xisto Community
Unknown_99

What Was Your First Mmorpg And Experience?

Well this thread is about What was your first MMORPG and how was your experience while playing it, if you happen to remember.Well my first MMORPG was Graal Online, its a very cutesy game with similar tile sets to that of Zelda games on the Super Nintendo. The game back then was rather large in population like 1000-3000 players and well we could say the behavior of the population was rather... untamed, well this was on their free servers such as Unholy Nation. But the game was made for everyone young and adult alike even though you would come across the usual threats you have within most MMOs so one would have to be careful on whom they trust etc. I made quite a few friends on Unholy Nation back then and actually lovers, I could see how naive I was back then as the I was just a kid and what do I know about love? Besides that, it had quests, pvp, events and tournaments that allow you to win things that made you just ever a little better than the other guy. But not all free servers on graal online were the same, every server had its own uniqueness even though they were utilizing the same tile set, some had classes, some had epic stories and these free servers could be placed up by just anyone that was approved by the owners of Graal Online which was pretty neat. But after a while I purchased for the Gold Servers as I wanted to play the updated version of Graal Online, which was much bigger people and better graphics, well of course I was psyched as my guy actually looked like a person and not a chibi teddy bear body character wielding a sword. On those servers it was tough to coop though since I was rather young and I didn't really understand what I was to be doing so it was more or less just me walking around and creating weapons. Hehe, but the game had classes even though I didn't really see the difference between them back then but maybe Graal Online is still around but I doubt it has that much members anymore especially with the new type of games out today, MMO wise. But because of Graal Online it really pushed me into liking MMOs as I really liked playing with others than just being solo play.

hmm... well not an MMO but Runescape was one of my first RPGs.Runescape, in my opinion, is nothing compared to MMORPGs :)I joined when their graphics sucked, about 4 years ago... it sucked. Yup.So I quit when I saw an ad for Bots! by Acclaim Games. Again, not really an RPG but it was massive and addictive until you got to like level 75... then I quit.I participated in several forums, and joined a wi-fi battle clan for Nintendo DS/Wii. Then someone recommended for me to play Fiesta Online, a true MMORPG.From then on, I was playing Fiesta Online, until I eventually grew tired of it.Heres my story:I started Fiesta Online as a fighter, then someone told me to become a cleric, so I did. After all, fighters were boring in lower levels, and cleric seemed like a good class and fun because you got to heal other players in their needy times :D When I got to around lvl 30's, I joined a clan... and found out that I've added wrong stats to my cleric... I added a few Dexterity points (for archers). Oh noes! :(It was my FIRST MMORPG so I guess this is what most n00bs go through, they add to wrong stats and stuff.Luckily there was an event and I was able to win a cash item to reset my stat points ^^At around lvl 45 on my cleric, I joined a clan. I've always been good at administrating and overseeing members, so thats what I told myself I wanted to do.. be a guild admin. I earned it by making a freewebs site for the guild (lol).Also around this time, the cleric population was like 60% of all players, and nobody needed a cleric. It was ridiculous, all the lower level clerics got parties because they "consumed less exp"... whatev.So then I made a mage. Got it to lvl 2x and stopped because class change was too hard.But when I got to like level 60 everything for clerics became boring, so I quit.After a few months, I came back. Eventually got my cleric to lvl 7x and mage is at lvl 6x right now ^^Fiesta Online was fun, but now with all the new [GM]'s and new items, low-lvl bonuses and the class change is like 2 million times easier, its boring. The n00bs who play it now are loaded with free cash items that they use. Such privilage that us higher levels didnt have. They level up 50x faster than us and call us "noobs" because we're still at this level.So I quit forever.Ive made quite a few friends, though ^^

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

Nexia Online (though i heard it was called nexus on other countries... :P ) but okay, it was a good-for-nothing game stories so let's skip to the next game :) I played ragnarok online back then, still the best online rpg games around here that i enjoyed playing it :( (if only those bot are not there, in the official servers that is)My favorite (and kind of 'always') job/class is 'priest' with the support type :PDon't know why, i just loved the way of healing random people (and giving 'increase agility' skill) at that time, and it still stuck as my habit until now. :DIt was fun, i got many friends and parties (well it was easy, i just have to create a party with flat experience rate then sit in front of the dungeon), until comes the time where it became a pay-to-play game. I'm just a kid and i don't have the money to play it, so i quit lol.Years later it become free-to-play again (maybe because they realize that it is the most favoured way around here), i tried to play again, laughing at myself that i forgot my acc and create another new one.I thought it would be fun, but it wasn't. Now almost 80% among the low-leveled players (say, between 1-75) are using bot.And worse, now my favourite class now being used just for helping the bot with their buffs, or as a bot until they achieve at least level 60 to be a battle priestI can't find any fun anymore. So this time I quit, totally.

Pen and paper RPGs starting with the second version of the Basic D&D game. the red box with cover art by Erol Otus. That was 78 or 79. Stopped playing PnP RPGs when I moved to Kentucky several years ago, nobody remotely close in distance to play, let alone age. My first MMO experience was Jan 2000 when I picked up the Everquest/Kunark bundle for cheap. Started a human warrior in Freeport, logged in at night, no manual inbox, no idea how to chat, no idea how to equip weapon, no idea how to fight, no idea how to swim when falling in a shallow puddle.

