xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Xalor

Just A Sugesstion

I don't know where this actually belongs. I believe that the GFXTrap Section should have post count, and added to myCENTS because I believe that is the reason no one posts there and is become kind of dead nowadays. Its also at the very bottom, and few people go down to the bottom, they only post on the recent topics in the forum. If thats possible it could build up the GFX section because a lot of the people who want hosting and also design their own sites and use it as a way to show their own talent. The GFX section could be huge if we let it have post counts.

I agree with both aspects, and also to add to the fact that the forum is at the bottom.I just had two or three people who i was talking to have NO IDEA there was an SOTW occurring. I think graphics could be great for Xisto, like it used to be, it just seems to be.. hidden.

If i'm not mistaken, the only section in the GFXTrap section that has a no post count is the sigs forum—most of the others should generate credit. The reason was due to low post quality from most members that post there. To make it count posts again and generate credit, we would have to evaluate current postings from most of the recent posts (which could go as back as a few months) and see if the posting quality has improved to a level of acceptance. Posting an image and saying, "Can i get some feedback?" is not a quality post. Members that come from other graphics forums into this one tend to not have much to say (as a lot of times there really isn't much to say about an image or work of art), so deeper motivation for quality posts is bound to be required for the sigs section.Concerning moving the GFXTrap forum up, for consistency's sake, you would have to move up the entire "Xisto Network" section—which i kind of agree should be done. I think the "Xisto Network" section should be placed under the "Main" section.

I assumed you couldn't move it up because it was part of the XISTO network, however if you do notice ipbgaming is down, imagefilez is down, and a couple of other ones really don't need their own forums, and the overall xisto network should be pruned and changed since its pretty empty down there, and the GFX crew basically hangs around the sig section mostly mostly because thats what we know and use. Website GFX pretty much goes in the in the Internet part, and the GFX section gets ignored.

Moving to The GFXTrap Forum - Xisto Graphics Site ? Graphics Crew ? Current ProjectsI'm thinking this should be where all GFX Crew can discuss and respond.Regarding moving GFX section.OpaQue decided to arrange the forum and sequence as what we see now, probably with a good reason. And so I cannot really move the topic without his consent. But moving the forum around isn't that difficult. But OpaQue is the master at SEO and everything, I mean everything he does for this forum is all about SEO first. So I'm sure he has a good reason why he has the way it is. (Confusing much? :))

Moving to The GFXTrap Forum - Xisto Graphics Site ť Graphics Crew ť Current Projects
I'm thinking this should be where all GFX Crew can discuss and respond.

Regarding moving GFX section.

OpaQue decided to arrange the forum and sequence as what we see now, probably with a good reason. And so I cannot really move the topic without his consent.

But moving the forum around isn't that difficult. But OpaQue is the master at SEO and everything, I mean everything he does for this forum is all about SEO first. So I'm sure he has a good reason why he has the way it is. (Confusing much? :) )

I understand what you mean. No matter what the point is about more myCENTS, his goal is still getting revenue to support the free servers. He really is a master of SEO (thats Search Engine Optimization right?), since when I search my name or my forum name actually I get Xisto, even other links about my sites comes up with Xisto before my other stuff, sometimes before my own Twitter account, same name. So I guess if he moved the GFX Section up the links would change and it would mess up the SEO layout? Oh that means we're out of the Staff Section?

well the post count will be great :) but its not that hard to find the section, i found it on the second day =) but it would have been better if it were like after the computer section or internet section...