xisto Community
footo

How Do You Know If Someone Loves You?

i have three tests. if you pass all three, then you know she loves you...

1: start picking your nose while watching t.v. with her. roll the booger around with your fingers for extra effect and start flicking them.
2: intentionally start farting in the same room she's in
3: pretend to be asleep and create a hideous snoring sound that anyone in their right mind would hate to be in the same room

if you do these three things and she doesn't leave the same room you are in, then you know she really does love you. it also means you can do pretty much whatever you want and she will still be by your side.

my friend asked me the same question once but his answer which much simpler. all i said to him was...."dude, you're friggin' ugly. ofcourse she loves you!"

now WHATEVER you do, don't ask her if she loves you. women tend to lie alot just so they don't hurt the ones they care about....especially if they think you love them and they don't feel the same. also, a question like that makes you look insecure and women for the most part like someone secure and stable. so thus....the tests.

also....you know, i didn't have many gf's in the past. it was recomended to me that i should dress more nicely rather than my holey jeans and shirts. i was told to approach them more and even comb my hair once in a while. i wasn't even asking for advice but people would always think i needed it haha. anyway, my personal belief is that if you act like someone you aren't, then who are they really falling in love with. for me, yea...love is great, but i would rather be myself and wait for someone who is attracted to ME without me trying to impress anyone. let's face it. it's just being fake and those first impression phases wear off over time when people start to be more comfortable in a relationship...and then a person is seeing a whole other you they didn't see before because they were too busy trying to impress and be fake.

now if all else fails and you are still wondering. a good prank is in order to REALLY find out. have a friend get his fake but realistic looking gun, walk through the door where you two are at. when this happens, hide behind her to see if she's willing to take a bullet for you. if she tries to squirm away or hide behind YOU....then dude....she doesn't love ya....or at least not THAT much. but heck....if she stands her ground in front of you....willing to take that bullet....you can safely assume she loves you....but not after she finds out it was just a prank....so don't even tell her! haha

now sometimes it's hard to know what love is for some people. they could be in love and not even know it....or question it. personally, i don't like these questions because they seem like forced questions based on something other than love.....like selfishness. for instance. why ask? will that change how you act? if she doesn't love you, what are you going to do to make her love you? or...if she does love you....is the answer to that question based on some future decision you plan on making....or some change? so the most important thing to remember is just be yourself and go with the flow. women are able to be a lot more honest with their emotions than guys are and they WILL open up to you eventually to tell you exactly how they feel about you....even when they speak in that secret code which seems like beating around the bush. so my advice to you is just go with the flow because it doesn't really matter if a person loves you or not. what matters is the time you spend together and if that time makes you feel happy and content. so my point is, don't rush life with questions because questions like that has a motive attached usually. just enjoy your time together without dumb questions and let life unfold naturally.

How do u even know if someone likes you?

Anwii, those 3 things are very difficult test for some people to pass. :P But some friends may even pass and we can't be sure if that girl is good friend or more than that. I know i suck at this topic bad, but i like to read when you post on these topics. I would like to know how we can find out if anyone crosses these 3 points and still it becomes hard on us to judge if she loves or just likes the person.

Love is a slippery, wet thing that is hard to get a grip on. Just when you think that you've got someone nailed down, they do something you don't expect.So don't think that you can know for certain if someone loves you or not. Love is ephemeral and variable, based on the mood of the person, their recent experiences, their memories, their expectations, their desires, likes, dislikes, needs, and chemical balances. The "tests" that anwii suggested are . . . ineffectual at best, and disastrous at worst. If you fart on tuesday, they may shrug it off and think "it's okay, I'm down with that." But if you fart on friday, they may freak out and think "I need to get out of this relationship because they're such a pig." It all depends. For example, you may reeeeeeeeeally love the music of a certain band, but it doesn't mean that you ONLY listen to their music. You listen to it sometimes, get tired, and listen to something else. People are the same way with love. You may be in love madly and passionately one night and the next morning you become blase. It's normal.If I had to sum up (and I do) keep in mind that people (and by connection, emotions) aren't constant. You can't KNOW if someone loves you or not.And as a final point, I don't know if anwii was serious or not (I hope not), but you should never, ever test love. If you do, you might find out that the answer wasn't what you wanted.

Anwii, those 3 things are very difficult test for some people to pass. :P But some friends may even pass and we can't be sure if that girl is good friend or more than that. I know i suck at this topic bad, but i like to read when you post on these topics. I would like to know how we can find out if anyone crosses these 3 points and still it becomes hard on us to judge if she loves or just likes the person.

I agree, mahesh2k. I'd be totally disgusted and wonder why I fell in love with that person in the first place. Seriously. :D But anyway, cool... I like your advice. Now this is my question: How do you know if someone of the same sex likes you or not? :P (Pretend both of them are girls). Now please, don't make it disgusting.

OK, and I'll take this further: Lets say that you know that someone from the same sex as you likes you, and you like them back, and you want to show your feeling for them? It's harder because of the way society looks at gay and lesbian people... so? Your advice?

