (The domain you entered is not valid # ) when i tried to transfer my domain name to xistomay be because i already put another hosting name (my old one ) in the domain dns am i on the right way?? please helpmay be if i change the hosting to trap it will workbut from where can i get the dns of Xisto???

You need nameserver details for Xisto - Web Hosting ?

here you go : ns.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com, these two are the nameserver details that you need to enter into the domain registrars nameserver details. That will solve your problem.

does linux means that the platforum is like linux or anything associated to linux because i did not familiar working on linux i use window or WAMP not lamp also , i already have a domain name so what is your suggestion now??

Operating system on server is linux that makes it linux server and that's what you call LAMP. And OS if windows then that makes Windows server and that's what you call it WAMP. LAMP or linux server is not that hard as you think. Google for "cpanel" and read some tutorial that is enough to learn about working on linux server provided here.

Or if you have more mycents or money then you can have the windows server. But i suggest sticking with linux server as there is nothing hard to learn and performance wise and opensouorce apps support for linux server is good.

By the way, just seen your first post again, you said you earned 2$MyCent, and how come you can buy domain with that ? I'm not sure if system allows that but even if it allows that i think it's better to earn 10$Mycent atleast before making purchase. And as far as hosting package is concerned, purchase Logic Plan 1GB HD-space/10GB BW. That will do for now. Logic plan costs 1.95$mycents and i think you should accumulate mycents more before purchasing that.

web_designer,Please use Xisto Readme for all basic information regarding our forum and hosting.You probably couldn't transfer your domain name to xisto due to 1) your current registrar has not authorized you to transfer your domain, 2) your domain nameserver is not set to Xisto - Web Hosting.

By the way, just seen your first post again, you said you earned 2$MyCent, and how come you can buy domain with that ? I'm not sure if system allows that but even if it allows that i think it's better to earn 10$Mycent atleast before making purchase.
And as far as hosting package is concerned, purchase Logic Plan 1GB HD-space/10GB BW. That will do for now. Logic plan costs 1.95$mycents and i think you should accumulate mycents more before purchasing that.

sorry for being not clear my domain is a free domain in co.cc not buy it from here so i just want to make my hosting here to connect to it and make my domain point to my hosting here , thank you to your suggestions about the hosting plan a lot of members adviced me the same and i'll take it, also i'm not worry about mycents at all, because i know i can increase them just by posting and i really love posting here, thanks again, for your reply, and to everyone else

sorry for being not clear my domain is a free domain in co.cc not buy it from here so i just want to make my hosting here to connect to it and make my domain point to my hosting here , thank you to your suggestions about the hosting plan a lot of members adviced me the same and i'll take it, also i'm not worry about mycents at all, because i know i can increase them just by posting and i really love posting here, thanks again, for your reply, and to everyone else

ahh so that's it.
co.cc is a redirect, not an actual domain. in order to use your current co.cc address you will need to first get a Xisto subdomain, after you have done this you will need to

1) go to http://www.co.cc/
2) log in with your Email address and password

you will then see your domain listed

3) click on it then click set up

if your domain is set to redirection then you can just change the address in the box to your Xisto address, after your done your old address will redirect to your new one.
Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

ahh so that's it.

co.cc is a redirect, not an actual domain. in order to use your current co.cc address you will need to first get a Xisto subdomain, after you have done this you will need to

1) go to http://www.co.cc/

2) log in with your Email address and password

you will then see your domain listed

3) click on it then click set up

if your domain is set to redirection then you can just change the address in the box to your Xisto address, after your done your old address will redirect to your new one.

i am really now get confused, does co.cc not considered as an actual domain?? and now when i am ordering the host i choose this option (I want to transfer my domain to Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto)

and it doesn't work

so there is these two options

(I want Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) to register a new domain for me.)

and (I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.)

so which one i should choose?? to continue the forums??

