xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
oceannemo18

How To Fix Fully Bricked V4.0 Wii

I tried installing homebrew back in June 2009 onto my wii. I got about half way through the installation just fine, when it said that (the next step) I had already installed or something. So i skipped it and it ended up fully bricking my wii. (I also unplugged the power cord).

When I turn on my wii now the screen is black and it wont even sense my controllers. I know there is a way of using like a savemii on earlier versions like v3.0 - v3.4 to fix a wii. But i can't find anything that will be able to get my v4.0 wii up and working.

Does anyone know of a way to fix a fully bricked v4.0 wii besides sending it to Nintendo and having them make you pay like $150 dollars to get it fixed? (RIP OFF!).

That would be great! Thanks and someone please post something helpful soon.

Wow the wii can be "Bricked"? I thought only PSP's could be "bricked"I don't own a wii but if a psp gets bricked there is no "legal" way to fix it other then buying a chip or sending to Sony/Nintendo which are both expensive.But the way they get bricked is you were doing something with the system files. like upgrading or installing something which corrupts system data.

I found this for you... hope it helps:

all files can be found at wiibrew.org

Semi brick

cause: wrong system menu installed

effect: settings menu wont load

1.install homebrew channel any way

2.use any region changer to install correct region

OR

open a wii disc (correct region) with trucha signer, open partition "relsab" and find a .wad that says "sys menu". use the latest disc possible. install it with wad manager. use the latest disc possible. also find "ios30" and install that.

Banner brick

cause: faulty channel installed

effect: freezes at "press a" or gives "system files are corrupt" screen"

1.use savemii to boot homebrew channel installer disc

2.make trucha disc with wiimu to boot homebrew channel (use savemii)

3.use any title deleter to delete bad channel

Full brick

cause: wrong system menu installed

effect: opera style error screen

1.use savemii to boot homebrew channel installer.

2.use trucha wiimu disc to boot homebrew channel. (use savemii)

3.use any region changer to install correct region

OR

open a wii disc (correct region) with trucha signer, open partition "relsab" and find a .wad that says "sys menu".use the latest game possible. install it with wad manager. also find "ios30" and install that.

Low level brick

cause: basic software corruption (boot0,1,2 - menu wont load)

effect: black screen

NO FIX

installation of homebrew channel (no chip):

1.copy private folder from zip to sd card

2.copy boot.elf to root (not in any folders) from zip to sd.

3.copy save of zelda twilight princess region to wii

4.load correct save (table) here) and talk to guy or walk backwards

5.accept all the stuff

How to make a trucha disc

1.open trucha signer

2.open game iso and open game partition (not relsab)

3.find main.dol in partition

4.replace it with your .dol homebrew (not .elf)(right click to replace)

5.right click the partition and trucha sign it!

NOTES:

trucha disc needs menu 3.2 or lower and modchip

homebrew channel installer requires menu 3.2 or lower and modchip

no modchip homebrew channel installation requires zelda twilight princess

install homebrew channel before brick if possible - use any region changer to install 3.2x (internet needed). alternatively, open partition "relsab" of a wii iso and look for sys menu and ios30 wads. install these with wad manager. use latest disc possible

Source

Read the thread... it includes a member's woes going through the same thing you may be going through and has a happy ending to it. :) You might want to invest in a mod chip to have that ability to restore your Wii anyway just so that you have that option as well as any other benefits of having a mod chip.

You will likely need a modchip. You can try to load some original games with savemiifrii. Most will not load, some may. You can try. Not sure what they can do to fix your issue. See if they offer an update. NSMB has 4.1 on it. Pitty it is not the bluetooth module, as we would have something to go off of.