xisto Community
ultrasmad

Java editor

I thought the topic was about Java Script???O yeah, although they share the same names, Java and Javascripts are totally different.Java are for web applets and Javascript is to add interation and dynamic into your website.Notepad is good for editing HTML and Javascript and cool for coding Java.

Notepad is fine. But you need to have a compiler for Java applets. Also, for Javascript, you have to embed it into a HTML file. Java Scripts aren't standalone webpages.Java scripts are usually placed between the <head></head> tags. Javascript is very powerful and can some of the vital stuff PHP can do. If you are keen on learning programming, Javascript is your first stop. By the way, in Javascript, you don't need an external compiler. You just need to save your file as a .html file and run it in IE.-Shackman

GVIM has everything you need (it's my main editor), but really if you need Strong java editor you can use:- free JCreator LE- I've never used it, but I heard that is very fast- free Eclipse from IBM if you can configure it- IDEA - not free, but very very good!- JBuilder from Borland (big and slow)- JDeveloper from Oracle (if you need write under Oracle - ver 9.0.5.2 is very nice)Tom

Notepad > anything

@_@ Just lay it out correctly, otherwise all you have is lines of confusion*..

note: I do not have any java script knowlege, I'm just going by what I know about html and stuff