xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Happy Holidays From Canada! Theres a present in here.

Bob Okay, good day, this is our Christmas part of the album, and you can play this at your Christmas parties, uh, or to yourself on Christmas Eve, if there's nothing else to do.

Well, that's me. The latter, obviously!

Here's a song they sometimes play at Christmas here in Canada by Bob and Doug. It's stupid, but kind of funny, so check it out. "It's a beauty!" It's a silly parody of Canadian culture, don't take it too seriously. And we don't really all talk like that in Canada!

I encoded it with an EXTREMELY low bitrate, so I don't think anyone's going to sue me for attaching it.

twelvedaysofxmas.mp3

Actually that reminds me of some of the things past Australian radio host Mick Molloy used to get up to. Nothing to do with Christmas though, on one show he pretends he's smoking a bong and it just gets funnier and funnier, the other host on the other end does what he can to not slip into a fit of laughter. There were 2 standout CD's put out of radio segment recordings with Mick Malloy one entitled "poop chute" and the more popular "eat your peas" from the mid 90's. But i cant remember what "that" particular segment was called. Very, very funny guy when he gets in his zone.

oh man....that was just extremely funny. i couldn't stop laughing when it got down to the first day of christmas...."and a beer"so in the words of whoever said it, "this song's a beauty"....but i don't think it ranks up there with stairway to heaven hahathanks rob...

If this pertains to Christmas alone, why say "Happy Holidays"? "Happy Holidays" invites other celebrations within the same time. If it is said "Happy Holidays" to not be insulting or to be politically correct, isn't that countered by the fact that only Christmas is mentioned?Anyway, Merry Christmas! Let us not forget the reason why Christmas is celebrated: what Christ Jesus did for us.

that's funny you mentioned that. my buddy ever since grade school called me up 2 days ago. he ended his message(i wasn't home at the time) with "happy holidays"....then he corrected himself saying, "forget that....i hate when people say that crap.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!". actually, he didn't say "crap" heheh...but ummmm there are rules here on trap.

anyway, what *I* personally don't like is when people focus christmas around 1 person like jesus. it should in fact be centered around everyone and the act of unselfishly giving or sacrificing in order to give. i think most people can find more meaning in to that than focusing on just one person. but then, let's not forget about him either...

this was a strange christmas to me because usually christmas or the holidays revolve around family and traditions. it's the first christmas i have spent alone....well....except for my dog bruin. it snowed on christmas(first snowfall of the year) so we played in the snow. i made the mistake of throwing his ball because it landed 3 inches in to the ground and was buried....but it was funny watching bruin try to get it. he was pushing every bit of snow up with his nose and face until he found the ball and could grab it without getting a full mouth of snow at the same time.

If this pertains to Christmas alone, why say "Happy Holidays"? "Happy Holidays" invites other celebrations within the same time. If it is said "Happy Holidays" to not be insulting or to be politically correct, isn't that countered by the fact that only Christmas is mentioned?
Anyway, Merry Christmas! Let us not forget the reason why Christmas is celebrated: what Christ Jesus did for us.

I have never been to Canada and so we have decided that this year me and my family will go to Ontario which is very famous place for the tourists. Canada is know for the warm welcome of the tourists. I will be posting pictures of my vacation after i return so wait until that.