Lol good one anwii, just be careful you don't flick any boogies in their hair or face, that could be too much of a challenge for anyone. Mmm... not sure how affective the gun prank would be as a determining factor, but it would make a good laugh! Maybe the test would be to see if they wont leave you after it! Lol

well this thread wasn't very specific from the start. in the title, it talks about love and in the opening statement it talks about "like".nameless, i am not going to answer your question. you aren't a woman even though you act like it sometimes :)and and far as just someone liking you. it's really easy to tell because all people will give off signs. even the most shy will get caught staring(and then looking away) from time to time. this one sign of manybut see, i don't believe in these questions that people ask themselves because usually, a person will know if they are liked or feel loved. the real question is.....what is one willing to do after they find out the answer or even if you DONT know the answer. what really matters is what you know you feel for someone else and what you are going to do about it.the only reason why i semi answered this question with semi humor was to make a point that to love.....is to accept the good and the bad or someone's strengths with their faultsevery person is very complicated in their own ways and love is tricky to answer because alot of people are fake in the love they try to show. they aren't themselves like i mentioned in my first post....so then the question because.....who do they like....or who do they love. do they love the WHOLE you or just part of you.it's important to always be true to ones self so you can be true to others...and to even answer a question like this (if someone loves or likes you). love is complicated. that is why so many books have been written about it and the opposite sex. if it was so straight forward, and only one way to see it, then maybe there would only be 2-3 books written on this subjectso to me, people are asking the wrong questions about others like those answer should dictate their own actions.i have found if someone can be themselves fully, be true.....and be patient, the answers will come naturally. if people have to answer questions like this, most likely, they aren't ready for a relationship....or even love becaue one isn't really being patient in the questions they ask. they aren't looking hard or deep enough for their own answers and they are more cencentrated on the other person rather than 100% focused on their own selves to do something about how THEY feel when the like or love someone.it's also a lot easier to tell if a girl likes a guy rather than if a guy likes a girl. women are more emotionally open than guys. women are complicated in other ways...but they are NOT complicated when it comes to expressing feelings. guys will tend to hide their feelings more which makes it tougher for a woman to know if a guy likes or loves her. i mean....if a guy goes to bed with a woman....does it mean they like or love her? ofcourse not. but you will have more women liking a guy or even loving them to an extent when a guy beds her down. women will create an attatchment where guys are less likely. do guys think about this? NO! guys are selfish in the love area and they don't truely understand what the hurt they are creating for women sometimes when they should know how easily they get attatched.now if people are going to ask if someone likes or loves them, you might as well ask why they like or love you. some people want to know the answer to this question so bad that sometimes when they don't know, they let something slip away because their actions were based on an unanswered hidden question. so maybe the question should be...."do i want to live in regret?" and not let other peoples actions or feelings interfere with how you want to live your own life...which includes taking a chance....and being patient enough for all those unanswered hidden questions to become answered over time.....naturally....while you are being real and true to your own self and always showing what you mean to others....so THEY aren't as confused as you are.

nameless, i am not going to answer your question. you aren't a woman even though you act like it sometimes :(
and and far as just someone liking you. it's really easy to tell because all people will give off signs. even the most shy will get caught staring(and then looking away) from time to time. this one sign of many

Er... thanks for the comment. Sometimes? When? :D But I suppose it is true (quoting the rest of your reply as it is way too long). Many people just feel the chemistry. It's like a jump in your heart whenever you see the person or something like that, but you never really understand fully what the person is like. If that person likes you back, they act differently around you, probably their "good" side. This is why crushes happen, because people fall in love with one another without fully understanding what they are like. They think that this person is a perfect female or a male specimen and they go with it, without actually knowing them completely.

I mean, everyone has their ups and downs, and bad times and good times. No one is perfect. Your crush may throw a tantrum at home or have a hobby of killing insects. This is why people, after knowing that the person that they like like them back, feel incomplete and not good enough for them, because they understand that they are not a perfect human being with no ups and downs but they think that the other person is.

(Hey! I can use this as a post on my blog. :) YES!!! Thanks anwii.)

And that is why many people break up in marriages. because it is then that they find out the truth... *sound effects and drum roll*... of LOVE.

Haha. (great, I just ruined the moment)

Marriage break ups are also do to communication problems, or an unwillingness to do what is necessary to solve a critical issue. Regarding knowing if someone likes you beyond simple friendship, its usually easy to tell through eye contact if you look into each others eyes for longer than usual you can tell if there is something there.But that doesn't necessarily mean people are ready to act on their interests, or even if there interest will hold over time between encounters. Like many opportunities in life you have to take a flying leap by taking a risk and be prepared if the worst happens, which is usually a slight hit to the ego.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Marriage break ups are also do to communication problems, or an unwillingness to do what is necessary to solve a critical issue. Regarding knowing if someone likes you beyond simple friendship, its usually easy to tell through eye contact if you look into each others eyes for longer than usual you can tell if there is something there.

That may be true, if you look into each others eyes for longer than usual. But something else is also true: If you look into each others eyes and both quickly glance away, out of embarrassment or anything similar. :) But I guess it's hard to tell, huh? Normal people will try and hide their feelings for another person. :D

Yeah your right. I reckon when you are holding eye contact you are intrigued with other the person, whereas when someone quickly glances away is like a flirting crush (both are totally valid). What do you reckon people, any truth to that?

Yeah your right. I reckon when you are holding eye contact you are intrigued with other the person, whereas when someone quickly glances away is like a flirting crush (both are totally valid). What do you reckon people, any truth to that?

Isn't it the other way round? If I remember, if you hold their eyes for four seconds, then it's a flirting crush, but if you look away quickly, then it's a embarrassed thing. I mean, don't you get nervous when your crush is around you? So if you have the guts to look at the person in their eyes, then you probably are flirting, but if not, then your emotions will probably get so worked up that you just can't.

Or that's what I think. :)

love is a relationship between two person and its the purest relation so it must be chose very wisely because after falling love with some one it is very difficult to ignore him or her later sign may be anything but after having a relation you have to maintain you relation for longer time that is the main part of love.