OK, web_designer, I see that you are very confused here, so I will attempt to get you out of your confusion.co.cc IS considered as a domain, but I see that you want to move your hosting to Xisto. You also want to move your domain from whatever hosting company that you have joined to Xisto. Is that correct?So it's co.cc and hosting to Xisto. Okay...To move your co.cc domain into Xisto, you will have to change the Domain Nameservers. The domain nameservers of Xisto are, as mahesh2k had said: ns.computinghost.com ns2.computinghost.comOnce you have done that, you can easily add your domain from Xisto's cpanel.But to get your cpanel, you have to buy hosting. Currently, the only hosting that you can afford is the logic plan, which is $1.95 for a month. To order it, log in into your Billing and Support Centre, where you first joined to get your myCENTS, and then on the right side of the page, you should be able to see a link "Order" or something like that to make your order.After that, order your hosting package on the linux server (I will explain more later), and tick the cheapest package, as that is the only one that you can use. You should be mailed for more information after that, if you registered your hosting properly. Now for the linux server, it just means that the server is linux. It has nothing to do with you. You just do whatever you usually do, and it will be fine. I don't exactly know why the linux server is more recommended, but it is, and that is what I use as well. You don't have to worry about anything, as you do not need to know anything about linuxes.It just means that the "computer" that hosts your website is of a linux make...Any more questions?Also... just read your post. No, co.cc isn't a proper domain. It is just a free domain name provided my co.cc. You cannot register co.cc anywhere else. However, you do not have to register co.cc, as you already have to domain co.cc. All you have to do is to point your domain nameservers (DNS) to Xisto, like I said above. When you order for your hosting package, you don't order the domain with it.You only order the hosting package, and you put in your co.cc domain as a domain that comes with it. Do you understand?

i am really now get confused, does co.cc not considered as an actual domain??

co.cc and .tk and some other free domains are considered as domains, not sure what you mean by actual domains. these free domains are not used by serious business or professional people. So we suggest here not to use it. Afterall it's your choice to use it or not. SEO wise these free domains are not helping out at all. Very less sites are crawled by search engines if these domains are used by bloggers or website owners. If possible get some good domain for yourself. if .com is not available then use atleast .info or .biz or .bz or .im etc for use, using .co.cc, or cjb.net has no advantage in terms of SEO but loss.

co.cc and .tk and some other free domains are considered as domains, not sure what you mean by actual domains. these free domains are not used by serious business or professional people. So we suggest here not to use it. Afterall it's your choice to use it or not. SEO wise these free domains are not helping out at all. Very less sites are crawled by search engines if these domains are used by bloggers or website owners. If possible get some good domain for yourself. if .com is not available then use atleast .info or .biz or .bz or .im etc for use, using .co.cc, or cjb.net has no advantage in terms of SEO but loss.

this is a good point of view, in fact i didn't put that in mind before all i want it is to have my own address with no hosting domain before, may be i will think of get a sub domain from here, but can any one give me examples of the sub domain in Xisto what will look like, it will be more better if anyone have his blog hosted here, thanks to all of you

I'm not sure about how many subdomains available as of now for both Xisto and Xisto. But you can get yourname.trap17.com subdomain. And to cler your confusion about subdomain ranking and top-level domain. You can add-on your new domain to Xisto cpanel setup. That way you can register for subdomain and later purchase and then in cpanel you can add the domain and then from there you can begin with the installation of scripts or site whatever you want.So steps are: register for sub-domain package at Xisto. Then select domain name (.com or .net etc). After that you can "Add-on" domain to the cpanel. This will setup things for you.

I'm not sure about how many subdomains available as of now for both Xisto and Xisto. But you can get yourname.trap17.com subdomain. And to cler your confusion about subdomain ranking and top-level domain. You can add-on your new domain to Xisto cpanel setup. That way you can register for subdomain and later purchase and then in cpanel you can add the domain and then from there you can begin with the installation of scripts or site whatever you want.
So steps are: register for sub-domain package at Xisto. Then select domain name (.com or .net etc). After that you can "Add-on" domain to the cpanel. This will setup things for you.

thanks a lot for your help, i finally made my mind and register in xinto and now i am waiting for my hosting to be activated, i will took a quick tour in cpanal and i find it simple and easy to use, of course maybe i will be lost again, ( i hope not... ), but i really find everyone here very cooperative, now i can say that i am really glade to join your forums...