xisto Community
Baniboy

Made A Musical Sig

Hi trapsters. It's been a while I made any sigs, so I made this thing as a warm-up. Going to make more later.No brushes, just some free vector graphics I found on the web, a pic of my drumsticks, a blurry pic of my piano and a snare drum image. Kept the text simple as well.I made this in GIMP if anyone was interested in knowing that.Criticism is appreciated. I'm not going to improve this one as I'm planning to make more of these, but suggestions of how this could've been done better are appreciated as well so I remember where I went wrong.post-71342-1261864144_thumb.png

I thought it was pretty good, I think everyone's just busy with Christmas. I don't see anything wrong with it to criticize.

The only thing I'd point out is that where the drumsticks are positioned with your name, it looks a bit like "Bamboy" especially if I didn't already know your username :P Other than that it's good - the colour you've used for the notes works well with the purple shade on the background.

Along with rvalkass' comment on the drumsticks making your name look different, I think the colouration, the angle, and position of the drumsticks are not very "pleasing" Otherwise it is a very good signature. good job, dont forget to enter in the SOTW!

Thanks for your comments. I'm a little disappointed in the sticks too. But changing the display modes or colors didn't really do the thing, and I couldn't add any more transparency, since the drum would show through. The situation is hopeless, because if I used the perspective tool to correct the angle, it would twist my sticks :PI'll try moving the sticks a little so you can see it's "i" since it's a small change.Well I didn't join the SOTW because I can't really make winter-themed signatures(maybe if I put an ice effect on the sticks? :P)

Thanks for your comments. I'm a little disappointed in the sticks too. But changing the display modes or colors didn't really do the thing, and I couldn't add any more transparency, since the drum would show through. The situation is hopeless, because if I used the perspective tool to correct the angle, it would twist my sticks :PI'll try moving the sticks a little so you can see it's "i" since it's a small change.

Well I didn't join the SOTW because I can't really make winter-themed signatures(maybe if I put an ice effect on the sticks? :P)

Come on! try the sotw. we need more entries.