xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rob86

Why Can't I Edit Posts Anymore? Post editing is no longer working.

I used to be able to edit posts, but now I can't. Is anyone else experiencing this? When I post something, there is an EDIT button there, where it always used to be. Clicking on it allows me to edit it, but when I try to save the changes, nothing happens. When I refresh the page, the edit button is no longer there. Something fishy is going on around here!

you are just now noticing that? welcome to TRAP! :P

Something fishy is going on around here!

btw- i just edited this post heheheh
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Well I certainly can't edit things, unless I'm losing my mind. I used to edit my posts all the time, so I know how to do it, and now there isn't even a button. I think OpaQue is doing something, because that comma in the title is gone too. It's weird that you can edit though.Edit Testing...testing...

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

Well I made one edit above, and I now see the edit button in that post, but not in my first post. I also got an error message trying to edit it a second time.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to edit that message

Edit testing again.... looks like it will work.

Right now it's only letting me edit once, and then the second time I get the error. I tried it again to make sure and the same thing happened. Can you edit multiple times? I used to be able to, so something must have changed.

For me i seem to have short period where i can make an edit after i have created a post. If i neglect to do so then i miss the opportunity. (Its only been like that since yesterday for me)

update: i needed to edit a post today and when i went to click the submit button, it wouldn't let me. just said i didn't have permission. hmmm

Edit seems to be working fine, now.When you experience forum glitch, just give it a moment or few minutes. It can be due to server updates or forum updates. It's also possible that it's due to database running slow and cannot keep up with incoming requests. It's like having the hour glass of waiting icon when you click too many things on your PC, or running too many things. :PThis topic is closed.PS, maybe OpaQue was changing the shoutbox and that's when you experienced the problem. Shoutbox orders are in reverse, it seems.

This topic is reopen because it was reported to me that regular members cannot use EDIT feature.I am not sure if OpaQue turned it off, for whatever the reason. Be advised that until I have some reply from OpaQue the missing EDIT instance has been reported and noted. Please, no more topics about it.

hmmm...There is a possibility that he may have installed the Mod for IPB that disallows members to edit their posts after a time frame has passed? only thing I can think of after seeing the posts above.EDIT-#1... if I do not edit this post again it's cuz I can'tEDIT-#2... hmmmmm worked for meMerge these 2 posts if you will.---I could not edit a 3rd time.

I need to edit a post in which I accidentally violated a rule and I can't see the edit button. Please, if a moderator may remove the quoted text for me asap I'd be appreciated... Or if someone posts the URL address that links any EDIT button, I may just change the postid variable and might be able to edit it myself, I don't know...

Thanks

EDIT feature is now available for 2 minutes after you have finished making a post. If you realize any mistakes, then please do so within 2 minutes. After that, the post is locked and editing is not possible except the moderators.I have been checking members who are spamming and using edit feature for gaining mycents. To cut this instability, I have decided to withdraw the EDIT feature and keep it active only for 2 min. after a post is made.I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to members about it.Regards,Shree

And also, my post count is staying the same even tho I post. MyCENTs don't transfer or even get updated either. Is it just me or...?

EDIT feature is now available for 2 minutes after you have finished making a post. If you realize any mistakes, then please do so within 2 minutes. After that, the post is locked and editing is not possible except the moderators.
I have been checking members who are spamming and using edit feature for gaining mycents. To cut this instability, I have decided to withdraw the EDIT feature and keep it active only for 2 min. after a post is made.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to members about it.

Regards,

Shree

Well it really sucks that we must suffer for the things those spammers do. Anyway, good to know it's not some error or anything. But I thought that when you edit a post and delete content from it, your myCENTs will decrease? Like getting negative mycents when mods edit/delete your post. Can't say, never happened to me. I have to say that 2 minutes isn't very much tho, especially when you have a large posts. I guess I have to get used to previewing post from now on.
Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

yea, there really has to be another solution to this problem. can't you set permissions and just lower the permissions for certain users? this is going to be tough for the users who do a lot of postings....and then for the moderators who will have to do all the editing because of mistakes with quotes and what not....not to mention more double posts which is frowned upon....

so i don't really get what was going on. were users editing like 1 month old posts so nobody would notice? i would issue a no tolerance policy for anyone caught doing that. who ever was doing it....thanks alot! you just ruined the holidays for everyone. some people are just scum.

Well it really sucks that we must suffer for the things those spammers do. Anyway, good to know it's not some error or anything. But I thought that when you edit a post and delete content from it, your myCENTs will decrease? Like getting negative mycents when mods edit/delete your post. Can't say, never happened to me. I have to say that 2 minutes isn't very much tho, especially when you have a large posts. I guess I have to get used to previewing post from now on.