xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jonnytracker

Tricks Collection what do you think

digitalmixdown.blogspot.com this is my blog, what would you compliment, negative and positive welcome

I like the simplicity of your layout. The Font choice is ideal, the ads are structured to one side. Doesn't take long to load.

I'd say it was too plain, too much white space, which can act as a disadvantage at times. You seem to have a fairly basic blog going on there, and for that it is great but if you want to improve, try reading books and guides on css and html - not too much though, once you get stuck in you'll advance.

Although blogspot is great, I find there is more flexibility with wordpress, but that's just a preference.

Good luck and keep on going!

Wow! Thx for the info on the 3d Analyze! Need for Speed worked like a charm on my Nvidia Geforce 5500 fx! i also enjoyed the look of the website and i think you should spice it up a bit and add a bit of images = )

i stayed on your site a whole 20 seconds and left. it was plain and ugly lookin'. not this doesn't mean you don't have any good information on it, but it IS in fact plain and ugly looking. at first, i thought it was too plain. it's too white. no pretty little colors to attract your visitors. but then i got to thinking, there was a certain mystic about it when looking so plain. so i don't know. but i will tell you this. you better use your keywords better if you are going to put ppc ads on your site because personally, i don't want to see auto repair ads on it haha. you have some work to do. repost when you have made some changes to where i feel like staying for more than 20 seconds. i left in such a hurry, that i didn't really get a chance to see any true positives to it. i am being blunt....not to hurt ya, but to really encourage you to put more effort in to it. the changes needed to make it look better and more professional are minor. also, if i didn't stay more than 20 seconds, i am sure other people are feeling the same way. so you want to make sure, once you get your visitors to your sight, KEEP THEM THERE. small changes will do wonders

digitalmixdown.blogspot.com this is my blog, what would you compliment, negative and positive welcome

Interesting tabloid style theme / template on your Blogger blog, with the full page width logo header at the top amd the use of a serif font for the logo.However, apart from the lack of graphical elements (not a bad thing if your blog is aimed at being minimalistic and using plenty of white space), there are some issues I would like to point out about your site:(1) I found the posititioning of the two columns very unusual, especially with the sidebar placed on the left instead of the right where sidebars are usually located on most blogs. It sort of in someway takes away the focus from the content and becomes more focused on pushing visitors to subscribe to the blog's RSS feed instead of having a look at the content first.(2) The fluid layout is another problem, since a maximum width of the page is not set in the styling of the CSS. On large resolution monitors, such as mine on 1920x1200px, the page stretches to fill the whole screen, resulting in the post content in addition to the sidebar being stretched and thus making the content very difficult to read (It is known that a long line text length makes it difficult for users to read the text, especially when moving from line-to-line. By limiting the fluid width of the blog, you can avoid this text reading problem.(3) For the styling of the post titles, I highly recommend you use Capitals for the start of each major word, if not just at the start of the title. The failure to use capital letters where it is normal and appropriate to do so diminishes the professionalism of the blog itself and like styling issues, can put visitors to leave the site without reading any of the content. Also, avoid placing URLs of sites you are advertising to your readers in the post titles. For example, except of writing "play-by-post.forumotion.com" in the post tile, you could write "Best Text Game of 2010" to make it much more interesting and engaging to your readers.Overall, a blog is defined really by how well the content is written and understable to the reader, although improving the graphical elements and styling of the layout will help your blog stand out to your readers.

Edited by Atomic0 (see edit history)

i think your blog is simple and looks good. your posts and topic are useful. but about the layout it looks good but need more colors and depth. maybe you can give it the look of newspapers. for example, make your title bigger, bold or give it shadows. also you can separate your header from the categories section. to give it a unique look. also, you can give a different color either to the content or to your sidebar. to make the contents more showy. that is all, i hope you a good luck.

Without criticising your contents, your site looks (I'm sorry to say) too boring. I stand by the saying "design the contents, not the page", but you need to "sell" yourself. Try adding some color or something (but stay away from animated gifs, they only distract your readers from reading what is important).

On the bright side: your site is well structured, has enough white space between page elements and is easily readable.