xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Confused111

Help! Log-in Crisis!

Okay, I tried opening up my desktop but an owner thing comes up. I click on it and the desktop background is shown for a millisecond and then it logs me out! I tried F11 and I clicked the advanced tab and the "supervisor password" and "user password" are not installed. Is my computer done and over? I don't know what else to do!! :)

Your problem doesn't sound like any operating system i know of. The mention of a shortcut key followed by some kind of tabbed interface only causes more ambiguity. In order to help, more information is required.

Your problem doesn't sound like any operating system i know of. The mention of a shortcut key followed by some kind of tabbed interface only causes more ambiguity. In order to help, more information is required.

I have an hp pavilion computer. Okay so usually whenever I start up my computer, the desktop appears. However now, there is an "owner" account when it says "Welcome". Since I had no other choice, I clicked it and automatically, I am logged back out to the "owner" account with the "welcome" sign. I tried restarting and pressing F8 but my computer will not go in safe mode. I tried going into the recovery console and it asks for the administrator password and I never installed one; so I kept pressing ENTER but to no avail. I don't know what else to do :-(

I have an hp pavilion computer. Okay so usually whenever I start up my computer, the desktop appears. However now, there is an "owner" account when it says "Welcome". Since I had no other choice, I clicked it and automatically, I am logged back out to the "owner" account with the "welcome" sign. I tried restarting and pressing F8 but my computer will not go in safe mode. I tried going into the recovery console and it asks for the administrator password and I never installed one; so I kept pressing ENTER but to no avail. I don't know what else to do :-(

Not being able to enter safe mode sounds more than just a simple validation problem. I'm not sure how old this system is, or what happened before this problem started occurring, and while i would rather leave reinstalling the entire system as a last resort, if the current system is not letting you do anything, then i would suggest using another system, if any (which it sounds like you do have another one). I've always been able to enter into safe mode, so i've never had the problem you have.
If you don't have any important files in there, then just reinstall the system. HP should be able to help you out here. The Windows activation key should be labeled somewhere on that computer in case you need it. If you have some files you would like to keep, then i would suggest pulling out the hard drive (if possible) and put it in another system and take what you need. Then put the hard drive back and reinstall Windows.

I, unfortunately, am not able to provide any further assistance, due to lack of experience. So, if what has been mentioned is not possible for you, then you'll have to wait for someone else to respond.

Not being able to enter safe mode sounds more than just a simple validation problem. I'm not sure how old this system is, or what happened before this problem started occurring, and while i would rather leave reinstalling the entire system as a last resort, if the current system is not letting you do anything, then i would suggest using another system, if any (which it sounds like you do have another one). I've always been able to enter into safe mode, so i've never had the problem you have.
If you don't have any important files in there, then just reinstall the system. HP should be able to help you out here. The Windows activation key should be labeled somewhere on that computer in case you need it. If you have some files you would like to keep, then i would suggest pulling out the hard drive (if possible) and put it in another system and take what you need. Then put the hard drive back and reinstall Windows.

I, unfortunately, am not able to provide any further assistance, due to lack of experience. So, if what has been mentioned is not possible for you, then you'll have to wait for someone else to respond.

My computer is five years old :-/ I had norton antivirus software my computer and it told me to make an identity card but I skipped the process...