Runescape too was my first massively multiplayer online role playing game that I played, at a time when everyone at school was also playing the game. Looking back now, I probably spent too much time trying to level up my character's mining skills to level 69 than actually playing and enjoying the game through a variety of missions etc. To me now, the game is very old and redundant now, with its very simple and archaic graphics system that looks really bad compared to the modern MMORPGs that have pixel-perfect visuals and surrounding sounds. I suppose it is not that bad, considering Runescape runs with minimal size in a browser when comparing with multi-gigabyte sizes of modern MMORPGs.I also have played Maplestory, another MMORPG that is free to play (unless you want to purchase exclusive items from the Cash Shop). This side-scrolling MMORPG has quite good graphics and music + SFX sounds, with a variety of unique quests and items available in-game. However, I finally left and quit the game after finding too hard and time consuming to level up my character, as leveling required on the repetitive hunting of monsters and completion of quests in order to gain EXPerience points to level up the character. It almost become like a significant number of hours before being able to level up in the game. Not bad overall, but just too much intensive training and levelling and not enough real fun in the game.

maplestory is the first MMORPG game that I played well my cousin did just influenced me and i really like itits a 2D (2 Dimensional) side scrolling game yes you don't need to use the mouse at all :) you only usethe arrow keys and some keys in the keyboard its a simple game yetit is so popular and the reason why I am addicted into it is because I love chibis and I also watch the maplestory animeits great :D, theres also a lot of map in maple story, alot monster with pet system, also in 4th Job.I became a guild master in these because once in my life I became a top gamer XD yea not that addicted.

World of warcraft here. I hit seventy and then bought wrath and hit eighty. But in the end I got bored like I do with every game. They should develop a never ending game with never ending content. If only. The time I spent enjoying WoW was awesome. If you play the game don't hit max level!

My first MMORPG experience began with the game Runescape. I joined this game back in 2004, late december or early November, sometime around then. I thought it was really boring and hard to play at first, because I was stuck on tutorial island for about 3 days, *embarrassed*Anyways, after I finally got off the tutorial island, I really enjoyed playing the game. I became a member sometime in 2005, and I was a member for a few years. It was a really fun game back then, before they messed everything up.The wild was removed in 2007, and it made a lot of people quit.

My first MMORPG is Ragnarok and this was about 6-7years ago. It was a revolution back then in the Philippines where people are used to playing LAN games like CS, Diablo and Starcraft. (I know there are internet versions of these games but the fastest Internet Speed we had was like 512 Kbps. Not that fast, I know.) I was in college during those years and the golden age of the 2nd wave of animes making Ragnarok's cutie characters adorable. I started out with an Assassin character, then changed to a Blacksmith. I flunked my Calculus, which I had to retake. I barely attend classes and all those crazy stuffs kids do when they're addicted to these type of games. Me and my ragnarok buddies barely eat lunch and focused more on the characters. Those were the heydays of Pinoy online gaming. If you ever visit philippines, you won't meet a gamer (around the age of 20 and above) that hasn't played Ragnarok. What got me to stop from playing? Well. I have a college scholarship that needs tending, I was forced to study and all. And when the new 3d and more realistic games like MU Online and RF Online came, Ragnarok started to become a joke. To this day, there are still hardcore Ragnarok players out there. Most of there characters, though, leveled through the use of Bots. Of course you get banned by using bots but that was before, the Game Masters are now lenient to keep people from playing the games. Sometimes when i log into the game, there are around 3K+ people. And 2 years ago, when Valkyrie Server was opened, we got around 10K or so people playing. Anyway, I'm now playing SouthEast Asia's version of 2Moons, Dekaron. It's a great game but I play it on weekends or after work to lessen stress and it's working for me. No more winning and PKing like before just plain fun with the game.

My first MMORPG game was Mage Knight Apocalypse and i was playing it about one year and it started to get bored and i remove it like every game i do. :P Also i was playing WoW on my own offline server because i didn't had internet then... about one year of that gaming and now i am not playing anything. :angel:

Edited by Бојан (see edit history)

My very first MMORPG was actually RuneScape. After that I fell in love with Lineage II (in 2004) and have played every MMORPG released since then (at least the U.S. ones) -- both free-to-play and paid. So far nothing has been able to top Lineage II though.

My first MMORPG ended up being my longest MMORPG experience. Back in 2004/2005, one of my friends introduced me into a game called MapleStory which had me hooked on forever. Actually, it was more like 4 years but I really liked the game. The game kind of died socially after around v.75 but I really enjoyed the experience. I still communicate with some friends that I made on Maplestory on facebook. Its been around 2 years since I quit and I still keep in contact with my friends that I have made on Maplestory.

My first MMORPG was Helbreath, long time ago (around 7 years ago). In that time the game was a beta version and free. Later I play in private servers but eventually that servers go down so I quit that game.The game was really good in Pvp. If you wanna see how was the gameplay you coul watch this video:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/