xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shuang

What Is The Most Affordable And Powerful Data Recovery Tools

If you are looking to recover major file types, such as pictures (but not limited to gif, jpg, bmp), and others like doc, xls, txt, pdf... the best software with affordable price is Recovery My Files.

I have been using this program for about 5 years and it is very good. I have recovered success rate of 99% with 95% file accuracy. Just because file can be recovered, it does not mean that the file is intact.

Assuming you deleted your files and did not overwrote with another file, as in you deleted and used Recovery My Files almost immediately (even after emptying out your recycle bin) you can recovery your files close to 99%, or sometimes 100%.

There are other free recovery programs out there. Try these few and test it out:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

http://www.rewardprograms.org/thefreegeek/army_knife.html

Data recovery is not limited to just pictures or bmps, but the disk or partition for that matter.Just last week I was installing my old 40GB hard disk as a master and existing 160GB hard disk as a slave. I had Windows 7 installed in the 160GB and wanted to install a fresh copy of Windows XP in the 40GB. The installation went fine and Internet connection as well as Anti-virus program was perfectly working, when all of a sudden a message popped up saying my Internet Explorer needs to shut down due to error. My pc went in a busy state and about a minute later Dr Watson showed an error and closed. Upon repeated restarts the same problem recurred again and again.Now with no option left I decided to reinstall and while installing again, the installation process declared that the 160GB hard disk has partition unrecognized in XP. So I stopped the installation and connected single 160GB hard disk as primary. But my disk won't boot.I realized the problem and booted from floppy dive only to find that my 160 GB hard disk partition got somehow deleted.I was really disappointed as all my pictures were in the 160 GB drive and I was at a loss.Finding no hope the next day I searched for any solution on the net in my college computer lab. One name that came accross was Acronis - Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.2239 - and that was to my rescue. It had a feature to search for and undelete the deleted partition. I immidiately got the software and got a licence for it. After downloading I somehow managed to install a copy by fresh installing Wndows XP again but the problem of Explorer error remained. In that environment where windows explored did not work I took help of command prompt to copy my downloaded file on the desktop and install Acronis from there. After installation and running the recover partition program, two out of three partition were recovered and one partition was in error. I however was able to retreive my photos and copied them to my pen drive using the dos xcopy command, as the windows explorer would crash and make the computer busy.Although I was able to retreive my photos two of my large videos were unrecognizeable and was not recovered at all.I have now Windows 7 installed in the 160GB hard disk and 20-30% of my files recovered. Acronis did save my day.