xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Member Group [hosted] Will Be Changed

Hello Xisto members,Ever since we launched Hosting Credit version 3 system, all hosting acquisitions are handled by Xistosupporting staff. Therefore, this eliminates the need for [HOSTED] group and its identity. Starting from today, I will be moving [HOSTED] group and members to Members group. There will be no change to your myCENT or credit earnings. Your post grade will not be changed. This is simply a "label" transition.However, if you believe you are experiencing an issue, please feel free to PM me.Thank you.The number of [HOSTED] members to be affected: 279

it is about time heheh i was always looking at that label for the longest time after the new credit system wondering when it was gonna change. it was cool to have the label while it lasted though. now i am just a regular member....where is the crying smiley! :P i got so used to that being attached to my account.

Finally this change has happened, I have seen a lot of suggestions in the 'Suggestions' Section to get this removed as its the old system. I think we should have new groups like trusted member or something. I am sure many members will be happy and some in the hosted group wont be :P as it made them stand out.

well i just noticed that my hosted tag isn't there anymore...but why is it still showing other people as "hosted" ???

I think, I am still in HOSTED group. It is always interesting to be different. :P Why don't you introduce more groups?

Why not introduce groups with categories like :- Design- Programming- Creative (design+programming,poetry,story,blogging etc etc all be in here)Maybe number of posts in particular category forum then they should directly get into the particular group. Just my suggestion, not sure if other people will like it or not.

I agree with others that new grups should be made in order to give the forum more life. About some people still being in the hosted group I think he has to do it one by one can't do it by mass or it would overload the forums. Otherwise he would of done that.

I actually quite like mashes2ks idea. I guess I fit well into the Creative category, huh? Maybe to save you time, the members will be able to choose their own groups themselves after a certain amount of posts. It's a very good way to give people labels and keep them motivated rather than ditching them all into one big group that doesn't really mean anything at all, apart from the fact that they are registered at Xisto.Maybe you should have a regular members one, and myCents user one, and customer one (someone that has used Trap17s services with myCENTS or real money, and then in that group after a certian amount of posts, have the creative, design and programming suggestion that mahesh2k has give us.I reckon it's a pretty hot idea. :P

I agree with all about new groups. Having a single Members group is meaning less. No need to tell that someone is a member by indicating them with a Members group. Having different groups like mahesh said, designers, programmers, experts etc.. will motivate people to post more for some sort of recognition. I hope OpaQue will consider this idea and will add more groups. Its interesting to belong to some particular group, and give a basic idea about that member to other fellow members. :P

Having a single group was the initial idea from both OpaQue and I. Not only script to "change" the user group once a user became a hosting member was hard on the server's resource, we have "custom title" for those who reached higher level. There's a setting to promote a user once the user reached set number of posts but your profile's title already does that. I feel it's redundant :)But like everything in life, nothing is set in stone. OpaQue may change his mind at any time :D Until then we are all members of Xisto.[HOSTED] group has been successfully migrated to Members group. Please report any unfinished move to admin via PM.

i am 100% against any groups that will seperate the users. sorry. i'm with BH on this one where the users title will always change depending on which posting level you are at. OR one can always ctreat their own custom title. the hosting group served it's purpose under the old credit system.if we ever do make groups for different people, might i suggest putting the spammers in a group of their own first? because i think it's important for everyone to recognize and differentiate the quality users who post quality content for the most part....from those who just spam for the most part for the mycents....then create a group just for the youngins who wont be fullfilled until they feel special when a group was created just for them. give them 10 gold stars while your add it to spice up their lives that much more.and if we have come that far in creating groups for users, then might as well create one especially for me that nobody can join because i just don't need others in my group.