xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Networking Windows 7 and XP computers Connect Two Computers

Networking Windows 7 and XP computersConnect Two ComputersI am setting up a home network using 2 WIN7 PCs and a WIN7 wi-fi Laptop. No problem.However, my wife has a XP machine and wants access to some of the files (photos) and my Outlook calender on the WIN7 machines. Can this be done by sharing drive C on WIN7 PCs and and maping those drives on the XP machine? Anyone done this?I've done it with XP machines but not with both WIN 7 and XP machines.-question by Kirk

i have shared a drive/ folder between 2 computers. Windows 7 - Windows Vista . Windows XP - Windows Vista. ! so i im pretty sure its gonna work for the WIN7 and WINxP. Navigate to the folder which you want to share and right click and go to SHARING , then share button, then set the settings to sharing with everyone and then connect both of the computer with a LAN cable or WIFI , then go to search then type in //computernamehere and you should see your files!

Networking Windows 7 and XP computers

Connect Two Computers

I am setting up a home network using 2 WIN7 PCs and a WIN7 wi-fi Laptop. No problem. However, my wife has a XP machine and wants access to some of the files (photos) and my Outlook calender on the WIN7 machines. Can this be done by sharing drive C on WIN7 PCs and and maping those drives on the XP machine? Anyone done this? I've done it with XP machines but not with both WIN 7 and XP machines. -question by Kirk

The same way I have done as deadmad7 descibed.just we have to fix some setting of file sharing like each machine should assign 1-1 Ip address and Subnetmask.and you have to share your folder.It works.