xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nolan

A Late Introduction

Hello everyone.It's a little bit late, but I figured I'd post an introduction anyway. My name is Nolan, as you might have guessed. I am a professional designer (I do anything from layout design to web design, promotional design, 3D modeling, illustration work, and more). I own my own design firm and administer several web projects of various proportions.My educational background is a mixture between business and technology. I hold an M.S. in Management Information Systems and a Masters of Business Administration, along with several technical certifications and a few emergency management certifications from a previous role I held working for the government. I will also soon be a doctoral candidate for a Ph. D. in Information Technology.I program/script in Python, PHP, Javascript (AJAX-related, mostly), HTML, and CSS. Previously, I have done work with Java, Perl, and C++, as well, with a very, very small amount of Ruby speckled in. The work I do with Python and PHP relates mostly to web-related imaging services and communications platforms. Back when I worked with Java, I was using the language for 3D projects.For applications, I've worked with too many to list, both professionally and personally.Beyond all of this, and foremost in my life, I enjoy spending time with my wife and daughter. I also enjoy cooking, music composition and editing, philosophy, and whatever else draws my attention at a particular moment in time.That's me in a nut shell!

Great Introduction. You have so many achievements up there in real life. So what are u seeking here at trrap17? I always liked the web, and programming languages( or best describes, what's hiding behind it) and I only could learn just some php, html and css(with the latter being lots of familiar). Good background dude and welcome to Xisto.

Hello nolan Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA.

Wow, what a resume'. Your acheivments are impressive. Makes my efforts seem small time. :P My work is strictly amateur, but there still seems to be a need for it as I receive request constantly from beginning homepage builders.

Look forward to reading your posts and seeing your work. :P

@webishqiptar - It's nice to meet you! My reason for joining this community was primarily to have something to look over and contribute to when I'm in the middle of projects but just want a quick breather away from looking at code/design work.@mich - Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to helping out around the community and seeing what other people are working on, too!

Hi Nolan,An inspirational introduction :P I know you will find endless topics of interest to contribute to due to your experiences and hobbies. I personally wasn't much of a forum person, in fact the only forum i've contributed to is Xisto - and I really like it here.Hosting a site for no cost, and contributing to a fairly huge community. There is a lot of satisfaction to be earned there.Best of Luck

Dear friend Nolan welcome to Xisto. Obviously its really late as you said it. As right now I can see that you have posted 56 posts and so I should also say a belated welcome. Best of luck dear friend for your future. ?