xisto Community
rjraaz

Hoaxmail Anonymouse Mail Server

Hello, 

friends i have got an email warned me about my orkut activities which is telling me that somebody is trying to accessing my account.

i feel something wrong in this email. this email is showing login page of orkut so i was start to scroll down and i find following footer in my email

--Send an email from anyone to anyone - hoaxMail.co.uk
Remove this footer by upgrading your account

then afterwards i have googled about hoaxmail and i find that it is an anonymous mail server through which anyone can send email (that may spoofed mail) 

so now i confirmed that this login is absolute fake. 

Thank God i have read email carefully, otherwise i lost my orkut account

But i have little bit confusion that they also provide paid services by subscribing which there will no footer in outgoing mail.

ma question is that in that case how can be identify this email is spoofed.

Thanks in advance 

Hi!@rjraazThere's lots of stuff you can do to ensure the security of email. The simplest solution would be to use a separate email server within the office network, independent of Internet-based email services. Think of it as the traditional mail services on UNIX systems that enabled users on a single server to email each other - Linux has it too!Another way you can secure your email is to obtain a digital certification from one of the popular digital certificate providers and use it to digitally sign your email. The receiver of your email can verify, using your digital signature, that the email really did originate from you. You can also use public key-private key encryption for all of your email.For external mail, you can read through the full set of headers provided by your email provider.I am surprised by the fact that the spammer who sent you the email requesting for your Orkut account details used a free account with the HoaxMail footer in the email message - that must have been the give-away! I am also surprised that someone would actually create a service named HoaxMail. Would the service even be legal? The name definitely suggests that they exist solely to enable senders with malicious intent to send out bulk email.

yaa i have analysed my header, but problem is not with their free service i am just afraid of that if someone get to be their premium member, what the hell he may do with the world not even they provide email service they also provide sms services also .

Is there any way to report against them?

isn't this just the typical phishing scam or am i missing something here?

hey anwii i am not getting you clearly please can you tell me

it's when someone sends you an email and the email looks like it came from a legit business. what happens is they copy a webpage but attatch it to a fake domain name to collect personal information. a lot of people fall for it since it looks like the email is talking about their account....so they sign in....and BAM! theyjust got your personal information. it's a #'s game. they send thousands of those same emails. sooner or later someone will log in. it's an old hacker trick that is just now getting more attention to protect against it. it's called phishing.....like fishing....you throw the line out there and reel in all the suckers.

yaa i have analysed my header, but problem is not with their free service i am just afraid of that if someone get to be their premium member, what the hell he may do with the world not even they provide email service they also provide sms services also .
Is there any way to report against them?

hey anwii i am not getting you clearly please can you tell me